Need UI addon suggestions

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Need UI addon suggestions

Postby Kalakaua » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:52 am

Up until now, the only addons I've used while tanking are omen and DBM. I'm just used to the default raid frames and I've had trouble adjusting to the look of UIs like Pitbull and Grid. However, now I've been given the job of add tanking on Sarth with multiple drakes, I've decided I really need to take my game to the next level. The only thing I'm looking for is something with an aggro indicator so I know who to cast RD on. Are there any UIs out there that look very close to the default raid frames (like CTUnitFrames before it was discontinued) or do I have to suck it up and just get used to looking at Grid?

Also, where can I find a good tutorial on using Pitbull and Grid? Those seem to be the most popular...
Kalakaua

Postby Neejo » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:38 am

If Pitbullis to hard for you, use AG-unitframes. They are pretty straightforward and easy to setup to a confortable setting.
On grid, use the comments/readme you can find on wow-cursegaming.
Once you get the hang on it you'll see it self-explaining
Ebann `Protection Paladin ` Shattered Hand - EU
Neejo

Postby Serelynn » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:11 am

Grid has an aggro indicator, it's very clean and simple. Just be sure you aren't going to taunt Sartharion or a drake accidentally.
Serelynn

Postby Gorlando » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:55 pm

Here is a tutorial on PitBull:
http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f120/40856-pitbull-video-tutorial.html

I found this very helpful for making your first changes to PitBull. Once you get used to it, you will find that you will be tinkering with setting all the time. :)
Gorlando

Postby Zx » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:46 pm

Grid can be set easily to display a colored box in one corner of a character's frame to say that they have aggro on target X. other functionality is built in and can also be user defined to denote if they have a specific debuff i.e. encapsulate for Felmyst.
"For no man lives long when his dreams are dead." - Gene Wolfe
Zx

Postby Arnock » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:21 pm

I actually really like xperl's raid frames, aggro is shown by a red box around the unitframe, magic is a light blue box, poison is green, disease yellow... etc
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros