Damnable Sapphiron

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby oldsmurgle » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:00 am

Deloimoi wrote:
oldsmurgle wrote:
Ferrix wrote:
I put on healy gear and heal the melee. Druid healer who has bad lag heals MT. Preist heals rest. Our dps lacks in some areas, with a couple doing 2k and the rest around 1.2k or more. Most of the time its a healer death that pwns us during phase 2. Not from teh frost nova, but from the bolts that ice block people (one of them always seems to get pwnt at this time).

To put it simply, if this is your guild you're talking about, they fail, in so many ways. If I'm in a pug and see someone doing 1200 dps, I boot them or leave the group, hell I wouldn't even raid with a guildie that bad.

Just think about it, in BC, at level 70, in badge gear, alot of classes could hit 1200 dps. By time you hit 80, not only do you have better spells/abilities, but you should also have begun upgrading gear. There is alot of instance loot that is better then the only 70 badge gear. So all together, if 10 levels and gear upgrades aren't enough to boost your dps over 1200, then you're doing something wrong.

As for dying to the ice blocks, thats a failure on two parts. Those ice blocks don't hit enough to one shot anyone who is nearly topped off, and after the first time someone dies to one, you should all realize, don't stack up until the second ice bolt hits. If its your healers who continually die to the ice bolt, they need to learn to keep themselves up too, and to not stack and die to a simple aoe

just to follow up...

we arent a hardcore raiding guild and we've been enjoying just raiding for fun. we ended up downing him again this week after not being able to last week. notably, everyone was doing 1800+ this week. it seems that one that was slacking is gone and the other musta been afk fapping because he went from 1200 to 2000+ in one week.

thanks for advice though.

Wow, I don't raid with anyone under 2.8k dps, but I'm not going to trash your guild. The fact that people with that bad dps and lag (though seriously, if you know you have bad lag you shouldn't raid) are getting through the content makes me glad that blizz's model of raiding has worked out.

well, as far as we go, the bug was what was doing us in. its been fixed and we now have no probs and i dont have to respec either. we even downed him once with the bug.
oldsmurgle

Postby samoa » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:47 pm

Yeah.

This post was completely unnecessary, and has been removed.

-Guillex
samoa

Postby Aranbenjo » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:55 am

sorry guys, but we take splash damage when the ice block lands or when it breaks? or both?
If we take damage when it breaks, there's nothing we can do ... we have to stay in cover position breaking los.
if we take damage during the ice block landing landing we can wait 10 yds away from each other for the second/third to come before gather up behind one of them.

got to clarify this one with my guild ... can u plz help?
The savior of the broken,the beaten and the damned

Aranbenjo.Thunderhorn.EU
Aranbenjo

Postby amh » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:57 am

The splash damage occurs when the ice block hits the ground. Spread out until all the blocks are down, then stack up behind them. Never hide behind a block that is considered to be in "melee range", cause he´ll nuke you.

Are you using deadly boss-mods? When the timer and sound-warning for Deep Breath comes, it´s safe to stack up.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Salamandra » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:41 am

amh wrote:Never hide behind a block that is considered to be in "melee range", cause he´ll nuke you.

I'm sure I've seen people hide behind blocks that are right next to Sapphiron, it only seems to still hit you if you're auto-attacking.
Salamandra

Postby Belloc » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:59 am

Aranbenjo wrote:If we take damage when it breaks, there's nothing we can do ... we have to stay in cover position breaking los.

This is not true at all. As long as the ice block is firmly between you and the boss, it will be breaking LoS. You don't have to be grouped up right on it.

So, if you have a blizzard pounding away at everyone on your ice block, everyone can back away while still keeping the block between them and the boss. This requires people to actually pay attention to the ice block's location (because if they back out the wrong way, they won't be behind it anymore), but it works and I have done it myself.

Regardless, the ice block damage occurs when it lands, not when it breaks.
Belloc

Previous

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon