So tonight's run doesn't look so hot as far as Gluth goes

we have:

Prot Warr
Prot Pally

Holy/disc priest
Resto shaman

Boomkin with next-to-no tank experience, and even less tank gear
Three destro Locks
Two FFB mages (one of the mages is filling in a missing spot, which used to be our previous kiter)

I'm not exactly sure how we'll be able to handle adds. I was thinking the druid could just soak the mortal wounds and I (tankadin) could kite adds, but I'm not entirely sure how effective that would be, especially considering his lack of crit-immune and maybe one piece of feral gear.

The mages aren't particularly keen on kiting, either.

I know I read a story about someone (maybe Dorvan?) kiting adds AND taunting Gluth long enough for the Gluth-tank to lose his debuff. It doesn't seem like we should go into the situation with that in mind (and we'd have to be especially conscious about the devastate timing) but would that be viable, or what else could we do.

We'd prefer not to make our mages respec, especially since one is here to fill a spot.

Thanks for any imput =)
Karnadas

Postby Blackharon » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:41 am

The gluth taunter only needs to hold it for 5 seconds or so if they time it right. The boomkin should be able to handle it.
Blackharon

Postby Lore » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:43 am

Resto shaman kites adds.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Samilyn » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:47 am

Resto Shaman works great. Shocks to pick them up, earthbind to controll and an occasional Frost Nova if things get out of hand.
Samilyn

Postby Blackharon » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:22 am

Lore wrote:Resto shaman kites adds.

Leaving them with one healer for the Gluth tank and whatever the kiter needs when he messes up? I guess I just dont trust my healers enough.
Blackharon

Postby dmok » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:19 am

Blackharon wrote:
Lore wrote:Resto shaman kites adds.

Leaving them with one healer for the Gluth tank and whatever the kiter needs when he messes up? I guess I just dont trust my healers enough.

Just tell your lazy mages to get to it. Mage + earthbind from your shammy = relatively simple kiting of the adds in 10man. With help from hunter traps, you're golden.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Cearn » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:38 pm

Blackharon wrote:The gluth taunter only needs to hold it for 5 seconds or so if they time it right. The boomkin should be able to handle it.

Not even 5 seconds. The refresh is on 4 seconds left so time it right and any class with a taunt and more than 18k life should be able to soak the wound.
So in your case it would be the Moonkin or a Warlock pet.
But seriously, get your mages to kite. It's cake.
Cearn

Postby Belloc » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:54 pm

Cearn wrote:
Blackharon wrote:The gluth taunter only needs to hold it for 5 seconds or so if they time it right. The boomkin should be able to handle it.

Not even 5 seconds. The refresh is on 4 seconds left so time it right and any class with a taunt and more than 18k life should be able to soak the wound.
So in your case it would be the Moonkin or a Warlock pet.
But seriously, get your mages to kite. It's cake.

Warlock pets can't taunt.
Belloc

Postby Seloei » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:45 am

With that raid makeup i'd put the warrior on the boss, you on the adds and have the shaman keep up the totem where the adds spawn.

Once the healers call out that the warrior has too many stacks, a mage runs/blinks to you, frost novas and you taunt the boss/remove the warriors stacks and run back before the zombies reach gluth.

We usually have 1 tank on gluth and a hunter/paladin/warrior taunts him to survive.

hell, you could even have the boomkin drop into bear form, barkskin and taunt. Unless your dps is very slow you should only need one stack removal, he doesnt hit that hard on 10 man.
Seloei

Postby HinataDestiny » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:20 am

Get yourself a nice Ret pally or a DK. They are the best kiters for Gluth adds. The kiting is all about not getting hit because of the debuff and a plate class can survive with one healer upto 40 stacks (I know from experience as a ret kiter)..It is smart to bring 2 kiters so that they can switch off after Decimate and by the time their next kite duty comes they have 0 stacks and can start fresh.
Retired Wowhead since Feb 14th 2009

A4 - Anime Forums - Your Place to Talk Anime

Playing: Halo(Heroic), Halo 2(Heroic), Ill let you know if/when I get to legendary.
HinataDestiny

Postby Fayia » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:01 am

Kited them as warlock...didn't go too well.

Shammy is pretty good, but we had an elemental do it.

So, yeah..mage with totems. Don't suggest hunters as the OP didn't mention he has one...
Fayia

Re: [10]Gluth Add-Kiting question

Postby daemonym » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:45 am

Karnadas wrote:Prot Warr
Prot Pally

let the tanks tank.

Resto shaman

drops earthbind totem around the area where the kiter is working from.

Boomkin with next-to-no tank experience, and even less tank gear

make them help with typhoon. just make sure they don't blow the zombies INTO your kiter.

Three destro Locks

can't really help much on kite duty.

Two FFB mages

2 cone of cold. 2 frost nova. 2 aoe classes for easy pick up (especially with imp. blizzard talent). why are you not making a mage kite? keen or not, they should be kiting, and with this much support, there's no reason it shouldn't be cake for them.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Ana » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:22 am

HinataDestiny wrote:Get yourself a nice Ret pally or a DK. They are the best kiters for Gluth adds. The kiting is all about not getting hit because of the debuff and a plate class can survive with one healer upto 40 stacks (I know from experience as a ret kiter)..It is smart to bring 2 kiters so that they can switch off after Decimate and by the time their next kite duty comes they have 0 stacks and can start fresh.

So I tried kiting this weekend as a ret paladin, but discovered that while it works for a phase or two we (me and the resto shammie) always end up dying. So what exactly are you doing in the back to kite this as a retadin?
Anathematic / Megalomania / Tohuvabohu / Surrealistic
Ana

Postby Explícít » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:49 pm

when i kite them as ret, i just throw on my tank gear which is a mix between tier, naxx, emblem, heroic. i put on rf to make sure aggro isnt ever an issue with the healer getting it. i just run a circle motion from spawn point to wall and divine storm when they are within range and judge to pick up the extra add when it spawn and if they get too close, holy wrath to stun, drop conc, and run back to wall or grab next add w/ judgement. you want to have them as close to the back wall as possible for when it's time to kill them. i don't think i ever saw my health drop below 75% (though i wasn't paying attention to it) doing it in tank gear and never had to worry bout switching to have someone else kite. my guild doesn't have any mages or huntards and we wiped several times til i kited and we one shotted it. now if only my ret set will catch up to my tank gear :/
Explícít

Postby Ana » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:21 am

Thanks.
Anathematic / Megalomania / Tohuvabohu / Surrealistic
Ana

Next

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon