Remove Advertisements

[H] Old Kingdom achievements

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Frickit » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:34 am

(you can complete it in a raid group)

really? so i can make it a raid and have locks ss us that arent in the fight?
Frickit

Postby Frickit » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:35 am

Hiroko wrote:Did some of these last night.

Group setup:
prot pally
feral druid
disc priest
rogue
warlock

Respect your Elders:
The room before the bosses room is reaonably large.
The druid tanked the boss in the right hand corner as you enter that room.
Priest was with him healing the group.
I was in the boss's room picking up the guardians as they spawned - only damage i was taking was from the poison and SoL/JoL could keep up with that (~1500bv before libram, block capped).
I only had to grab 2 guardians, boss was dead by then - was close tho as the priest aggroed some of the little adds that are also immune when near to the guardian and killed him. Druid was able to stay up long enough to finish off the boss tho.

Took us 3 attempts to get the positioning right.

Volunteer Work:
Pretty easy altho we made hard work of it.
Me tanking this time, feral dpsing.
Let her sacrifice the volunteers and make good use of trinkets/divine protection.
Both rogue and druid got killed by one of the early whirlwind moves - priest, warlock and I finished her off from about 40%

Did this one on the first try with a new crit LoH record of 82k :)

Volazj's Quick Demise:
Didn't manage this one - disc priest was a nightmare to kill - so we ended up at about 3 mins. Might have to try DI or summoning tricks to get it, would rather not though.

Didn't try the last aschievement as we didn;t want to kick someone from the party just to get it - silly idea

ty for this post we were able to do respect your elders with this positioning...we had a fury warrior tank lawl...i did guardians...we got 3 total.

we oneshotted volazj in like a minute 59 seconds. group up and burn. two insanities and we still got it. I had trouble killing the holy priest the second time but we had two rogues and a fury warrior that just nuked everything.

and how can you resist choosing someone and saying the party is over for you /kick...fun stuff
Frickit

Postby Threatco » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:15 am

I think im going to try this.

Volazj quick demise is made easymode if you have 2 paladins. Either a lock + druid or 2 locks in a raid to throw soulstones. One paladin Di's the healer during the first insanity, dps burns the two, he reses up. Second insanity the other paladin DI's the healer again, reses up after the cast is finished again.
Voila, more than a minute left on the 2 minute timer (you can complete it in a raid group)

And make sure my healer is not heal specced.

And make sure everyone switches to fishingpole back to normal sword for insanity.

5th will be a shaman just to be fing sure.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Malthrax » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:41 am

Threatco wrote:I think im going to try this.

Volazj quick demise is made easymode if you have 2 paladins. Either a lock + druid or 2 locks in a raid to throw soulstones. One paladin Di's the healer during the first insanity, dps burns the two, he reses up. Second insanity the other paladin DI's the healer again, reses up after the cast is finished again.
Voila, more than a minute left on the 2 minute timer (you can complete it in a raid group)

And make sure my healer is not heal specced.

And make sure everyone switches to fishingpole back to normal sword for insanity.

5th will be a shaman just to be fing sure.

Going with this trick, your healer can be full-spec'd healing. Using Divine Intervention before each insanity phase takes the healer out of the fight completely, so you never have to fight a healer clone. Also, taking the healer out of combat should allow him to break DI and rez the fallen paladin during the insanity.
Malthrax

Postby Frickit » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:50 pm

have done it two nights in a row now with different people and we were able to one shot it with straight dps he goes down just after the second insanity, make sure everyone is grouped up for it. if you dont have the dps maybe you shouldnt have the protodrake ;)

but id be interested to know how the di/ss/weponless/nonspecced healer thing goes.
Last edited by Frickit on Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Frickit

Postby Kelaan » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:31 am

Malthrax wrote:Also, taking the healer out of combat should allow him to break DI and rez the fallen paladin during the insanity.

So, the boss doesn't pulse them back into combat? Interesting.
Kelaan

Postby Frickit » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:11 am

Kelaan wrote:
Malthrax wrote:Also, taking the healer out of combat should allow him to break DI and rez the fallen paladin during the insanity.

So, the boss doesn't pulse them back into combat? Interesting.

you can do that but you cant LoS a cast? /confused
Frickit

Postby Akairos » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:24 am

I find the best healer for Quick demise is an elemental shaman

my group comp was
Prot pally
Spriest
spriest
Affliction Warlock
Elemental Shaman

we lusted as soon as I threw avenger shield, burned him as fast as possible.
here is the thing though, if your spriests and lock are good enough, their DoT's will be ticking on the boss while he is untargetableand a second set of adds will most likely spawn, however, priests can MC their adds, instantly killing them, PW:S removes push back, takes them few seconds to kill their adds, then elemental shamans are easy, when insanity is over kill him, double adds is a tad annoying though.

For the first boss achievement, pull the boss to the bottom of the stairs you entered the area in, looking over at the spot where the second boss is, tank guardians where boss starts or in door frame, these adds are very weak hitting. His enrage is a berserker enrage meaning that unless you are a DK or the luckiest person alive you will die!

cult chick is tank and spank, have melee stay away from here till she casts whirlwind, she is disarmable, this reduces her damage significantly.
The subtle tongue, the decieving guile,
they fail when the broadswords sing
Come in an die dogs...I was a man before I was king!
Maintankadin of <Inconceivable>
Akairos

Postby Mozen » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:55 pm

Frickit wrote:have done it two nights in a row now with different people and we were able to one shot it with straight dps he goes down just after the second enrage, make sure everyone is grouped up for insanity. if you dont have the dps maybe you shouldnt have the protodrake ;)

What dps are you referring to here?

Are you referring to the damage dealers, in that they should be able to finish off their fight quickly and come to help you and the healer?

Or are you referring to your own dps, in that you have absolutely no trouble finishing off your healer and three dps images?

Or, are you just saying skip the second frenzy by having the boss down while still casting frenzy?

Last time I did it with a holy priest, I couldn't kill anyone. Group consisted of Holy Priest, Affliction Warlock, some sort of Ice Mage, and an Enhancement Shaman. I used all my cooldowns just to survive the first frenzy. :cry:
Mozen

Postby Frickit » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:34 am

im 50/50 with killing the healer. i can usually get down the rogues and by then the party is coming to help or i kill the priest with some luck and the rest go down easy. save your stun and wings for the first insanity.

even the attempts that we go a little slow on adds we still kill him in plenty of time. if you have 25 man gear. if you dont then good luck with the tricks that you have at your disposal.
Frickit

Previous

Return to General Strats