Remove Advertisements

Back with a question on Holy PvE build

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Back with a question on Holy PvE build

Postby sherck » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:24 am

With the probability of Holy no longer having to use 5 pts in Kings to help the raid (and for those of you Holy who were lucky enough to never have had to spec Kings ....pffffffff :D ), I have a question on where to use my last 2 points.

The "core" build consists of 51 pts in Holy with 18 points in Ret to get all the Crit goodness that I can. I have 2 extra points left over.

Here is a list of all the talents I could go after with those last 2 points. Which would you choose and why?

Holy:

Seals fo the Pure, 2 pts, Increases Seal of Rightousness dmg by 6%
Unyielding Faith, 2 pts, Reduce duration of Fear / Disorient by 30%
Aura Mastery, 1 pt, extend Aura range to 40 yards
Imp Conc aura, 2 pts, Reduce duration of Interrupt / Silence by 20%
Pure of Heart, 2 pts, Reduce duration of Disease / Curse by 50%
Blessed Hands, 2 pts, Reduce mana cost of Hand spells by 30%
Purifying Power, 2 pts, Reduce mana cost of Cleanse by 10%
Blessed Life, 2 pts, 7% chance that an attack will cause only 1/2 damage
Sacred Cleansing, 2 pts, 20% chance to increase target's resistance of a Cleanse spell by 30% for 10 sec.

Ret:

Deflection, 2 pts, Increase parry chance by 2%
Imp Judgement, 2 pts, Decrease CD of Judgement by 2 sec
Vindication, 2 pts, chance for attacks to lower target's stats by 10%
Pursuit of Justice, 2 pts, Increase run speed by 15%; lower disarm chance
Eye for an Eye, 2 pts, Critical strike against you damages target
Crusade, 2 pts, + 2% damage on all attacks; more against yadda, yadda, yadda.

-----------
I am personally leaning towards:

PoJ...lets me get out of the "goo that kills you" faster

Pure of Heart...we cannot Cleanse Curses...50% shorter duration sounds good

Aura Mastery + 1 in PoJ (or 1 in Pure of Heart)... don't know how much this would help. I am almost alwasy using Concentration Aura which is of zero help to the melee group.

What do you think?
sherck

Postby Elsie » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:31 am

BoK is baseline, they haven't said Improved BoK was yet.

that said, PoJ or Aura Mastery I guess. Unless you're the cleanse bot a lot.
Elsie

Postby sherck » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:12 am

Elsie wrote:BoK is baseline, they haven't said Improved BoK was yet.

that said, PoJ or Aura Mastery I guess. Unless you're the cleanse bot a lot.

This is true...but I cannot imagine that Blizzard would do only a 2% version baseline and still have you spec 4 points to get the full 10% version.

Only saving 1 talent point to get the 10% seems to be outside the way Blizzard announces things. I may be wrong, but I expect the full 10% version to be baseline.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby DisRuptive1 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:11 pm

I think baseline will be 5% and Improved BoK will give the other 5% in one talent point. Just speculatin' though...
DisRuptive1

Postby Kynes » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:13 am

DisRuptive1 wrote:I think baseline will be 5% and Improved BoK will give the other 5% in one talent point. Just speculatin' though...

Which would still require dedicated points in whatever tree they put it in. And since I can't think of a single point talent untill the 11 pointer, it's probably safe to say it'd be in prot. Which would bring us back to the same problem with the old tree.

No, it'll be baseline 10% period imo.
Kynes of the Nightfall - Darkspear
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ar&n=Kynes

Eversteel used to tank uphill both ways in the snow.
Kynes

I'd go with 2/3 sacred cleansing

Postby nanji » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:17 am

The Holy spec I'm familiar with also has a 'spare 2 points' in it, strangely enough they're not the same two points.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000

Looks like you take blessing of wisdom and improved lay on hands as baseline. I'd generally take 2/3 sacred cleansing before either of those. Even more interesting, I'd take aura mastery and 3/3 concentration as baseline before lay on hands or blessing of wisdom.

This is a 'mature' spec I learned from a long time pally healer who says 'you won't have mana problems once geared', so you'll notice there are absolutely no talents that improve only mana efficiency. (well, you could almost count divine intellect, but that also improves crit.)
80 / prot / Ursin
nanji

Re: I'd go with 2/3 sacred cleansing

Postby Dorvan » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:52 am

nanji wrote:This is a 'mature' spec I learned from a long time pally healer who says 'you won't have mana problems once geared', so you'll notice there are absolutely no talents that improve only mana efficiency. (well, you could almost count divine intellect, but that also improves crit.)

Um, you took Illumination and Benediction, which *are* pretty much the only direct mana efficiency talents Holy has. Also, why the hate on Imp LoH? Imp Conc and Sacred Cleansing are both pretty worthless in PvE.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Re: I'd go with 2/3 sacred cleansing

Postby Elsie » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:18 pm

Dorvan wrote:
nanji wrote:This is a 'mature' spec I learned from a long time pally healer who says 'you won't have mana problems once geared', so you'll notice there are absolutely no talents that improve only mana efficiency. (well, you could almost count divine intellect, but that also improves crit.)

Um, you took Illumination and Benediction, which *are* pretty much the only direct mana efficiency talents Holy has. Also, why the hate on Imp LoH? Imp Conc and Sacred Cleansing are both pretty worthless in PvE.

I'm more amazed people don't take imp LoH. 30% armor is pretty op - iirc around 12.5% physical mitigation.
Elsie

Re: Back with a question on Holy PvE build

Postby Holyhomer » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:13 pm

sherck wrote:
Pure of Heart...we cannot Cleanse Curses...50% shorter duration sounds good

What do you think?

Pure of heart is bad for grobbulus and that one fight in naxx where you have to decurse or you explode.
Holyhomer

Re: Back with a question on Holy PvE build

Postby theothersteve7 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:04 am

Holyhomer wrote:Pure of heart is bad for grobbulus and that one fight in naxx where you have to decurse or you explode.

^^ This! Don't get Pure of Heart.

I personally lean toward PoJ. Remember that Healadins spend a lot of time casting, which means they can't move, so the less time they spend moving the better.

Imp LOH is excellent, though.
Moo.
theothersteve7

Return to Basic Training & Talents