[25](-) and (+) group positions on Thaddius

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25](-) and (+) group positions on Thaddius

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:03 pm

A query regarding how your raids do this boss?

Do you guys stack up at polar opposites to each group, eg at the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock positions?

Or do do things more generally, just being on the left side or right side to the boss?
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby fuzzygeek » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:19 pm

Negative left, positive right.

At 60 some guilds would use "Negative rotate left, Positive rotate Right" -- moving 90 degrees each time -- so *everyone* moved every time. This is probably overly complex, but if it works, it works.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby daemonym » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:20 pm

negative left positive right. on the pull we all stack up on the middle and split as appropriate.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Auroris » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:04 pm

We stack up infront of Thaddius at the middle. Tank picks him up.

CHARGE CHANGE.

+ right
- Left

(ALWAYS STAY TO THE LEFT WHEN SWITCHING SIDES)

This keeps everyone away from each other. The tank just jumps through Thaddius so it doesn't move him, just turns him around.
"Someday the Glory will Fade and only Memories will remain."
Auroris

Postby amh » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:38 am

I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby majiben » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:46 am

Many groups find better success just running past each other quickly. The issue with rotating is it is useless if the minimum distance between players is not equal to or greater than the space in-between the groups before the swaps.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Makaijin » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:48 am

Do all guilds adapt a 90 degree tank position? Our RL explicit asked me to position myself at a 45 degree angle just so that the melee with the same charge as me can still dps him on his side as to remove parries and not gimp their dps.
Makaijin

Postby amh » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:57 am

Makaijin wrote:Do all guilds adapt a 90 degree tank position? Our RL explicit asked me to position myself at a 45 degree angle just so that the melee with the same charge as me can still dps him on his side as to remove parries and not gimp their dps.

Haven´t bothered with this since it isn´t a dps-race. As long as no-one dies it shouldn´t be an issue not to hit the enrage-timer. KISS: Keep It Simple Stupid :)

Are you effectively negating parry like that? The angle would be pretty tight.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby majiben » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:01 am

It would be very hard to eliminate parry for both groups while keeping the tank under the effects of stacking buff.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Selgar » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:35 am

amh wrote:
Makaijin wrote:Haven´t bothered with this since it isn´t a dps-race. As long as no-one dies it shouldn´t be an issue not to hit the enrage-timer. KISS: Keep It Simple Stupid :)

Uh, 30 mil hps in what 8 min? How is that not a dps race? You lose more than a few people to stupid or have people not stacking properly and you have no chance at enrage timer.
Selgar

Postby Biscotti » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:09 am

Selgar wrote:Uh, 30 mil hps in what 8 min? How is that not a dps race? You lose more than a few people to stupid or have people not stacking properly and you have no chance at enrage timer.

You just summed up very well what is important at Thaddius. It's a race against the chance of lag/stupid happening. :)

Melee DPS would do better to focus on capping expertise to avoid parries than having the MT try to rotate the boss so his side is to them, while still getting the stacking buff.
Biscotti

Postby Macktruck » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:35 am

Like tanks gearing for different encounters so should dps. There are times when melee are always on the opposite side than I am. And the opposite is also true. Having a few extra exp pieces does not hurt.
Macktruck

Postby amh » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:54 am

Selgar wrote:
amh wrote:Haven´t bothered with this since it isn´t a dps-race. As long as no-one dies it shouldn´t be an issue not to hit the enrage-timer. KISS: Keep It Simple Stupid :)

Uh, 30 mil hps in what 8 min? How is that not a dps race? You lose more than a few people to stupid or have people not stacking properly and you have no chance at enrage timer.

Did you read the (now) bolded part?:) As long as you have 10 / 25 people that manage to:

a) not die
b) push their designated buttons in the right order

then Thaddius should die without getting angry. Our progression-kill as utter shite (I mean like 8 wipes that night) because people couldn´t move in the right direction at the right time. This was with god-awful gear and really poor dps. Once we got less random disconnects and people managed to focus on their debuffs, we were nowhere near the enrage-timer.

It´s a dps-race in sense that the boss has an enrage-timer, yes, but if I think in this fight you either do sick dps just by staying alive and pointing in the right direction, or you´re dead. Survival-fight? Indeed.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:17 am

-- Thaddius ++

When it changes I just run straight through him.

Make sure one person is calling out the charge change so that people know to start looking at their debuffs instead of their damage meters and big giant numbers.

Usually in a pug someone misses the jump and doesn't get back in time to get a charge on them. If you see someone missed the jump make sure to tell them to sit back away from everyone and do nothing until they get a charge so that they know where to go. This is otherwise a source of deaths if they don't know.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:04 am

amh wrote:Image

It's faster if you just run through the boss, instead of running around the outside.

Also tanking at an angle for the sake of a few melee is unnecessary.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon