[10/25] Sartharion +3 Fire Resist Theroycrafting...

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Loras » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:21 am

elfjorc wrote:
fafhrd wrote:I thought MotW resist didn't stack with Aura?

<- noob

Not so noob apparently, since it doesn't

Ah damn, now all my theory is screwed. I hate you :P
Loras

Postby Dokidoki » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:44 pm

can someone explain to me how people are getting 50k hp on a prot warrior or pally when people with full best in slot(in terms of stam) are topping at 33k unbuffed (pallys).
Dokidoki

Postby Salamandra » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:23 am

Dokidoki wrote:can someone explain to me how people are getting 50k hp on a prot warrior or pally when people with full best in slot(in terms of stam) are topping at 33k unbuffed (pallys).

I guess if you wear a bunch of pvp gear, which has more stamina and crit reduction than tank gear, as well as frost resist gear?
Salamandra

Postby majiben » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:08 am

I've created a mixed tank and ret pvp set that has just under 38k hp unbuffed and is uncrittable.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Loras » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:55 am

Majiben wrote:I've created a mixed tank and ret pvp set that has just under 38k hp unbuffed and is uncrittable.

Chardev?
Loras

Postby majiben » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:45 pm

They wanted me to register to save sets and I CBA. I'm sure similar sets could also be developed. I may have also used the FR gear for more HP.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Joacimcans » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:46 am

yeah if joanadark could be so kind as to post a chardev of how the hell a warrior/paladin can break 50K i would love it because to be honest i rerolled BS/JC for max stam and the best i can pull off is 34.4k This is in actual tank gear so i am guessing there is some trick like using alot of Frost resist gear maybe some pvp gear, but then i am not sure how you would get to uncritable.
Joacimcans

Postby Grizwold » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:15 pm

yea its mostly frost+pvp, and JC helps it alot. One thing that i've seen ALOT of people saying, is that they are using resilience to become uncrittable. I was under the impression that back in 3.0 when they explicitly said that resilience wouldnt help against pve targets, they meant that the crit reduction etc, would have no effect. Did they undo this change? or was i misinterpreting the patch notes?
Grizwold

Postby Belloc » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:19 pm

Grizwold wrote:yea its mostly frost+pvp, and JC helps it alot. One thing that i've seen ALOT of people saying, is that they are using resilience to become uncrittable. I was under the impression that back in 3.0 when they explicitly said that resilience wouldnt help against pve targets, they meant that the crit reduction etc, would have no effect. Did they undo this change? or was i misinterpreting the patch notes?

Blizzard never said that. The community started a rumor, but Blizzard never had any part in it. You should find no mention of such a change in any note.

It never happened.
Belloc

Postby Joacimcans » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:17 pm

quck someone make a chardev so i can see how it is possible to attain this amount of HP. max i have gotten is 44k raid buffed so that means i need to come up with 600stam somewhere.
Joacimcans

Postby Joacimcans » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:33 pm

So i made a couple of chardevs and i can get nowhere near 50k.

Warrior
http://www.chardev.org/?template=132837

Paladin
http://www.chardev.org/?template=137428

On a side note OMG warriors even with thier guns still don't win out in HP at this level.

Also these numbers would be maybe 1000-2000 higher depending on if chardev uses improved buffs for commanding/fort/mark of the wild.

Unless i am way off mark with this gear all i did was find the highest stam pieces for each slot socket stam in all the gem slots doing this with resil kept me crit immune. On a side note this gear leaves you with terrible tanking stats, so if this is indeed what people in joanadark's guild wear while tanking sarth i would be very interested in seeing a kill video by them.
Joacimcans

Postby earanduin » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:21 am

I want to preface this post with the fact that I have yet to achieve a successful downing of 25-S3D. I went through the process of gearing myself as the Sarth tank given that our Druid tank has moved on to greener pastures and we lack a DK tank.

It is to my understanding that at a FR of 219, the minimum amount resistable is 20%, with an average of 30% resist overall. To achieve that level, I crafted the BS Helm, bought another platinum cape for 25 valor badges, and use a lesser flask of resistance - these provide 25 + 20 + 50 FR, bringing me to a total of 225 FR reaching the desired plateau. This also leaves me with 34.2k hp unbuffed (I believe 32.5k with vesperon's aura and raid buffed).

I believe this translated to improved survivability overall, despite leaving myself 0.8% crittable. Always resisting at least 20% fire damage was pretty nice. The cost to hp was small - about 500hp loss from FR helm enchant + hp flask. I could have added another stam trinket to replace the 84def trinket to bring me up even further hp-wise, but i dont think it is neededas what I find makes the biggest impact on survivability is having a priest cast a shield on Sarth's breath cast - huge impact and brings you nicely into Ardent Defender range while both Shadron and his acolyte are up.
earanduin

Postby Belloc » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:54 am

Joacimcans wrote:So i made a couple of chardevs and i can get nowhere near 50k.

Warrior
http://www.chardev.org/?template=132837

Paladin
http://www.chardev.org/?template=137428

On a side note OMG warriors even with thier guns still don't win out in HP at this level.

Also these numbers would be maybe 1000-2000 higher depending on if chardev uses improved buffs for commanding/fort/mark of the wild.

Unless i am way off mark with this gear all i did was find the highest stam pieces for each slot socket stam in all the gem slots doing this with resil kept me crit immune. On a side note this gear leaves you with terrible tanking stats, so if this is indeed what people in joanadark's guild wear while tanking sarth i would be very interested in seeing a kill video by them.

I recommend not worrying about getting that much health. You don't need 50k health to MT Sarth 3D.
Belloc

Previous

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon