Remove Advertisements

[25] Sartharion 3D

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25] Sartharion 3D

Postby jahve » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:40 am

Not native with English so bare with me. First some background.

We downed S3D yesterday and from casual guild that took some strength to pull it through. A bit late, I know. From gear perspective we have been clearing Nax and Maly since first weeks of WotLK.

We started trying for Sartharion + 3 adds some 3 weeks ago with 1 or 2 night per reset. Most challenging part was that from raid to raid some 30 to 40 % of member were different and that made us have to re-learn fight some 1-2 h at the start of each new day. Since we have contingency of casual players, staying alive through Shadron and Vesperon with their acolytes was proving a bit hard. We had several "nearly made it" Shadron being around 15% when our Warrior tank was tanking Sartha.

the "beef"

On this kill our raid composition was 4 tanks (Druid, DK, 2 x Pally), 7 healers (only one disc priest) and rest were dps. Druid tanked Sartha, DK tanked (lacking gear) Add Dragons and one pally tanked Fire Blazes.

When Vesperon landed, 2nd pally tank (me) went through portal, one druid healer and dps followed and we nuked down acolytes. Nuking the acolytes was fast since both could be nuked at same time. However, this in effect reduced damage peeks that Sartharion tank took so that we didnt really need CDs to keep her up. We had to go through portal 2 times before Shadron was down.

I would imagine that this way is a bit more how blizzard planned event to be played. If so, I was thinking that using this strategy paladin with good stamina gear could tank Sartha. If breath would came with acolyte effects up, Divine Protection would save you once. Disc priest could maybe help you out 2nd time (should not happen) with some nightmare seeds and paladin using Hand of Sacrafice (either holy/retri with DS up or the 2nd pala tank.

Not sure is this anything new but any thoughts? :oops:
jahve
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 10:48 pm

Postby Blar » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:40 am

It is possible forsure, but why would you risk wiping a raid. Let the druids have their chance to shine. Tanking sarth is all about STAMINA. 40k hp tank > 30k hp tank.
Image
Blar
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:02 am

Postby Worldie » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:40 am

Actually having more than 35k HP on Sarth does close to no good. Actually having proper DPS it doesn't matter at all who is tanking Sartharion, if he aint dead before 3 CDs the raid will probably die by the damage anyway.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13303
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Blar » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:43 am

That is till 5k less than we will have lol. I don't think it is possible at this point for a warrior or paladin to reach 46-47k hp buffed.
Image
Blar
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:02 am

Postby Worldie » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:45 am

I can reach 45k atm, havent' bothered crafting Titansteel helm nor gemming/enchanting icebane chest for stamina. I could also fix some gems for even more stamina, but it's not needed, more than 32-33k HP are wasted there, you aren't supposed to take breaths bigger than 30k. People who use druids just have crap healers or no DK.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13303
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Blar » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:57 am

I wouldn't say people who use druids have crap healers. Reason why my guild uses a druid on Sarth is because it is more comfortable. I agree with you on the hp pool for the fire breaths and any tank can tank with the cds. It just feels like you have more breathing room for the healers after the worse of the breaths are gone. For my guild, we do not have a stable ret pally, nor can the warrior or dk come even close to my threat, so I have to specc HotC and tank the drakes which is pretty much a strait joke.
Image
Blar
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:02 am

Postby Blar » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:30 am

Off subject, but does anyone have a problem with melee just getting facerolled to fizzures or any recommedations on how this can be fixed, lol. Maybe just not having fail melee?
Image
Blar
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:02 am

Postby Widdox » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:15 am

Blar wrote:Off subject, but does anyone have a problem with melee just getting facerolled to fizzures or any recommedations on how this can be fixed, lol. Maybe just not having fail melee?


On tenebron we had new melee with us during our sarth +2 and the first 3 attempts melee were dieing, once I yelled at them they were more aware and were fine. I think bascially once they realized they will get hit for 25k and die from the fissure they starting being less fail. Sometimes melee just assumes they will get healed through the dmg and stays in.
Image
Widdox
 
Posts: 350
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:33 am

Postby Worldie » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:46 am

Blar wrote:I wouldn't say people who use druids have crap healers. Reason why my guild uses a druid on Sarth is because it is more comfortable. I agree with you on the hp pool for the fire breaths and any tank can tank with the cds. It just feels like you have more breathing room for the healers after the worse of the breaths are gone. For my guild, we do not have a stable ret pally, nor can the warrior or dk come even close to my threat, so I have to specc HotC and tank the drakes which is pretty much a strait joke.

Look at it like this: Druids give more gauge for error. With a Paladin or Warrior, assuming he got the proper HP, you got minimal space for error. If he's not full before a breath, he'll die.
A Druid with his higher HP pool will have more chance to survive, even if he is actually taking more damage than a paladin or warrior.
Awesome healers are rare, i can agree with this.

But i don't care, i've done it and shown it was possible. Non believers can stick to bears :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13303
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Nalyn » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:52 am

Widdox wrote:
Blar wrote:Off subject, but does anyone have a problem with melee just getting facerolled to fizzures or any recommedations on how this can be fixed, lol. Maybe just not having fail melee?


On tenebron we had new melee with us during our sarth +2 and the first 3 attempts melee were dieing, once I yelled at them they were more aware and were fine. I think bascially once they realized they will get hit for 25k and die from the fissure they starting being less fail. Sometimes melee just assumes they will get healed through the dmg and stays in.


^^ This.

Get it through the melees, as well as the WHOLE raid's heads, that survival > DPS. There is no point in time on Sarth and friends where you should ever get that last swing, or that last spell off, before dodging a lava wave, or dodging a shadow circle. Losing a dps or a healer, for the rest of the fight hurts the raid FAR more, than any given person, or 3, missing out on one spell or swing.
Nalyn
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:49 pm

Postby Belloc » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:37 am

Blar wrote:Off subject, but does anyone have a problem with melee just getting facerolled to fizzures or any recommedations on how this can be fixed, lol. Maybe just not having fail melee?

There are some players that will just never learn, which is why my guild will not get Sarth3D down until well after we've gotten a ton of Ulduar25 gear. It's just so easy for dps to get tunnel vision.

I won't get too mad at a healer or tank for eating a void zone, but I cannot stand it when a DPS dies.
User avatar
Belloc
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:56 pm
Location: Silent Earth


Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests