Remove Advertisements

[A-PvE-US] Looking for a tank for Hyjal / BT

Looking for Paladin? Looking for guild? Post here.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, honorshammer

[A-PvE-US] Looking for a tank for Hyjal / BT

Postby Theras » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:16 pm

As the title says, Avatars of Discord - a raiding guild on Icecrown working on Kael'thas Sunstrider in Tempest keep - is looking to recruit both a high attendance and dedicated Protection Paladin, and Holy Paladin. Both positions would be first string raid slots, and need to be mostly done with Karazhan / Gruul's Lair / Magtheridon's Lair. Experience in Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep are a huge plus.

The Protection Paladin would be taking up many standard off-tanking roles, as well as acting as my replacement on days that I am absent. You need to be able to think quickly on your feet, and during some boss encounters you'll be responsible for controlling the movement of the raid. We are looking to our Protection Paladins as extremely high threat, multi-target tanks; as such Paladins in mostly Warrior gear will probably be a poor fit. Having 300 to 350 spell damage would be a good mark to shoot for as a minimum threshold. Your role will likely not include much healing at all.

The Holy Paladin would be a core member of our healing team, which is low on healing Paladins with the departure of my wife from the raid team, and our recent embrace of a Retribution Paladin. You will mostly be responsible for main tank healing - that being your greatest strength - though as the situation calls you may be needed to fill other healing roles. We are looking for pure healers only; Holy / Retribution is not an acceptable raid build.

We raid five nights a week, for four to five hours per night. Being that Icecrown was originally a MST server, a majority of our members are from that time zone and our raids begin at 6:30 pm MST (5:30 pm PST; 8:30 pm EST) on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. We expect 70%+ attendance from our active members.

Visit us at http://www.avatarsofdiscord.org/ for additional information on the guild and how to apply. You can also contact me in-game, or by email at our guild domain.
Theras - Avatars of Discord lead tank
Illidari Demon Hunter
Theras

Postby Theras » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:57 pm

Bump.

I got an amazing response last time I posted here looking for a Protection Paladin, so I'm going to try this again and see if I can't fish up another diamond in the rough like I did last time. Unfortunately my last candidate had real life intervene and is no longer able to raid with us, and I'm finding myself short a tanking partner just as we're starting the AE tanking heaven that is Hyjal Summit.

So as of October 15, 2007 we're recruiting another Protection Paladin. All of the above requirements still apply, except for the additional caveat that you must at a bare minimum have the Black Temple attunement quest finished up to the point where you need to kill Al'ar. Strong preference will be given to applicants who have the quest to kill Rage Winterchill, and have their Vashj Vial Remnant or better.

If you don't already have Tier 5 caliber armor you need to be prepared to hit Heroics fast and furious as soon as you're on Icecrown, so you can have the Badges of Justice to buy the new equivalent gear from G'eras. As a guild we're prepared to support you in getting the 350+ Badges you'll need to become a mainline tank in the Black Temple, so you won't need to worry about finding a group for them at all. Also, if you don't already have an epic spell damage weapon, banking up 25k honor and 20 Arathi Basin marks will net you a Gladiator's Gavel, which will improve your standing immensely.

I look forward to hearing from some of you.
Theras - Avatars of Discord lead tank
Illidari Demon Hunter
Theras

Postby Walker » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:01 am

all i have to say is /cry i wish you started at 630 pst. GL with your findings. if you care to check me out for shits and giggle.

Walker
Draenor
Paradox
Walker

Postby Cascius » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:32 pm

Sorry to see AoD fade :(
Last edited by Cascius on Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cascius

Postby Oranniv » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:42 am

Deleted. Sorry to hear your guild died the slow death.
Oranniv

Return to Recruitment