Remove Advertisements

[10] Noth without decurse

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Belloc » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:02 pm

Cerwillis wrote:10-Pally run sounds like fun, so I hate to burst your bubble, but I would expect the curse on Sapphiron to be more of an obstacle.
Meh, it's not that bad. I was in an alt-group that failed at the fight (why do some players play like total ass on their alts?) and we had no decurses and some dps down. It took us a while, but we got him on that one try.
Belloc

Postby majiben » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:15 pm

melkior wrote:We successfully 8 manned him with no decurse this weekend.

It was supposed to be a 9 man but the huntard was afk on pull and was locked out of the room for the fight.

We had 3 heals (2 shaman 1 priest)

I was MT and we had no OT.

I pulled him in the corner below the ledge and had all healers & range pack in the corner tight, the i tanked him 1-2 steps away from the corner with myself facing the healers.

I had our 2 DK's and Ret pally lay down as much AOE as they could so when the skeletal adds come in they would pick them up in case I couldn't (gap in consecration tick etc)

Our 3 healers kept everyone alive and we got the achievement for doing that boss with less than 9 people. I wish there was an achievement for no decurse also.
Why didn't your shamans decurse??
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby skolor » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:13 pm

Majiben wrote:Why didn't your shamans decurse??

Its a talent (as in points, not player skill).

While they should have it, going off of the experience I have had with shaman healers (with one exception who shall not be named) have been full of suck, and wouldn't know a good idea if it smacked them in the face.
My blog of my experiences leveling a tankadin.
skolor

Postby Kelaan » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:41 pm

Cerwillis wrote:10-Pally run sounds like fun, so I hate to burst your bubble, but I would expect the curse on Sapphiron to be more of an obstacle.

Life Drain - Sapphiron will apply a Life Drain curse on 2 random players every 24 seconds. The curse drains 2,188 to 2,812 health as Shadow damage and heals Sapphiron for 4376 to 5624 every 3 seconds, for 12 seconds.

I dunno; while the raw amount of damage is more, it's not as spikey, and less damage/second to the players. It is ~1k dps to the players, and -3.8k dps on Sapphiron. It just means you need to have more healing, and the fight will take longer due to some extra heals. Considering that people can probably bubble out of that (and HoSac someone that has it ...), it really seems much less of a problem. Moreover, the DPS can all heal each other, if necessary.
Kelaan

Postby Alanyor » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:48 pm

Cerwillis wrote:10-Pally run sounds like fun

Yeye, and to make it challenging, the current idea is to do it with 8. :)
Alanyor <Bloodhound Gang> - EU-Nera'thor - http://www.alanyor.blogspot.com
Originator of 10 Paladin Karazhan, 10 Paladin Zul'Aman and 8 Paladin Naxxramas
Alanyor

Postby Zeels » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:13 am

Invisusira wrote:Sorry, my psychic link to you must be broken or something. I didn't get the telepathic thought-note about the raid being 10 paladins.

That one made my day... Probably says more about my days in general though :roll:
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Re:

Postby Mozen » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:18 pm

Belloc wrote:Just heal through it. That's piddly damage in an easy fight.
But 25-man will require decurses.

In 10-man, this.

We did this fight yesterday with absolutely no decursers, and I went in thinking we'd just wipe. The damage from the curse was significant and needs to be healed, but our Holy Priest was more than enough to bring everybody back up the moment the curse blew.

Holy Paladin on MT
Holy Paladin on OT (me)
Holy Priest doing raid healing

I was prepared to help out with the raid healing but it turned out that I had just about nothing to do in that fight. Also the MT was never in danger of dying at all.
Mozen

Re: [10] Noth without decurse

Postby Rutilcaper » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:01 am

We're a little overgeared for Naxx 10 at this point, but this week we were doing the 8 man achievement without decurse and we got through it just fine (our normally resto shaman was running holy paladin, and our normally resto druid was bear tanking). This was with a pretty melee heavy group, our healers barely noticed the damage. If you're running ten paladins with all the beacons flying around, and instant FoLs (whenever I'm ret I get so psyched to see sheath of light land on someone, even if the only time I use Art of War is in Sethekk Halls when duo farming the bird mount) and sacred shields you'd probably be fine.
Rutilcaper

Re: [10] Noth without decurse

Postby Brute » Mon May 04, 2009 7:29 am

I've done this in a pug where the only decurser avaliable was a Feral Druid who would not shift for anything.

We lived just fine. We had two priests healing: one very well geared and one who was in blues and a few heroic epics.
Brute

Previous

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon