Sarth Addon + Twighlight Torment

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Sarth Addon + Twighlight Torment

Postby Claydon » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:10 pm

Apologies if there is info on this elsewhere, I have looked but I have had a hard night of wiping on S3D.

closest we got was 8% on Shadron.

2 Things

Is there an addon that shouts at you when you are in a fissure. we are having people die in them too often.

secondly, I have been reading about a change to Twighlight torment. What exactly has changed?

Thanks
Claydon

Postby Huon » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:15 pm

I don't know any addons to tell you about fissures, but at the same time, you need to teach your team to be aware of their surroundings.

And twilight torment was simply buffed, and so it does more damage, and as far as I know, you cannot clear the debuff untill the Acolyte dies.
Huon

Postby Claydon » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:29 pm

We've had 2 nights of failing because people are getting caught in fissures, trying to make them understand is beyond my capabilties it would seem.

so just to get this right

twighlight torment cause you to damage yourself when you cause damage to an enemy (including peopleoutside the portal)?

this debuff is only active when vesperons acolyte is alive or the whole time vesp is alive?
Claydon

Postby Worldie » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:31 pm

You cannot know if you are in a void zone via addon cause there's no debuff on you and they aren't aimed at someone via cast.

The difference in Twilight torment is in its mechanic. Original TT was a debuff which would trigger on damage done, deal damage and disappear, and get reapplied every X seconds.
New TT is just a debuff that inflicts damage everytime you deal damage.
In both cases, TT was active until Vesperon acolyte dies.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Claydon » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:33 pm

Thanks for clearing that up.

much appreciated
Claydon

Postby Kelaan » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:35 pm

If you turn your spell effects display down far enough, the blue cylindrical vortexes around the Bad Places to Stand are very obvious. Down side is you can't see where your consecrate is.
Kelaan

Postby PsiVen » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:35 pm

...which is unacceptable, especially for other people who should be paying attention to that sort of thing if adds are on them. I don't really understand why people turn down their graphics for this fight, they just need to focus on where they are standing.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby knaughty » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:44 pm

Don't stand in spinning blue ring of death.

Have raid leaders install failbot.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Worldie » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:45 pm

PsiVen wrote:I don't really understand why people turn down their graphics for this fight, they just need to focus on where they are standing.

While i personally dont, in the zerg there between all the aoe and shit, with red void zones it was often very hard to spot them, expecially if there were mages AoEing and unholy DKs.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Claydon » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:19 am

Knaughty wrote:Don't stand in spinning blue ring of death.

Have raid leaders install failbot.

Yeh we have a failbot addon running, which is why this has come to my attention.

we have also told people to turn their spell detail down but whether they listen is another thing
Claydon

Postby Belarkan » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:46 am

Worldie wrote:
PsiVen wrote:I don't really understand why people turn down their graphics for this fight, they just need to focus on where they are standing.

While i personally dont, in the zerg there between all the aoe and shit, with red void zones it was often very hard to spot them, expecially if there were mages AoEing and unholy DKs.

Pretty much the same.
Some of us do lower their graphism and shout who's standing in the whatever its color is under all the spells, flames and dragons is.
Note that as the flames/dragons tank, I focus more on looking were the adds are, where the flame wall comes from and whether everything is under control rather than what's under my own feet.

Also I found baby's spices pretty nice to make sartharion smaller so that I have less focus / visibility issues due to the ][@\{|[{@_"é(à-_é[][\^é- wings.
Belarkan

Postby Samilyn » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:08 pm

There's no big secret to this. Your raid MUST look at their feet and move if a void spawns under them. It's a skill check your raid also needs for KT, and surely will be required in later instances. Does your raid also not stand in sparks at Malygos? If they can stand IN an AE, then can stand OUT of an AE.

Make sure you're properly motivating them. If your guild has the money, offer say 500g if they get caught in one zone over the whole night, and 2000g if they stand in zero. A cheaper thing would be to offer flasks or BIS food for performance. Once most people learn to do switch to charging people gold if they screw up.

On lowering spell detail, it serves both to reduce graphical lag (+) and make the zones more obvious, seeing that they are the only thing on the ground (+). I suppose it also makes consecrate invisible (-), which can be solved by remembering where you dropped it.
Samilyn

Postby Claydon » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:27 pm

Well after a lot of wipes we finally did it.

completely ignored the portals and just burnt Tene and Shadron down hard

did it with 5 healers

Claydon

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon