Hyjali trashs

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Hyjali trashs

Postby Worldie » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:43 pm

So we almost killed Kaelthas and we're probably going to MH this week or next one, so i would ask my fellow tankadins that already go there if they can give me any advice on how to menage those pulls, since everyone say that this is where we shine more.
Also i'd like a advice on what kind of gear using, i'm actually building up a dedicated set with high Block Value (700ish) and stam (13kish) with low parry and dodge and high block rating... is that right?
I've tried searching Hyjali Trashs on forum but brought up lots of messages so if there's one i've missed please link it to me :>
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Cakes » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:19 pm

The trash isn't particularly hard, but it might take the guild a few times through it to learn positioning. On waves with multiple aboms (like 6), have the tanks pick out which two they want to tank. The aboms usually come in pairs in 3 columns as they approach a gate, so have one tank take the far left, one take the center, one take the far right.

Necromancers are a real problem for tanks, as crowd control members of your raid can't be in front of you to sheep/sap/stun or they will get killed, and the necromancers will usually cast all on the same person, which usually results in a lot of damage taken all at once. Warriors can be of use here as they can spell reflect, but your objective is to get the necromancers and the other ground units seperated as fast as possible.

Infernals can also be a pain to tank because multiple infernals can stack debuffs on you fairly quickly and you'll take tons of damage. I usually spam cleanse in between holy shields and consecrates.

Fel stalkers are really easy, actually. They rarely seem to mana burn their main target. Ghouls and Crypt Fiends fall into this category as well, as they don't hit particularly hard and you make the most use out of your block value.

Banshees are a pain because of their shield, and I recommend just fearing one if you can. Gargoyles are also in this category because they don't hit very hard, and just chain cast if they aren't silenced and brought to the ground. Any unit can really tank these things. Frost wyrms we just have our ele shammy tank, I never deal with them.

Other than that, having 1-2 good hunters helps a lot, as they can kite a ligher unit (usually ghouls) around and get the NPCs involved in the fights.
Cakes

Postby Gerilith » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:01 pm

Looking at these stats I think you are on the right way depending on what you are tanking. If you have more than ~2 Abominations, tanking without mass AC/HP/Avoidance is dangerous because of "one hits" when you are knocked down (3 sec stun by a 3,xk hit). Having small mobs in addition is quite deadly.

I suggest tanking all small mobs (Ghouls, Nerubians, Fel Stalker) plus 1-2 Abos. Your gear will be perfectly fine for this task. The other tanks will have to pull the abos off you if there are too many of them as their primary task. Do not let them taunt small adds (at least ghouls) or it will screw up your manareg.

And beware: Necromancers are a pain in the ass. Never be the first one engaged by the wave if there are some of them.
Gerilith

Postby fiorina » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:24 pm

I would focus more on HP/spelldmg and less on massive shieldblock (around 400-500 is OK). Some Tier5 pieces, devilshark, neck from Netherstorm Q, some stamina trinkets, block rating/sta rings are examples of good starting gear for Hyjal.

Only two things could kill you there, Abominations and shadowbolts from necromancers, rest is just.. trash.

Abomination - don't try to tank more than 3 at once at the beginning. Your healers should get used to their spike dmg. Normally they hit for ~1300 but they do nasty knockback thingy = no dodge/parry which could result in nice 10k spike during 1 second. The better your gear will be and the more confident your healers become, the more abomis you can tank at once.

Necromancer - they do 3k shadowbolts every second. Imagine you've just got 10k spike from abomi and 3 shadowbolts are incoming. Bad. If shit hits the fan you have a Divine shield for a reason. Some hunter might die, but well, that's how food chain works :)

I would recommend you to use following strategy for Rage waves:
- wave 1-3 just spam Consecration on CD and tell mages to use arcane exlosions = 4000DPS
- wave 4-5 ask your protection warrior to stand in front of the raid(at gates) and spellreflect incoming shadowbolts. Pickup spiders and ghouls and do same as for wave 1-3
- wave 6, stay far away in front, use Consecration and run back. Initial tick will point mobs to you. Now priests have like 6 second to land shackes. You can ask warriors/druids to pick some abomis. You should end with 3 abomi and all ghouls on you close to the hill with ranged dwarfs and priests.
- wave 7 is the hardest. Burn bloodlusts. Same as above just there will be 4 necromances with 3k shadowbolts every second. Spellreflect, sheeps, interrupting. Start to gather mobs soon because you need single target DPS on necromancers and AoE abomi and ghouls before another wave come.
- wave 8 is easy as there are just 2 abomi and 2 necros, rest just AoE...

When we are farming Hyjal for rep/epaxes(with 15 people) I tank alone all 8 waves before Rage again and again, it's 100% doable, so be confident and make small steps (and tell whiners to stfu in case you do something wrong). Once on farm, they won't go Hyjal without you, believe me :)
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:16 pm

Thank for the advices, we gave MH a try after Kael, we got up to Rage Winterchill on 3rd attempt but with only 4 healers (1 didnt have Vashj vial, other got dc) it was an epic failure :)

I might use another advice, we are pulling one mob to Jaina to get her in combat with Trashs, is that right or just useless risking?

p.s. hearing our MT saying "oh damn with Worldi i feel useless here" was much more worth than any week spent on kael :D
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fiorina » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:04 pm

Worldie wrote:Thank for the advices, we gave MH a try after Kael, we got up to Rage Winterchill on 3rd attempt but with only 4 healers (1 didnt have Vashj vial, other got dc) it was an epic failure :)

I might use another advice, we are pulling one mob to Jaina to get her in combat with Trashs, is that right or just useless risking?

p.s. hearing our MT saying "oh damn with Worldi i feel useless here" was much more worth than any week spent on kael :D

Regarding Jaina, yes, it's nice to have her in combat due to spirit aura. For "easy" waves it's rather waste of time but why not.

