Remove Advertisements

Sartharion + 3: Tank-perspective guide

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Cearn » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:46 pm

Is Safeguard worth using as a minor lifesaver?
Considering there will probably be no def warris to use Intervene (and considering that hardly any def warrys get it) I doubt it's useful, but it's a 6 second minor safer on a 30 second cooldown.
Cearn

Postby Worldie » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:45 am

It's useful as well, but in the critical moment of the fight the prot warrior will be either busy with drakes or adds, so i don't really think he'd have time to use that.

Consider also that it would bring the prot warrior in face of the boss, oneshotting him/her.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Cearn » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:17 am

Worldie wrote:Consider also that it would bring the prot warrior in face of the boss, oneshotting him/her.

That I should have seen coming.
Cearn

Postby Serelynn » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:58 am

A warrior tank giving their life to keep a paladin tank alive would be epic. People with the warrior main tank paradigm would go nuts.

-

My guild is still working on this fight. Our biggest problem is that we run heavy on melee which means that when DPSing a drake that the cluster of people make it difficult to see fissures and we inevitably lose 2-4 DPS which means we can't make the DPS check. We need to recruit a few more ranged DPS badly.

The other problem is add control, with everyone spread out it's unpredictable which way adds will end up. The next time we go in, we're going to have a feral druid or death knight help pick up adds when the whelps spawn. Normally they are DPSers, but having all the adds managed is more important at that point.

It'd also help if the warrior tanks could generate more threat on drakes early on. We have some very high DPSers who have died a couple times from pulling aggro when we need them doing that much damage. /sigh

It's not an easy fight for us, our only druid with the gear capable of tanking Sartharion has an unpredictable schedule. We have no death knight capable of tanking Sartharion at this point either, which leaves me and the warriors and I sit close to 3k more health in my stamina set. >.<
Serelynn

Postby sanctifico » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:33 pm

Worldie == showoff, 44.1k hp... geeeiit!

As I said on MSN gratz at your title.

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Worldie » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:40 pm

sanctifico wrote:Worldie == showoff, 44.1k hp... geeeiit!

Actually i'm at almost 45k with the few upgrades i got this week :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Re: Sartharion + 3: Tank-perspective guide

Postby degre » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:48 am

Worldie wrote:The Whelps: Whelps are going to be your worse nightmare: they always spawn at the same spot, around 10-15 seconds after Tenebron emotes that the eggs are being hatched. However, few of them will generally end up ignoring your consecration and will go raping your priests.

I'll disagree with this.

After learning the timing of the whelps' spawn, my worst nightmare are the retards with an add on them running away from me -.-'
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Re: Sartharion + 3: Tank-perspective guide

Postby Worldie » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:11 am

degre wrote:After learning the timing of the whelps' spawn, my worst nightmare are the retards with an add on them running away from me -.-'

Which incidentally tends to be the priests :D

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby samsara » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:19 am

Worldie wrote:
sanctifico wrote:Worldie == showoff, 44.1k hp... geeeiit!

Actually i'm at almost 45k with the few upgrades i got this week :P

It's offtopic, but how the hell you get at 45k HP? I'm now at about 30,1k unbuffed and never hit 40k buffed yet (ok, maybe with the +3k trinket for a few seconds), but 45 is quite impressive.

Even when i count the shoulders (t7,5) and bracers (unholy knight) i will get at next and a few minor parts for hitting the 31 or maybe try to come to 32k unbuffed i cannot explain how its possible to hit 45 ... just KRANK :)
samsara

Postby Worldie » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:45 am

http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/127686

Missing 40 stam enchant on bracers, and since i can't find 18 stam enchant on gloves i added a prismatic socket with 18 stam gem.
Totally about 34500 unbuffed, resulting in ~44.7k raidbuffed. Notice that i'm slightly crittable but we agreed with the healers we can take the risk. I actually had a 15k crit right after a breath and survive it with a ninja LoH so it's acceptable.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby rocket » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:55 pm

icebane..really?

ive been somewhat struggling like the other poster to hit 40k...but giving up some of the other things (like defense) certainly will help things out!

alas i am stuck with add tanking...as the days of hyjal are still fresh in the minds of the guildies.

*somewhat of a funny - the day I dinged 80..make that the literal second i dinged i was invited to a 25 man gluth attempt. back in the days of 40 man, a pally with the speed enchant was the way we succeeded on gluth adds (exorcism, consecration, blah blah). i stepped in after hours of them wiping on zombie control, and 1-shot. this didnt help my reputation of them wanting me to do gimmick tanking. fortunately, wws records show phenomenal avoidance as well as a significant threat increase in wotlk compared to most of my tank bretheren, so i do get non-gimmick roles....but damn - adds are gimmicky.
rocket
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:39 am

I'd not recommend using Icebane for any other purpose than Sartharion atm still. It's just a waste of money.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Tieran » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:18 am

My guild did things a little differently to most others.

Our raid set up was a little light on CDs to use and we decided that ending the period with the deadly breaths was top prio.

So instead of AoEing the drakes after the first drake had died they just switched over to nuking the next drake asap.

This was the time frame when I was dropping a lot of CDs to stay alive - an indestructible pot for the whelps helped a fair bit and BV was ftw.

There is a video at the following link - big cudos to our officer Nigeldruid for making it - I think its fairly good and explains what we did fairly well.

http://alkaersig.net/Sune/Sarth3d10man.avi
Tieran

Postby culhag » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:22 pm

Fire resist or Devotion aura if I'm the only pally in the raid ?
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:00 pm

Absolurely Fire Resist unless you can be 100% sure to have the totem from a shaman.

FR aura will about grant 100% chance to resist 10%ish of the damage, and a chance to resist 20-30%. Even 10% of the damage is 5-6k less on the Sarth tank.
Also helps from meteors and adds.

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon