Remove Advertisements

Glory of the Hero

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Elsie » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:00 am

Loras wrote:Question for Make It Count:

We're doing this 1 red 2 ambers 2 greens. Really can't see the use of 2 reds, as adds die from the chain fire within 3 sec anyway. BUT - what we had most problems with - drakes disappearing from inventory on death.
Now... Some people report having them AFTER a res. During one of my runs a mage died, we CR-ed him and the drake disappeared. Now, can anyone say for SURE (101%) when and why the drake disappears from your inventory and when and why it stays? Would save a lot of time after those accidental deaths during bosses...

to chain fire the boss not the adds. Green drakes are completely unnecessary and, in fact, are bad for this fight in terms of DPS.
Elsie

Postby Vanifae » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:59 pm

Completed.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Playdoh » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:46 pm

I only have make it count.
Playdoh
Maintankadonor

Postby Loras » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:25 am

Elsie wrote:
Loras wrote:Question for Make It Count:

We're doing this 1 red 2 ambers 2 greens. Really can't see the use of 2 reds, as adds die from the chain fire within 3 sec anyway. BUT - what we had most problems with - drakes disappearing from inventory on death.
Now... Some people report having them AFTER a res. During one of my runs a mage died, we CR-ed him and the drake disappeared. Now, can anyone say for SURE (101%) when and why the drake disappears from your inventory and when and why it stays? Would save a lot of time after those accidental deaths during bosses...

to chain fire the boss not the adds. Green drakes are completely unnecessary and, in fact, are bad for this fight in terms of DPS.

Well, 2 greens might be too much, but we'd rather have some backup healing. And no way you can convince me that 1 red can deal more dps than 1 amber on the fight. That's why I tend to believe 1 red 1 green 3 ambers is best.
Loras

Postby Playdoh » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:55 am

It's not that the red can do more dps, it's that the additional red can hit multiple targets at the same time, eliminating the magic damage of the adds very quickly.

I like the 2 red, 2 amber, 1 green strat. With the ambers actually channeling more than trying to all out dps.

When the ambers channel it boosts the red drakes dps, so the adds are almost one shot by the 2nd red drake. When the red drakes hit the targets it boosts the ambers dps when they do dps.

that leaves 3 fully concentrated dps on the boss.
Playdoh
Maintankadonor

Postby kensanity » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:19 pm

In terms of speed, amber drakes are by far the fastest. Granted ruby drakes are very powerful in that the more mobs are around, the more damage their attack does but even having only TWO amber drakes chaining their channeled ability does insane amounts of damage. one channel, at 10 stackhave other start channeling, original break, then start channeling, second break, then start channeling, etc.

gets crazier with even more ambers but of course vent is sometimes needed to account for some server lag or what not.
kensanity

Postby Threatco » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:40 pm

Coordinating time stops, yes obvious.

But why do amber drakes have to coordinate theirs channeling?

It seemed like when amber drake, you stake up to 10, do one normal shot and it does massive dmaage, then you channel back to 10.

I did notice sometimes either my stack got to 10 faster, or stayed at a high number after my big shot. So I assume I am just missing how the cooperation works.

Can you please explain in some more detail?
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Worldie » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:55 pm

The channeling generates 1 charge every ~10k damage done. If you use the main nuke it while 4 other people are channeling, you hit for ~100k, generating istantly 10 stacks for those 4. Now, when the switch happens, the 4 people istantly hit for 2-300k damage, the channeling person generates istantly 10 stacks. They switch, so with one nuke from him he generates istantly 10 stacks.

The coordination is needed so it's necesary only one nuke to generate 10 stacks for everyone.
A attacking, BCDE channeling
A hits for 100k
BCDE gain 10 shock charges
A channeling, BCDE attacking
BCDE fire a 300k nuke each
A gains 10 shock charges
A attacking, BCDE channeling
A hits for 100k
BCDE gain 10 shock charges
A channeling, BCDE attacking
BCDE fire a 300k nuke each
A gains 10 shock charges
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Invisusira » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:03 pm

Basically, as soon as the "off" drake sees 4 channeling beams, they lance and then channel. As soon as the 4 other drakes see the off drake channeling, they lance and then channel. Repeat until death. Have a different drake be the "off" drake after he phases back in from stage 2.

Also, a note on time stop - have a rotation set up, but don't chain it instantly. Wait for 10-15 seconds after the previous time stop wears off or you'll get diminishing returns.
Invisusira

Postby Threatco » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:18 pm

why does A do only 100k damage and the others 300k.

And at the start does A have to do it with a bunch of normal attacks that add up to 100k to get BCDE 10 stacks?
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Seloei » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:57 am

With 10 stacks and someone channeling the rift, the drake takes 150-170k from each. Atleast... thats what i saw. Maybe we didn't do it right.

Also, it's much much more safer to go with 3-2 ambers, because he likes to burst down the solo one, in the 4/1 strat.

And you should use 3 timestops in row at the start. First channeler starts channeling, gets 4/5 stacks calls out for the others to start channeling, timestops (~6-8s into the fight, first set of adds come at 10s). Then he has 10 stacks, blows it when he sees the 3 / 4 channels and the rotation starts

channel -> lance -> channel -> lance. If noone messes it up they will always have max charges and the boss will be in the 60% banish in ~15-20s.

Oh, you use 3 timestops because the first one stops him for 10s, the second for 5s and the last for 2s. But thats enough for him to hit the banish phase so that no whelps spawn. If you have whelps out in banish phase, you mightaswell wipe or you can try to kill off the whelps.
Seloei

Postby majorwoo » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:12 am

I still have my 20 Min Occy to do for my mount (my last one for 2 weeks now, no one wants to go), is the general consensus I have to teach people 5 yellows to do it?
Despite all my rage, I am still just a Paladin Tank.
majorwoo

Postby Loras » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:51 am

Not at all. Been running this with the same crew of 2 dps rogues and me tanking, they called a discipline priest healer and a mage, their friends. Setup was 1 red (me), 2green, 2 amber. We reached Eregos with like 6-7 min left on the timer. The thing is really not to wipe and to choose the optimal route. For us this was - after 1st boss we fly to the middle ring platform, clear it all, then fly to the 2 small platforms left and right, then boss. So yeah, smart players, no deaths, good route with minimum drakes engaged on the way and then you just need to have the group who can 1-shot eregos.
Loras

Postby Frickit » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:55 am

finally got lessrabi. the strat invis posted for the amber drakes worked awesome. just need make it count now.
Frickit

Previous

Return to General Strats