Levelling in Northrend - 0/56/5

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Levelling in Northrend - 0/56/5

Postby Luminaar » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:41 am

Hi all, newcomer here :D

Can i ask you an advice about the specc i'd like to use to level in Northrend? I've doubts related to three talents: Seals of the Pure, Ardent Defender and Judgements of the Just

Here's the link to the specc, but i'm not sure skipping these talents is good or not to level. Can you help me?

Many thanks!
Luminaar

Postby xstrykr » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:57 am

Looks solid, although I think a couple of minor changes would be in order.

For leveling/prot dps SotP is awesome. Cheap way to increase dps.
JotJ should ALWAYS be taken. It's just too good to pass up.
For leveling purposes, AD is useful. It largely will depend what kind of leveling you'll be doing - are you planning on leveling more by soloing/questing or are you planning on hitting as many instances as possible as well? If you're planning on hitting instances fairly often, AD is of much more use (IMO).

Take a look at Lore's prot DPS spec for 70's. It's a good place to start.
xstrykr

Postby Vanna » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:59 am

I leveled as a full ret. And it was really easy'n'fast! Took me 5 days. I don't remember using more then a hand full of breaks due to drinking between 70 and 80.
I guess if there are always 3+ mobs around to pull, protection leveling might be cool. But if you plan to go in instances, protection is better ofc.

Not sure, but I think for leveling the 5 pts in parry could be switched to Benediction.
Vanna

Postby Luminaar » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:04 am

@xstrykr

Thx for the fast answer!

Can i ask you why are you spending point in Divine Guardian and Improved Hammer of Justice and not, for example, in Guarded by the Light or Deflection?
Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:08 am

Vanna wrote:I leveled as a full ret. And it was really easy'n'fast! Took me 5 days. I don't remember using more then a hand full of breaks due to drinking between 70 and 80.
I guess if there are always 3+ mobs around to pull, protection leveling might be cool. But if you plan to go in instances, protection is better ofc.

Not sure, but I think for leveling the 5 pts in parry could be switched to Benediction.

I'd like to level as prot to learn well my future duties :wink:

It'll be slowly but, i'm ready and willing to start!
Luminaar

Postby xstrykr » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:54 pm

Luminaar wrote:@xstrykr

Thx for the fast answer!

Can i ask you why are you spending point in Divine Guardian and Improved Hammer of Justice and not, for example, in Guarded by the Light or Deflection?

That's something that Lore would have to answer, I just copy/pasted that link from another thread.

GbtL is at its best once you are doing more instances. Ditto Deflection. If you're soloing everything, the need for those talents is lessened. That's why I wanted to know if you were leveling by soloing/questing or if you were going to hit instances fairly often.
xstrykr

Return to Basic Training & Talents