[10] Anub changes?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Anub changes?

Postby maurok » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:45 am

Hey guys
I might be saying something stupid, but last night my guild went naxx and we noticed that sometimes, some people got silenced on Anub'Rekhan (we got pacified or something) ... was it always like that? or was it a mass hallucination?
maurok

Postby Wolvar » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:49 am

Swarm sliences anyone that's in it.
Wolvar

Postby majiben » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:49 am

You're standing too close during the insect swarm.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Caelia » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:50 am

Majiben wrote:You're standing too close during the insect swarm.

Anyone notice it hits alot harder on 10 man than it does 25 man?
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Postby Anubisknight » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:14 am

Caelia wrote:
Majiben wrote:You're standing too close during the insect swarm.

Anyone notice it hits alot harder on 10 man than it does 25 man?

Just seems like it since you probably have fewer buffs (and healers) on you in a 10 man.
Anubisknight

Postby majiben » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:28 am

I think it's shadow or nature damage so lacking a druid buff or a resist buff could make it hit harder in 10 mans.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Xfighter » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:15 pm

They hit harder in 25-man, but as others stated, you have more buffs & more health so it doesn't seem to be that bad.

And I believe it is nature damage, but I could be wrong.
Xfighter

Postby trycare » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:02 am

Necro since I didnt want to make another thread. Our tank has the speed enchant on his boots but is still getting caught up in the swarm. Should he be running before the swarm is cast or right when the swarm is cast. How soon is to soon to start running and so forth. Thanks.
Better to be known in a small guild, rather than unknown in a large guild.
trycare
Maintankadonor

Postby Balanor » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:16 am

Trycare wrote:Necro since I didnt want to make another thread. Our tank has the speed enchant on his boots but is still getting caught up in the swarm. Should he be running before the swarm is cast or right when the swarm is cast. How soon is to soon to start running and so forth. Thanks.

I usually start running about 3-5 seconds before it starts. With PoJ, its pretty easy to outdistance him to avoid the silence.
Balanor

Postby Caelia » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:13 pm

Balanor wrote:
Trycare wrote:Necro since I didnt want to make another thread. Our tank has the speed enchant on his boots but is still getting caught up in the swarm. Should he be running before the swarm is cast or right when the swarm is cast. How soon is to soon to start running and so forth. Thanks.

I usually start running about 3-5 seconds before it starts. With PoJ, its pretty easy to outdistance him to avoid the silence.

We are lazy, we heal through it on both 10 and 25, tho on 10 now depending on the group we can sometimes get him down before he does a 2nd swarm, but really we only 4 heal 25 and 2 heal 10. But really healing wise it seems like 10 hits harder and we generally run with almos the same buffs. Stoneskin, HoW, Kings, Fort, Commanding, Motw, AI, Sanct.
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Postby Spectrum » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:38 pm

It's possible to two-heal it with the tank just eating the swarms, but the DoT stacks up.

We usually just do the running method. Right when he starts casting the swarm I start running with PoJ. The DPS just move off and deal with the crypt guard while one healer stays ahead of me and helps heal if I fall behind. Often I just get one stack of the swarm, maybe two, and we're fine.

With PUGs I've had to tell people over and over to stay away while he's doing the swarm. Oddly, I've never wiped with my regular group, but have yet to one-shot him with a PUG.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby encoded » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:21 pm

I try to run 1-2 seconds before he begins casting Locust Swarm. I rarely take more than 1 tick that way.

The timers in Deadly Boss Mobs definitely help, but I still keep an eye out for the cast bar. If you haven't turned to run by the time that pops up, you had best do so that very moment.
Gyrnax -- Tankadin
encoded

Postby Seloei » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:54 am

timers in dbm are not always correct, sometimes he casts it ~20s earlier sometimes 20s later than what dmb had -.-

Also, with PoJ you can just start running as soon as he starts casting it and run on the outer edge of the circle of the slime and you have plenty of distance for him to stop casting it. Without PoJ you can still outrun it quite easy but if you get hit by it, you'r a bit screwed, if you know you wont be able to outrun it, just use your bubble wall and live through it just as he is about to finish the cast.
Seloei

Postby Wolvar » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:49 am

Doesn't matter if you outrun it or not. It's not like your healers have anything else to do but heal you.
Wolvar

Postby Velorian » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:41 pm

encoded wrote:I try to run 1-2 seconds before he begins casting Locust Swarm. I rarely take more than 1 tick that way.

The timers in Deadly Boss Mobs definitely help, but I still keep an eye out for the cast bar. If you haven't turned to run by the time that pops up, you had best do so that very moment.

It might be worse to run too early than too late, as I've had Anoob "glitch" and run through the middle of the room during Locust Swarm.
Velorian

Next

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon