Remove Advertisements

[25] Razuvious + Shadow Resist Aura = Fail

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25] Razuvious + Shadow Resist Aura = Fail

Postby majorwoo » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:57 am

I just wanted to stop in and tell everyone, the Paladin shadow resist aura will cause your priests Mind Controls to break early, over and over. This may result in multiple wipes and heated arguments about priests needing more hit rating, trying to position the raid other places, and concerns about priests being hit with jagged knife throw.

Note: Do not run shadow resist aura.
Despite all my rage, I am still just a Paladin Tank.
majorwoo

Postby Dokidoki » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:04 pm

how? if they're hostile they dont get the buff, if they're already friendly then its not going to break MC....

EDIT: or is it? I really dont know how CC checks are made or if its random. If anyone has a link I would appreciate it.
Dokidoki

Postby Sarutankah » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:07 pm

Known bug - now picture urself as an Undead Priest with Shadow resist up and the aura..

Making sure the MC priests clicked off shadow resist and there was no aura up made this fight easy compared to wipe after wipe from breaking mc's.
Sarutankah

Postby Marwan » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:44 am

Don't forget MoTW also ...
Marwan

Postby majorwoo » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:22 am

Mark of the wild doesn't cause a problem here - its the add who gets MC'd and turns friendly and then gains the Aura from the paladin and now starts resisting the MC and breaking it early. (The shadow resist on characters is fine - its when the MC'd mob gains it we have issues - (so if someone case shadow fort/mark on the mob after MC I guess that would break it too)

(For a known bug, I sure had a hard time finding anything on it while we were wiping to it back then)
Despite all my rage, I am still just a Paladin Tank.
majorwoo

Postby dmok » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:33 am

majorwoo wrote:Mark of the wild doesn't cause a problem here - its the add who gets MC'd and turns friendly and then gains the Aura from the paladin and now starts resisting the MC and breaking it early. (The shadow resist on characters is fine - its when the MC'd mob gains it we have issues - (so if someone case shadow fort/mark on the mob after MC I guess that would break it too)

(For a known bug, I sure had a hard time finding anything on it while we were wiping to it back then)

Incorrect.

The known bug is that the MC mob inherits your SR at the time of original MC. This includes resistances from gear, buffs and auras.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Zibey » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:55 am

dmok wrote:Incorrect.

The known bug is that the MC mob inherits your SR at the time of original MC. This includes resistances from gear, buffs and auras.

This.
Gniev - The Maelstrom EU
Zibey

Postby Jasari » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:52 am

As a side note, MotW, Shadow Protection, and Pally's Shadow Resist Aura do not stack.
Jasari

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon