Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Threatco » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:19 am

Prot Paladin.
Healing Priest.
Warlock.
Shaman.

1. Warlock Soul stones the paladin.
2. DI the priest during first insanity cast.
3. Soul stone rez
4. Blood lust the second insanity
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby warden » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:12 pm

Assuming a well geared group, which I imagine most people going for this achievement are, you could use something that my group does when running heroics. Our resident multi-role pally (respecs a LOT) has a pretty good FoL 5 man healing spec that's very deep in the ret tree (40+ points?), obviously not very raid viable, but allowing him to heal and pull between 1500 and 2k dps at the same time in 5 mans. The healing isn't great, but its more than enough to keep me up, and seems ideal for this specific achievement. I'll see if I can get a list of what he picks up in the spec.
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby Kroda » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:45 pm

Warden wrote:Assuming a well geared group, which I imagine most people going for this achievement are, you could use something that my group does when running heroics. Our resident multi-role pally (respecs a LOT) has a pretty good FoL 5 man healing spec that's very deep in the ret tree (40+ points?), obviously not very raid viable, but allowing him to heal and pull between 1500 and 2k dps at the same time in 5 mans. The healing isn't great, but its more than enough to keep me up, and seems ideal for this specific achievement. I'll see if I can get a list of what he picks up in the spec.

I'd like to see that spec
Kroda

Postby Cearn » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:28 am

Kroda wrote:
Warden wrote:Assuming a well geared group, which I imagine most people going for this achievement are, you could use something that my group does when running heroics. Our resident multi-role pally (respecs a LOT) has a pretty good FoL 5 man healing spec that's very deep in the ret tree (40+ points?), obviously not very raid viable, but allowing him to heal and pull between 1500 and 2k dps at the same time in 5 mans. The healing isn't great, but its more than enough to keep me up, and seems ideal for this specific achievement. I'll see if I can get a list of what he picks up in the spec.

I'd like to see that spec

I ran some non-heroics with this spec
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sxA0xZZVf0xbIucMsgzAo

with proper gear one might be able to heal heroics with this spec.
Cearn

Postby Seloei » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:17 am

Alicianna wrote:As far as I can see there is basicaly two ways to handle that achievement:
2) A good group composition: A surefire way is to bring 2 Paladins (Tankadin+Healadin being the best combo, but any combo will do), 2 Warlocks (or one Lock and an extra Soulstone) and some toons to fill up that group (a Shaman will fit in nicely).

Soulstone both Pallys and engage the boss. As soon as he starts casting insanity one Paladin Sacrifices himself for the healer (putting himself and the healer out of combat). The remaining 3 people only have to burn down 2 images instead of 4). Meanwhile the pally will accept his Soulstone resurrection an the healer skips his bubble. At the second insanity the other Pally sacrifices for the healer - or if he ist the healer himself for some DD.

Also, this can work within a "raid' when you bring 2 locks outside of the group, even if they are lvl70 and they soulstone the paladins. It's abusing the "game mechanics" but it works. A instance can only have 5 in there and the achievement doesn't look (yet) if your in a raid or not

Best group makeup would be 2x paladins, lock, druid (healer) and a random dps if you don't want to bug it, for a 100% sure achievement
Seloei

Postby Valynus » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:56 am

After lots of wipes, tears and blood it looks like my group and me were able to find our particular workaround in the Herald.

Got into success the three last tries, in multiple parties by doing the following (Diverse party makeups with just me, the Tankadin as static factor). As you could have noticed, the Insanity is off for your party members by either getting the ghosts killed or when some time is up (perhaps 2-3 minutes or so?) so the idea is to avoid the party getting exhaust on hp/mp after each Insanity if it happens the healer resisting all attempts on killing him (as occurred multiple times to us with our Resto Druid). Steps:

- Get your melee (in any) mates bring a fishpole (the regular one, not the Kaluak epic!).

- Sacrifice one of the DPS (Besides the Insanity, the boss is easily doable with just two of them).

- When the Herald is casting the Insanity get your Melee equip their fishingpoles! Those will remain equipped in the ghosts, substantially decreasing their dps. Of course Melee should equip inmediatly their standard weapons when the Insanity us up.

Now you fight the three remaining people in the party: Kill if possible or resist.

We've found atm this method infallible as even when neither of us have been able to kill the healer, the Insanity is down without having exhausted the party.
Valynus

Postby phaqueue » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:22 am

Valynus wrote:After lots of wipes, tears and blood it looks like my group and me were able to find our particular workaround in the Herald.

Got into success the three last tries, in multiple parties by doing the following (Diverse party makeups with just me, the Tankadin as static factor). As you could have noticed, the Insanity is off for your party members by either getting the ghosts killed or when some time is up (perhaps 2-3 minutes or so?) so the idea is to avoid the party getting exhaust on hp/mp after each Insanity if it happens the healer resisting all attempts on killing him (as occurred multiple times to us with our Resto Druid). Steps:

- Get your melee (in any) mates bring a fishpole (the regular one, not the Kaluak epic!).

- Sacrifice one of the DPS (Besides the Insanity, the boss is easily doable with just two of them).

- When the Herald is casting the Insanity get your Melee equip their fishingpoles! Those will remain equipped in the ghosts, substantially decreasing their dps. Of course Melee should equip inmediatly their standard weapons when the Insanity us up.

Now you fight the three remaining people in the party: Kill if possible or resist.

We've found atm this method infallible as even when neither of us have been able to kill the healer, the Insanity is down without having exhausted the party.

great ideas here for the boss... but not quite the point of the thread...

we're discussing how to kill the boss in under 2 minutes to get the achivement... a little tougher than just surviving the insanitys...

on a side note - had the perfect group to try the workaround... but the healer didn't have time :(
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Postby Valynus » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:19 am

Realized this just after posting :(

I've left it for possible helpful reference, though... This is no doubt one of the worst pug-based boss fights in HC ever... each group composition is a completely different dimension as to find out a infallible universal solution :P
Valynus

Postby Chunes » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:01 am

We got this last night with the following comp:

Prot Pally
TG warrior
Spriest
Boomkin Druid
Resto Druid

Our strat basically consisted of DPS him medium pace until he nears 66%, then blow cooldowns while he is casting insanity. The rationale being that we would hopefully drop him to the next insanity cast (or close to it) while we were still in insanity.

Our first couple tries we lacked the DPS to drop him far enough, but finally we got enough damage done to him that he cast insanity, then dots pushed him past his second insanity, so we had 2 sets of shadow adds spawn on us.

Everyone minus the Spriest was able to survive and when we exited insanity the boss was just under 33%. We burned him down with about 3 seconds to spare.

and there was much rejoicing.
Chunes

Postby Avengeance » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:11 pm

I did this without bugging or anything back in 3.03 i think - no insanity skips no BL.

Prot Pally
BM hunter (back then)
Retadin
DK
Holy Pally.

Key is to nuke insanity phase fast enough with melee aoe, before insanity is casted we make sure we are hugged up, so as soon as we start killing each other, we dont have to run a mile for people - the melee dpsers I think took around 5 sescs to kill everyone, me (prot pally) and holy pally got helped by them when they arrived.

We 1 shotted it with like 5 sec left on timer.
Avengeance

Postby Loras » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:56 am

Did it last night with the following setup:

-Prot paladin (me)
-2x Rogues
-Feral DPS specced druid
-Discipline priest

First insanity was normal, by the time he finished it he was at about 48-50%. We used cooldowns to burn the adds (although I missed to kill the priest in my add group for a milisecond), all hugged in front of the boss before insanity to minimize running for clones. Then at the 2nd insanity I DI-ed the priest, and after insanity druid took over in tanking. Beat the timer with like -0.01 sec left (seriously, the clock was at "1 sec left" like forever... Heart beating :) - Achievement - Volazjs, achivement - Glory of the Hero - yay! )
Loras

Postby Worldie » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:04 am

Objective opinion: 3 melee dps + dps specced healer = ez mode achievement.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Kelaan » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:18 pm

Worldie wrote:Objective opinion: 3 melee dps + dps specced healer = ez mode achievement.

Do you do the entire instance that way, or do you have people respec just for that fight?
Kelaan

Postby Inimicus » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:20 pm

I really hate this achievement, it seems the only way I've seen it done is by:
1) Melee stacked group
2) Completely outgearing it
3) Bringing a Shaman

I'm guilty of number 3.

Group set up:
Prot Pally (me)
Disc Priest
FFB Mage
FFB Mage
Ele Shaman

All exlir'd up/well-fed. Attempt before we got it, we actually nuked too hard and got double insanity/double clones.
I really wanted to do this achievement with my heroic achievement running group, before 3.1 and we get a ton of silences.
Insanity was hard for me, HoJ first heal on priest, torrent second. No idea how a non-BE Pally would manage against a healer tbh, well done my Alliance counter-parts. That's the hard part, killing the healer in insanity fast enough.
The caster dps really laid into me in insaity, FFB hurts, I learnt this quickly.

If you take a priest have them Divine Hymn then MC each clone, it despawns them, they can do it before Divine Hymn wears off.
BL right away.

I'm interested in the speed caster heavy groups get this kill, we nuked him so hard we got double insanity, but then got a 1:12 kill, anyone beaten that? ;)
I know some really good groups can kill him before the second insanity, we came out of it with him on 4%.
Remember kids: no SS, no proof.
Inimicus

Postby jgn77 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:03 am

Anyone know if bringing a druid healer and having them switch to cat form b4 the insanity is a viable strat? I'm not sure if they switch back to human for to cast or not. If not, that would effectively eliminate the healer thereby making this achievement very easy. Thoughts?
Yeebo - Prot Pally - Sargeras
jgn77

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats