Remove Advertisements

[H] Gundrak - Less-Rabi Achievement

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Aubade » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:57 am

Elsie wrote:
Aubade wrote:
Worldie wrote:
Panzerdin wrote:The best thing to do is take a mage for the irritatingly long CS lockdown, and hope you interrupt one while beating the crap out of it.

The kind of kick you use has no effect on the cooldown of the skill.

Hmm i think he meant a mage specced into imp CS for the 3 second silence regardless of interuppt or not. i'm not sure if this would work though.

Interesting thread, I hope to be trying this achievement soon (next 2-3 days) since i'm only about 3 "hard" achievements away from my drake. (hard being Less-rabi, 20 Min Occulus, emerald void, and 1 other can't remember >.<)

immune to silence

Good thing to know =]

Hope i can get this done with my achievement group.

Comp looks something like this.

Prot paladin (me)
Afflic Warlock
Holy Paladin
Rogue
optional DPS (gonna try to get Enhance Shaman or ele Shaman.)

Gah now i'm all worried =[
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby tadaka » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:06 am

I have come up with a new theory I hope to try out.

Basic I idea is get a shaman with 5 second shock spells.

Have the shaman start the fight with shock and taunt the mob off. Have the shaman do nothing but spam shock the entire fight. In theory it should work like this.

1st cast fight starts.

2nd cast is at 5 seconds and does nothing.

3rd hits the 10 second cast of the boss.

4th does nothing.

5th hits the 20 second cast.

6th nothing

7th 30 second

8-1,000,000 happens every 5 seconds.

In theory this should have the timeing perfect. In practice on the outher hand who knows. Any way any one see a major issue with this plan?
tadaka

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:56 am

I see a problem on a Miss and on latency.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Zironic » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:03 am

Like most bosses he probably doesn't cast exactly when the cooldown is off.
Zironic

Postby tadaka » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:19 am

Any time to need to do this achievement you will run in to issues with lag or just player issues. Being as this is going to be an issue with any timed interrupt plan I don’t see this as a special issue with this method. I don’t think this will be a guaranteed one shot but I think it has merit.

From all the information I have looked at this guys spell goes off like clockwork but only a good test of this will find out for sure.
tadaka

Postby Threatco » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:28 am

My shaman tried to say that interrupting him at 40 seconds is impossible because the transform is instant, and that it is basicly a dps race to kill him before 40 seconds.

Can someone confirm this is not true? I assume he was just missing the timing with stop watch as it was the 40 sec transform that got us every time.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:33 am

The speed of transformations is not time based, it's hp based, he gains 1% haste every 1% hp.

p.s. moved to appropriate section
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Threatco » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:52 am

Every transform can be interrupted. You could drag it as long as you wanted if you chose to, right?
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Elsie » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:16 am

Threatco wrote:Every transform can be interrupted. You could drag it as long as you wanted if you chose to, right?

Barring you could interrupt him quickly enough at a low percent. If Worldi is correct, 1% hp = 99% haste. That would be impossible to interrupt sometimes due to lag.
Elsie

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:37 pm

Basically when under 40% you are getting < 1 second casts. Below 30% we're at like 0.5 second casts, i don't know any human who actually can kick that reactionwise.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby phaqueue » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:19 pm

Worldie wrote:Basically when under 40% you are getting < 1 second casts. Below 30% we're at like 0.5 second casts, i don't know any human who actually can kick that reactionwise.

doesn't matter if a human being can react fast enough - with 1 sec or less cast time - server lag won't allow you to interrupt if you do it reactively - you have to basically spam interrupt and hope your timing works correctly to interrupt the 1sec and less casts
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Postby tadaka » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:13 pm

Well trying to use a 5 second cd for the shock did not work. The issue with it seemed to be that the mob aoe stun would get in the way.

I don’t know if I just suck and can’t find a group that can pull this off but this achievement completely sucks. This achievement seams so out of wack with the difficulty of the rest of the achievements. I talked to 4 people on my server tonight that only needed this one more and could not pull it off.
tadaka

Postby fafhrd » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:40 am

phaqueue wrote:
Worldie wrote:Basically when under 40% you are getting < 1 second casts. Below 30% we're at like 0.5 second casts, i don't know any human who actually can kick that reactionwise.

doesn't matter if a human being can react fast enough - with 1 sec or less cast time - server lag won't allow you to interrupt if you do it reactively - you have to basically spam interrupt and hope your timing works correctly to interrupt the 1sec and less casts

how bad a connection do you play over o.O

with 50-60ms latency, a 1s cast is perfectly interruptable given perfect reflexes, at worst you'd get the interrupt off 0.12 seconds into the cast.

Human reaction time is still the limiting factor.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Levantine » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:49 am

Fuck you Americans and your 50ms latency. Us Australians play with 400 on a good day. This achievement is disproportionately hard for Oceanic players, tbh.
Levantine

Postby Worldie » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:42 am

tadaka wrote:I don’t know if I just suck and can’t find a group that can pull this off but this achievement completely sucks. This achievement seams so out of wack with the difficulty of the rest of the achievements. I talked to 4 people on my server tonight that only needed this one more and could not pull it off.

I have a dejavu with Gotta Go.

p.s. get the shaman to get a pvp trinket and use it if he gets stunned when he needs to kick.

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats