the most irritating, difficult and annoying daily?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Worldie » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:54 am

I came to the conclusion that to successfully clear this quest you must roll your face on the keyboard until the wrym dies.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby masterpoobaa » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:29 pm

Ive developed my own strat... works most of the time.
Sound must be up.
keep grip between 80-100.
whenever u hear the dragon claws noise use #2 dodge followed by #4.
When on phase 2 just spam #1 till stacks = 10, then proc #3 evertime its on cooldown.

Still a hard daily which requires focus and FPS gamer twitch responses.
On a good day i can survive with 5k health outta 28k.
Average days i survive with 1k, died once due to lack of health, and came close with 200hp left another day.

On the whole its easier & just as fast to hunt for everfrost shards... typically find 2-4 each morning when few people are on.

Anyhoo Ellifain is 20k rep outta 21k. Only 1 more day to go!
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Loras » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:11 pm

Ehm... I really can't get it why this daily seems hard. I died 2 times in total (1 of those deaths we died simultaneously with the wyrm lol) and that was while I was still mashing only dmg-dealing skills (as I read somewhere it's been more efficient). After I started using the dodge move the way it's supposed to be, it became really easy. Timely dodges = almost full health end of phase 1. And then you must have the worst luck ever in order to miss so many times that you die.
Loras

Postby Naether » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:22 pm

This is exactly what I told my friend, it took him a total of 4 tries to make it. I died once on the first try then had no problem doing it until I hit exalted.

I keep grip above 35, some leeway there. Just mix it up between 1 and 3, doesn't matter the order, just make sure you're above 35. Dodge isn't on the GCD, so right as the warning flashes up hit it and then ability 4, repeat this.. even though you have a long long break without having to dodge, it's happened to me where I hit 4 cause I thought I was in the clear for a bit but took a hit.

during the second phase I found it easiest to just spam 1 until it reaches 20 stacks then 3.. Maybe I just have a better reaction speed, because I've been helping my dad out with it lol.

phaqueue wrote:nowadays... skip that daily and grind out 20 relics to make up for it :)

I plan to do Honored -> Exalted just grinding Relics, will be easier to just find a nice AOE grinding spot :)

A great spot to farm these: Library Guardians to the northwest of the SoH dailies. They respawn fast, and have a 33% drop chance, I got the last 30 I needed to reach revered in about 45 minutes, including the pvp I had to handle against an unholy dk. Info on these guys: http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=29724
Naether

Postby skrith2 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:03 pm

I'd have to say that the spear thrusting daily is in fact the least annoying and by far the most enjoyable daily that there is in the game at the moment.

That and the blowing up dudes with a landmine.

The most annoying daily is the BG daily, which is sometimes unobtainable no matter how hard you try for it just because most other people in BG's are stupid.
skrith2

Postby Panzerdin » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:21 pm

Premades exist for a reason.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Aeran » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:34 am

I failed it the first time or two, now I just spam one and three, and whenever the cooldown for the big thrust is up, I hit two then four. I always make it by the skin of my teeth though. I'll try some of your methods instead
Aeran

Postby yappo » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:54 am

Aces High.

And yes, I abhor Oculus.

I didn't spend the time gearing, speccing and playing up my char to punch three buttons until my vehicle dies, I fall to my death during an eternity only to have to spend time getting up there to start the futility all over again.

Championing saved this tankadin's sanity.
yappo

Postby Arcand » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:20 pm

Majiben wrote:Basically don't use your big thrust every cooldown. When you use it it puts your dodge on. When you first get on the drake just grip until the first clawing. Dodge then do the big thrust followed by the small ones. When he claws again dodge then just grip. Repeat this and you should do fine on phase 1.

I kept the big thrust on cooldown all the time - if the dodge is up when a claw comes, great, if not oh well. This max-offense approach got me very consistent kills once I got used to it.

When I stayed off the big thrust to make sure the dodge was available, I had problems with him not clawing for a long time. Fight goes on too long and you start losing grip faster than you can get it back.
Arcand

Postby Elsie » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:23 pm

The most annoying daily...

The wyrmrest one in dragonblight. Not because it's hard, but because the achievement is stupidly hard to do without help.
Elsie

Postby Gryfalia » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:30 am

Elsie wrote:The most annoying daily...

The wyrmrest one in dragonblight. Not because it's hard, but because the achievement is stupidly hard to do without help.

Has ANYONE managed to do this one without help? I've been trying..lord knows I've been trying, to fail every time...
And more info I'm not smart enough to make pretty:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Gryfalia
Gryfalia

Postby sleku » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:23 am

that's how I did it [yes, without out of group help] some time ago:

1st: get the quest from as far away as possible, you need every fraction of second, face the exit

2nd: run to left dragon, jump and go to the shrine, IMMEDIATELY hit Blazing Speed, get to the Shrine and disable it ASAP.

3rd: now fly up, there should be some little ones, maybe a big one too:

for Azure Drake: best to Flame Breath+Immolation and get to another one, this will kill him 100% to 0 [i'm not taking into account that they may be wounded]

for Azure Dragon: FB+Immo+FB+FB. Notice that you can move while casting BOTH, so make your way to the temple while killing.

as soon as you have 100% OR need 1 drake or dragon, Blazing Speed to the temple. It's pure luck, if you decide to kill one at the temple - it might be cleared by others.

Fly directly to Afrasastrasz, dismount on top of his head and spam quest giving and complete.

I tried that several times, then finally everything clicked and had 10secs on timer when giving the quest.

Oh, and of course enable achievement time tracking :)

1 final note: on azure shrine, fly directly to beam and hit disable, if it takes too long to do, then abandon at that point. Sometimes i had to fly a litle to find a spot where it would work, wasting precious seconds.
sleku

Re: the most irritating, difficult and annoying daily?

Postby Halkale » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:37 am

I gotta agree that the wolf quest is the most horrible one. Although it does get better when you can do the feeding one at the same time, since the worms tend to aggro to the wolf.

I don't do the spear quest, I've finished it on one of my characters but vowed never to do it again.
Halkale

Postby Zoltar » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:56 pm

Most annoying daily for me is the champion jousting. Not because it's hard, just tedious and time consuming.
Zoltar

Postby Loras » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:07 am

The one in Grizzly Hills, where you throw some torches on a crapload amount of zombies... No idea why it even exists...
Loras

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats