Remove Advertisements

[10/25] sarth breath CD usage

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10/25] sarth breath CD usage

Postby daemonym » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:19 am

i was wondering what kind of 'advance notice' you get when a breath is going to come if at all. also, are most people just chaining CD's and hope to take out shadron in time or try to anticipate a breath while the dps works the drakes.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Serelynn » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:18 am

I think 2 seconds on the breath? With how chaotic the fight is, it's next to impossible to save cooldowns. You use one and the tank calls out when it expires/is used for the next one to be used, if Shadron isn't dead after a few cooldowns it's over since most of the raid will end up dying from Twilight Torment and lava strikes.

It's a good measurement of your raid's DPS and coordination on a non-trivial fight (Patchwerk DPS meters).

I don't believe there is a set timer or cooldown on the breath according to wowhead.com, so you might get lucky and go a while without one, or he could cast two in a row pretty quickly.
Serelynn

Postby Belloc » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:48 am

From what I've picked up, it seems that you can expect a breath every 10-14 seconds at that point in the fight. Breaths take 2 seconds to cast.

Cooldown users are going to have to have Sartharion focused and enemy cast bars enabled on their focus frame. So, when the first breath is coming, you hit your shield wall. Then you say, "priest1, be ready for the next breath." That priest will then keep an eye on his focus frame and will hit his macro when he sees the cast starting. After that breath, you will tell the next person in line to be ready, and that person will watch the cast bar.

Certain abilities, of course, should be pre-cast. If, for instance, you are having a paladin using hand of sacrifice and divine guardian, you'll want them to wait about 6-8 seconds and then bubble and hit you with sacrifice. If they wait for the cast bar, they're likely to hit one of those buttons a bit too late, resulting in your death, theirs, or both.
Belloc

Postby Worldie » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:14 pm

Our method is, after i use my bubble wall, i say "prepare second cd", the healer who must use it already has sarth in focus with castbar shown, when sarth casts i say "use" but the healer already will have fired it probably since they know cast = HLEP!11111. Then i'd say "prepare third cd", etc.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby daemonym » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Worldie wrote:Our method is, after i use my bubble wall, i say "prepare second cd", the healer who must use it already has sarth in focus with castbar shown, when sarth casts i say "use" but the healer already will have fired it probably since they know cast = HLEP!11111. Then i'd say "prepare third cd", etc.

so it does have a cast bar then? because the few times i've done it (not +3 yet) i have never seen a cast bar for it and i've had them turned on since level 30.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
daemonym

Postby Salamandra » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:02 pm

It's a 2 second cast time, it has a cast bar if you have casting bars enabled...
Salamandra

Postby daemonym » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:24 pm

Salamandra wrote:It's a 2 second cast time, it has a cast bar if you have casting bars enabled...

hmm i probably never noticed it because im paranoid about lava walls. any way to make enemy cast bars a bit bigger or more noticeable in the interface or an add on?

daemonym

Postby Belloc » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:52 pm

daemonym wrote:
Salamandra wrote:It's a 2 second cast time, it has a cast bar if you have casting bars enabled...

hmm i probably never noticed it because im paranoid about lava walls. any way to make enemy cast bars a bit bigger or more noticeable in the interface or an add on?

I believe that Quartz has a focus cast bar that can be configured. I know that it can be positioned.

Either way, it should be much more obvious than the usual focus bar.
Belloc

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon