Remove Advertisements

[10] Noth without decurse

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Elsie » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:19 am

bubble... pretty easy way with 10 paladins.

Bubble and cloak of shadows should remove the curse. Priests can run out the raid and use a CD to not die (dispersion, pain suppresion, w/e), locks can healthstone / drain life / haunt / siphon life, warriors shield wal / defensive stance, umm... hunters... are screwed. Lock can also soulstone whoever gets the curse if he's quic (or a paladin, using DI / soulstone).

A raid of 10 paladins should have no problem handling this with Bacon of Light and Sacred Shield.
Elsie

Postby Biscotti » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:32 am

We've successfully (and easily) done this in the 10man version of the encounter, when we had no mages and only one druid (who was the MT so couldn't decurse). In the 10man both adds come from one end of the room (the right side as you walk in), so we had people with the curse run toward the other end (the side of the room with the gloopy curtain), trying to seperate from each other as they ran. Only 2 or 3 people are hit in each curse, so there's enough room, and i suspect that the radius is lower than in the original encounter or the 25man. This worked out just fine, except when the MT became cursed. Then we needed everyone else to run away from him.

It was a fun & satisfying way to do the fight. Try it some time. :)
Biscotti

Postby Wolvar » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:14 am

Curse of the Plaguebringer - Places a curse on 3 party members. After 10 seconds, every cursed target will cast Wrath of the Plaguebringer, which will hit everybody in 30 yards range for 3,700 to 4,300 Shadow damage and additional 1,313 to 1687 Shadow damage every 2 seconds, for 10 seconds.

Silly question, but why wouldn't you just heal throught this if you don't have a decurser? Sure doesn't seem like a lot of damage.
Wolvar

Postby Nick7 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:35 am

We did 10-man few days ago without anyone able to decurse.
If DPS gets cursed, just tell them to move away from rest of raid.
If it's tank... just ignore, and heal through. It was actually way, way easier than I anticipated due to no decurse available.
Nick7

Postby Elsie » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:10 am

Of course, I'd add it's much harder to heal through with only 2 healers (and no "sort of healer" like an elemental shaman or boomkin).
Elsie

Postby Alanyor » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:37 am

Thanks for all suggestions.
Alanyor <Bloodhound Gang> - EU-Nera'thor - http://www.alanyor.blogspot.com
Originator of 10 Paladin Karazhan, 10 Paladin Zul'Aman and 8 Paladin Naxxramas
Alanyor

Postby melkior » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:21 am

We successfully 8 manned him with no decurse this weekend.

It was supposed to be a 9 man but the huntard was afk on pull and was locked out of the room for the fight.

We had 3 heals (2 shaman 1 priest)

I was MT and we had no OT.

I pulled him in the corner below the ledge and had all healers & range pack in the corner tight, the i tanked him 1-2 steps away from the corner with myself facing the healers.

I had our 2 DK's and Ret pally lay down as much AOE as they could so when the skeletal adds come in they would pick them up in case I couldn't (gap in consecration tick etc)

Our 3 healers kept everyone alive and we got the achievement for doing that boss with less than 9 people. I wish there was an achievement for no decurse also.
melkior

Postby Panzerdin » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:28 am

Get your people to go away from the raid with it, and heal them. Shouldn't be too taxing.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Wolvar » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:54 am

Of course, I'd add it's much harder to heal through with only 2 healers (and no "sort of healer" like an elemental shaman or boomkin).

Oh I dunno, if yer runnign with 2 healers, yer tanks prolly don't need much healing. Our healers are really bored most of the time and he hits like my mom.
Wolvar

Postby Belloc » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:28 am

Just heal through it. That's piddly damage in an easy fight.

But 25-man will require decurses.
Belloc

Postby dmok » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:25 am

Alanyor wrote:And is it's only me or is the damage taken extremely low? I mean... 10k... 1 heal, AFTER all damage was dealt and even a mage in full greens would have survived it.

It's 10k per person not-decursed if they are all in range. In Naxx10, he curses 3 people. so you're looking at 12k minimum in the first second, and an additional 3k per 2s for 10s.

Sure, there are other things that hit harder, but it's something you can completely forget about. Since that hits everyone within 10 yards.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Panzerdin » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:32 am

Just get them the hell away from the raid.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Kelaan » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:36 pm

Elsie wrote:Of course, I'd add it's much harder to heal through with only 2 healers (and no "sort of healer" like an elemental shaman or boomkin).

Exactly. However, since the OP is running with 10 paladins, that means that:

- they can bubble out of damage and (I assume) the curse, at some point in the fight
- divine guardian will reduce raid damage
- multiple people can gear as off-healers if necessary
- Beacon + aoe healing means that your tanks are probably covered
- instant FoL from rets probably allow for some decent off-healing as well, though keeping it coordinated may be hard.

Having a designated person to bubble for the duration (preferably someone that's cursed, hehe) of the damage-spam will probably make it healable. It sounds interesting. As a last resort, you could swap one person out for a decurse-capable player, such as a mage, for that one fight.

edit: As a worst-case, you could just have every single ret paladin take the time to heal someone else after receiving the ~4k hits (which, x3, is a ~12k burst, plus an additional ~6k after that). Healing someone else will help out more, as it will give them some SA regen. ;)
Kelaan

Postby Elennira » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:13 pm

bubble

then hit hard enough so there isnt another curse
Elennira

Postby cerwillis » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:53 pm

10-Pally run sounds like fun, so I hate to burst your bubble, but I would expect the curse on Sapphiron to be more of an obstacle.
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon