aggro problems

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

aggro problems

Postby Tazok » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:55 pm

Well i ran Azjol-Nerub: Azjol-Nerub for the first time today. Heres my armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Rebkoril
Since there was a lack of tanking gear from the quests i had done so far and the colbalt items were upgrades i made what i could. I could not for some reason hold aggro on any of the mobs. We wiped 3 times on the second pull before i gave up. I have been prot spec since i was lvl 40 so its not like i am new to tanking. Now that i look back it might have been a lvl issue then a gear/spec. Could someone help me find the cause of the problem whether it be gear or whatever.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Tazok

Postby Tino » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:10 am

In the first few groups in AN there are a cople of skirmishers and those fixate on a random group member and they are immune to taunt. Basicly all you can do is kill them first and try to stun them when they go on a rampage. ;)
Tino

Postby Faids » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:49 am

Skirmishers ^^

They have to be marked and killed first. Stun them and burn them down. The casters in the beginning can also hurt a bit, if you are afraid of wiping don't be scared to ask for a CC on one of those.
Faids

Postby Fapman » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:02 am

What is this CC you speak of?

But seriously, it's not because 90% of tank nerds here don't need CC, that it's a shame to ask for it. It takes more skill/class to know your weakness and ask for help, than being full of yourself and running in just to wipe without a chance.

Also, be aware that some mobs really don't care about threat. These skirmishers amongst others. I'd put up a list, but i don't really have access to all of the internet.
Fapman

Return to Basic Training & Talents