She has tons of HP. During rep farming we intentionally leave area on 8th wave so Rage is fighting NPC's and Jaina alone. After 3 minutes Rage is on 80% and Jaina still alive with 20% HP, so don't worry about her too much :)

And for warriors, they are not useless there but for once they are not "in the spotlight" or "at the top of foodchain" so it's a new feeling for them. But they are happy they can go half-AFK, because tanking waves with warr is really annoying job. Our warriors cleared Hyjal without prot pala, they said it's as enjoyable as castration by hot metal. So now they will never ever ever go there without one :)

Rage with 4 healers is doable IMHO. Try this gimmick:
- after 8 wave, clear the area, just go far away and let NPC's fight him. He is using just melee on them, no frostbolts and there is no death and decay either.
- swap to your healing gear once OOC, boom, 5 healers :)
- Jaina will enter fight sooner or later, at 50% of her HP just go there and let tank get aggro (pretty easy).
- Rage should be on 80% now
- let everyone equip PvP insignia, bind it to a button in the center of their UI and click it once trapped in icebock = 0 DoT damage
- let healers use /assist Rage /cast big heal macro for healing persons targeted by iceblock more than once
- Nuke him very hard, this is not healing intensive fight if some measures are taken and DPS is good.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby enbee » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:54 am

For everything in alliance base I do pretty much the same, hunter does a freezing trap (the eyekilling slowing thing), AFTER the mobs trigger the freezing trap I run a bit forward and do holy wrath and hit holy shield and run a bit back, then stop and hit consecrate, an elemental shaman usually pulls out a ghoul and gets jaina, I taunt it back after she's aggro'd. Have the other tanks pick up loose crap and take off as many aboms as possible, if you get a kb with everything on you, a good idea would be to bubble and cancel bubble quickly to clear it, you can get a huge amount of burst if you're tanking alot of crap, on waves where you tank alot of ghouls and fiends.. don't remember if there's a wave like that in alliance base.. don't tank any aboms, this can end in tears.
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Worldie » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:38 am

Theres a wave with like 4 aboms and rest are ghouls, for that one i'm tanking 1 abom and all the ghouls, and the 2 warriors + the feral druid taunt one abom off me.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:51 am

Worldie wrote:Theres a wave with like 4 aboms and rest are ghouls, for that one i'm tanking 1 abom and all the ghouls, and the 2 warriors + the feral druid taunt one abom off me.

For the abom waves especially, it's very helpful to have hunters take 1 or 2 of them and kite them around to pick up npc's, takes some strain off the tanks and dps both.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Jeslena » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:21 am

Usually on easy waves with very few aboms or none at all I just let the warriors run in first then drop a holy wrath. Just make sure your healers are ready and the other tanks are ready to taunt their mobs back. Also as a paladin you can't taunt off the npc since righteous defense is a spell casted on the NPC not the invading scourge. More NPCs you have up near the end the easier the boss is most of the time, but the NPCs will do more threat then you can do AE threat so either they need to me taunted off of or DPS needs to kill everything before the NPC dies.
Jeslena

Postby Lansky » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:25 am

Worldie wrote:Theres a wave with like 4 aboms and rest are ghouls, for that one i'm tanking 1 abom and all the ghouls, and the 2 warriors + the feral druid taunt one abom off me.

Any prot warrior or feral druid can maintain high enough threat on 2 mobs to allow them to be AE'd along with everything else. Sure tanking one Abom and all the other stuff is usually fine, but... after farming Hyjal for a while now and effectively out gearing it, it was not beyond us to wipe during Winterchill trash when I was stunned and received somewhere in the neighborhood of 14k damage during the duration. If it all possible I'd advise never to have an Abom on you. This is not saying it is impossible, but in a game owned by the RNG I like to try and keep it on my side whenever possible.
Lansky

Postby onacouch » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:01 pm

We had someone ninja-start the event, so I ran up to the gate and grabbed everything I could. With only like half the raid there and it being our first time there we only got to like wave 3-4.

But as for the waves...

Abominations can be a bitch as they knockdown. Make sure on waves with aboms to have a hunter kite one to pick up NPCs on one side, and have a tank do the same with another side (or another hunter, we only have one riaiding hunter currently >.>).

On a wave with more than 2 shadowy necromancers... have a warrior pop blood rage (If he has 0 rage he needs improved blood rage to have enough rage to spell reflect) Have him stand right in front of you, as soon as necros start casting you drop consecrate in the doorway as he pops spell reflect, then you both run back to the rest of the raid. Every bolt he reflects back is 3k damage, which is a ton of threat. if the warrior keeps spell reflect up he will end up tanking those bad boys. with your initial consecration down in the doorway everything else that runs over it will be aggroed to you.

Lately our raids have been starting AoE too early, it's good practice to have everyone focus fire one mob down, and once he's dead AoE should be good to go.

'Grats on Kael, and have a blast in Hyjal!

Oh, and when you get to the horde camp, try to make sure you're in range for all loot drops... I had the Hammer of Judgement drop a few nights ago but I was out of range to get a loot window... :(
onacouch

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:34 am

We took down Winterchill, anyone can give some advice for waves after him? :)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Marle » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:22 am

I'm in the same boat :)

We tried some more trash, but we only had 20 people in the raid. It seemed like more of the same apart from the banshee mobs. They have a really annoying spell immunity shield they can cast to screw up your threat.
Marle

Postby fiorina » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:12 pm

Worldie wrote:We took down Winterchill, anyone can give some advice for waves after him? :)

For adds in human village there is no change or gimmick for paladin. It's the same as with Rage waves for you. Easy with abomis, don't eat shadowbolts and tank everything that moves.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Mt. Hyjal