[H] Kel'Thuzad - Dodge/Stam or Block gear?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[H] Kel'Thuzad - Dodge/Stam or Block gear?

Postby Ocin » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:43 pm

Cleared Naxx last night finally, but I died on KT as MT, luckily our warrior picked him up. I took two 17k dings in a row without heals. How can I gear to avoid that from happening next time? I had frost aura up, 34k+ health buffed and a balance between dodge and block. Should I drop the block for the most part and just swap in dodge/stam or could this just be a case of it being our 2nd time trying him and the healers getting diverted because they're keeping up 2 bears, 1 warrior and 1 pally OT?

Health 34K+
Def: 541
Dodge: 23%
Parry:18%
Block: 28%

I only noticed one time when the warrior picked him up where his health dipped dangerously low.

warrior's gear
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Fortress
Ocin

Postby Salamandra » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:07 pm

Stamina's the only slightly important thing here, his melee swings are pathetic and he spends a huge amount of time casting anyway.
Salamandra

Postby pedal2000 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:46 pm

How can you have taken two 17k dings in a row? That's what you need to find out. What attacks were they etc?

I tank him with 33k health, not fully block capped and no frost resist at all.
pedal2000

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:57 pm

Most likely chain frostbolts. Your interrupters fail.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Ocin » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:22 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:Most likely chain frostbolts. Your interrupters fail.

i'm thinking this
Ocin

Postby Worldie » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:25 am

For KT just go max stam, with some FrR if you want to be optimal.

Considering how hard the boss is i think you can safely tank it naked. I actually will do this next time.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Panzerdin » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:50 am

Can has pics plx?

Oh, and the plate FR stuff is wonderful, coming as it does with FR, Stamina and nothing else. Not that you're likely to need it.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Ocin » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:58 am

Panzerdin wrote:Can has pics plx?

Oh, and the plate FR stuff is wonderful, coming as it does with FR, Stamina and nothing else. Not that you're likely to need it.

i made the belt up, so maybe i'll throw that on
Ocin

Postby Seloei » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:04 am

17k 17k... for some reason i'm thinking melee spread frostblast?

His frostbolts on 25's hit for 10k only and he melees for about same/less.

But if it was frostbolts, tell your interupters to stop being lazy.
Seloei

Postby Worldie » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:51 am

Erm, single target frostbolts in 25 men hit for about 23-24k.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Salamandra » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:40 am

Yeah, the frostbolts hit for ~24k, and his melee hits for something pathetic like 6k or something. He doesn't melee much either, given that he's often chain casting frostbolts, and I don't think his swing timer's notably quick.
Salamandra

Postby Senador » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:45 am

The 17ks could also include partial resists (I am pretty sure his single target isn't binary, and can have partial resists; gift of the wild, frost aura, blind luck could all help with that).

It seems like your interupters failed. Mine do that too; I've died on our kills the last two weeks because my hammer was on cooldown from interupt/moving him back after an MC, the other interupters apparently didn't think it was important... On the first, I got battle rezzed, buffed up and went back in and finished it; on the second the DK took over, since he and the other DK set up an interupt rotation (Thanks for doing it AFTER the tank died...) and were able to control them fine (It was only the last 10-15% or so).
Senador

Postby Caelia » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:16 pm

Yup, its 100% the dps not doing interupt rotations, i mean kitty dps, mages, warlocks with felpuppy, dk's, pallys, and such all have cd's they can use.
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Postby Seloei » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:59 am

Odd, never saw a bigger than 10k frostbolt on 25's while i was "tanking him" since the warrior failed to move on void zone again (which lost us immortal twice already...) Tho i rarely tank kel since huge bv + holy shield makes the 4 adds a joke.
Seloei

Postby daemonym » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:02 pm

max out your health since most of the damage in this fight is from magic, so block obviously won't do crap. on 10s he was hitting me for 4900 before blocking, so with a block that's what, a single flash of light? also if you end up having to tank the adds along with kel big health will help as you're going to likely take a tick or 2 of a void zone. since them adds are fackin huge they tend to cover it up and murphys law and all that jazz.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Next

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon