Remove Advertisements

Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker help

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker help

Postby tenxion » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:05 am

Hello there, I just recently got the quest to get the windseeker, so far I got 2 out of the 4 items reqiured to finsished that quest. (Bindings of the Windseeker and Essence of the Firelord)

I'm sure getting the other side of the Windseeker would be cake. I think the hard part is getting Elementium Bars. From what I've read, the only way to getting Elementium Ores is by killing Blackwing Technician in BWL. On top of that, you need to get this book (drops from Master Elemental Shaper Krixix) to learn how to smelt Elementium ore which is also in BWL. The only way to get to those Technicians, and that book is to go through Razorgore the Untamed and Vaelastrasz the Corrupt.(Which I don't think is soloable.)

Here's my question,
Is there another way to get Elementium ores / Elementium bars?
What would you do if you where in my sitiuation?
Is it possible to 2-4 man those bosses?
Have any of you 2-4 man those bosses?

Many thanks
tenxion

Postby Janduin » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:49 am

I've done BWL with a group of 10, and half of them were under 70, so maybe 4 80s could do it. The problem would be Vael (who definitely isn't soloable) with Burning Adrenaline, as it s a bit of a numbers check (kind of like 40-man Thaddius was still hard to beat enrage with 20 70s due to the fact that you were missing so many damage buffs).

I will say though, getting the elementium and smelting it will not be your bottleneck, unless you are insanely lucky. I mean, start now, sure, it may take awhile, but you just need 2 or 3 runs of BWL to get all the ore you need, and arcanite should be cheap now.

Getting the other binding is, statistically speaking, going to be a huge pain in the ass. It took me 8 months before my first dropped, and it's been another 4 so far with no drop of the second. It's a 3% drop rate, good luck.
Janduin

Postby Brutalicus » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:11 am

I soloed Garr/Geddon (took a few months of killing Geddon every week) and two manned Ragnaros (with a Mage, no less!). I bought the ores and found some guy who could smelt them for me with the mats I had farmed (solo) out of MC.
I killed Thunderaan himself retardedly easily (fight him under a tent) and picked up the blade of the Windseeker last night finally! Just spam trade channel every once in a while, you'll eventually find some crazy bastard who still has his old guild's bank and has about 48 of the ores on him.
Brutalicus, Garona (Horde) Tankadin
Brutalicus

Re: Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker help

Postby Pelana » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:37 pm

I spent some time in BWL with my brother, a Holy priest. We managed to two man Razorgore, Broodlord, and the 3 drakes. The trick was to find some people willing to help with Vael and nothing else.

Back on topic, in the one run we managed to net 7 Elementium ore. Basically, if you can get past Vael you can get some Elementium. It helps to have a healer friend, and maybe a dps, that you know won't need the ore because it's purple. :D You make some good money from the bosses too so that's a good way to convince someone to help you out. Runs ~100g a boss.
Pelana

Postby pedal2000 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:50 pm

Any suggestions on soloing Geddon? Garr was easy but slow but Geddon just ate me and an 80 mage.
pedal2000

Postby tenxion » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:10 pm

Cool Thank for the reply. I guess the only way to know is try it. :)

pedal2000 wrote:Any suggestions on soloing Geddon? Garr was easy but slow but Geddon just ate me and an 80 mage.

What you can do is have your mage cast slow fall on you when you're in the air to avoid fall damage. Also I think there is a spot where you can stand to avoid the knock back.
tenxion

Postby Janduin » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:25 am

pedal2000 wrote:Any suggestions on soloing Geddon? Garr was easy but slow but Geddon just ate me and an 80 mage.

There is a very long thread about this in this very section of the forum which s cryptically titled "How to Solo Baron Geddon as a Paladin." I suggest you read it.

The bottom line is spec prot, wear 415 FR and the rest holy gear, sacred shield gogo.
Janduin

Postby Infernosaint » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:32 am

if you read the lasts posts in that thread, (by me) it is possible to solo geddon as full retri with no FR gear at all... and prot is also easy
If you don't fall over when looking at my zomgawesome stats, i'm in prot or RP gear.
Infernosaint

Postby Seloei » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:59 am

Read through the geddon thread and there was no mention if it is possible to solo him in just your basic prot gear + spellpower mace?
Seloei

Postby Infernosaint » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:57 am

You can do it in full prot gear.
If you don't fall over when looking at my zomgawesome stats, i'm in prot or RP gear.
Infernosaint

Postby Baeric » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:56 am

Infernosaint wrote:You can do it in full prot gear.

I've not tried it this way. Do you eat the infernos or run from them? How long does it take with full prot gear and prot spec?
Baeric

Postby Kerotan » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:58 pm

Just did my first solo MC run on my pally today, had no problems with Garr but struggled with Geddon.

After reading into it a bit I equiped my Healing mace, legs and gloves bringing me to around 1000 SP. Then I tanked him with one of the Core Hound for mana regen with no problems.

But once the Hound died it was touch and go, I kept running out of mana and almost dying, so I guess pulling another Hound for the mana would be nice. Took a while but he died in the end :)
Kerotan

Postby Infernosaint » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:57 am

If you have a decent ret set, i would recommend going with the spec i posted in the geddon thread. (mostly ret) Use ret gear for Geddon.. with Sheat i have 1350+ SP with BoM on me. JotW keeps your mana up, and from there just keep yourself topped. I used SoW/JoW so i could even use consecration. on garr its just the same spec, but with full prot gear.
Infernosaint

Postby Janduin » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:32 am

I don't like respeccing just for Geddon (expensive) so I just wear enough lvl 70 FR gear to get to 415 FR with aura, rest holy gear, standard prot spec. Works fine, just keep sacred shield up. Respeccing probably makes it go faster, but 30-40 minutes is fast enough for me considering I save 100g.
Janduin

Return to General Strats