Karazhan - Maiden of Virtue

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Karazhan - Maiden of Virtue

Postby Aergis » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:29 pm

Many people think the Maiden can't be pallytanked, but she can. She has an aoe attack called Holy Ground which silences, but only lasts for a very short time ( 1/2 second? ) and gets reapplied again in the same amount of time. Since pally tanking is only using instant cast spells, it makes no difference, but you need to spam the spells until they go off. She doesn't hit very hard, but does a Holy Fire from the sky which can hurt and has a dot with it.

The big pain is her repentance, but works the same for a pally tank or warrior tank. She stuns everyone in the group for 8 seconds every 30 seconds. A paladin healer can cast blessing of sacrifice on the MT to get kicked out of repent when they take the damage. Make sure that pally wasn't giving you a big buff like kings, since sacrifice will remove it. Any healer can also come into melee range right before the repentance and her holy ground aoe will wake them up to be able to jump back to range and heal.

For the tank, just tank her in the center, spamming every ability you have really fast to make sure it goes off ( you probably wont be noticing when you are silenced and when you aren't as it goes really fast ). When she repents everyone else, be ready with a pot, healthstone, or LoH just in case you get low and no ones up to heal you. Seal of Light can help, but it's not enough to rely on ( though the other melee will like it alot ).
Aergis
Site Admin

Postby Tybalt » Sun May 20, 2007 10:10 pm

I have heard that she will not cast holy fire on people withing melee range (~8 yds). Can anyone confirm this? We're trying to finalize our cleanse/dispel responsibilities, and I would like to know if we need to include the melee DPS on the list.

Thanks!

-Ty
Tybalt

Postby Maulininis » Sun May 20, 2007 11:35 pm

Grounding totems! 2 shamans, G1 left, G2 right. Any warlocks have macros to have their felpups dispel. Thats all ya need.
Maulininis

Postby Lore » Mon May 21, 2007 7:11 am

Tybalt wrote:I have heard that she will not cast holy fire on people withing melee range (~8 yds). Can anyone confirm this? We're trying to finalize our cleanse/dispel responsibilities, and I would like to know if we need to include the melee DPS on the list.

Thanks!

-Ty

She does not Holy Fire people who are within range of her consecration.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Rhastago » Mon May 21, 2007 8:06 am

I don't think anyone can even doubt the fact that paladins can and did tank her, at least not here where I'd assume we've all seen megor's tanking vid :P
Rhastago

Postby Sabindeus » Mon May 21, 2007 8:09 am

I wouldn't doubt it because I tank her all the damn time.

She's just really annoying because you have to spam buttons and prioritize your GCD for Holy Shield. I often don't use Judgment at all during that fight just to save on a GCD.
Sabindeus

Postby Everlight » Mon May 21, 2007 1:44 pm

I tanked her last night for my guild's first Maiden kill. Spam those buttons!
Everlight

Postby Cimzar » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:01 am

We fought Maiden last night, and I had a heck of a time trying to keep track of the different things that needed to be done. Between keeping BoSac up, healing through repentence, and cleasing holy fire, I just couldn't keep up.

Should other people be dealing with the cleansing so I can focus on off-healing and keeping BoSac up? Or are we really supposed to handle both jobs (cleansing and repentence healing)?
Cimzar

Postby Lightskin » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:24 am

I was thinking about recording boss encounters of me tanking the first 9.
Lightskin

Postby adese » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:06 am

Cimzar wrote:We fought Maiden last night, and I had a heck of a time trying to keep track of the different things that needed to be done. Between keeping BoSac up, healing through repentence, and cleasing holy fire, I just couldn't keep up.

Should other people be dealing with the cleansing so I can focus on off-healing and keeping BoSac up? Or are we really supposed to handle both jobs (cleansing and repentence healing)?

On this fight, I let a warrior tank her, and I heal, cleanse, and keep BoSac up. I kept on forgetting BoSac till I made a macro for it:

Code: Select all
/cast [focus] Blessing of Sacrifice
/timer 0:25

(You'll need CT_Timer for the /timer command to work, but you really just need a way for the game to remind you to reapply BoSac.)

I target the player I'm going to cast it on before the fight and type /focus to make them my focus. I use the macro when they get in range once the MT aggros, and reapply it when the timer goes off. I use 25 seconds instead of 30 for the timer so that I have some buffer time to reapply it in case I'm in the middle of a heal, global cooldown, etc.

It makes it much easier to use the focus target for this, or else you end up waisting quite a bit of time targeting the player to cast the spell.
adese

Postby Cimzar » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:46 am

I currently have a macro that goes:

/cast [target=stingling]blessing of sacrifice

Our MT for the fight, obviously, is a drood named Stingling, and this works fine for it (basically works exactly like yours, but i don't have to make them the focus).

My problem is dealing with the holy fire while concentrating on the MT. I have the latest version of Bigwigs, but either it is buggy or I am, because I wind up having to spam my cleanse on all of the party icons to try to find who to cleanse, and then miss the BoSac in my frantic-ness.

More than anything, I just think it is my inexperience with the fight that is causing me problems...and that I have never healed with a paladin before (cept for a one-day stint as holy for a BM run...).

Thanks for the tips though.
Cimzar

Postby adese » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:41 pm

One difference is that I don't concentrate on healing the MT - I generally spot heal the raid. Since I'm looking at the health bars anyway, it's easy for me to see when someone gets the DoT so I can clear it. I found that my timer was enough to help me to remember to keep BoSac up.
adese

Postby Everlight » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:47 pm

The way we do it is a bit weird. We have me MT, button-mashing like a mofo and spamming cleanses whenever I can. I have two healers on me, who do NOT dispel Holy Fires unless they have free time to do it.

We have two raid healers, who focus on dispelling Holy Fire debuffs and raid healing. Anyone with HoTs loads up the MT before a Repentance.

Every Warlock (usually 1-2) leaves a Felhunter out, and assists on dispelling.

Most of the time our composition is similar to the following;

Protection Paladin - MT, partial dispeller
Holy Priest - 1st MH
Resto Druid - 2nd MH
Holy Priest - 1st Raid Healer, Raid Dispeller
Feral Druid - 2nd Raid Healer
Hunter - DPS
Warlock - DPS, Raid Dispeller
Warlock - DPS, Raid Dispeller
Mage - DPS
Fury Warrior - DPS

So that gives us 3.5 dispellers, two raid healers, two main healers, and four healers with HoTs.
Everlight

Postby Ahael » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:06 am

The last time we killed the Maiden, our raid was the following:

Me, Prot Pally - MT
Holy Pally - healer
Resto Shaman - healer
Resto Druid - healer
Feral Druid - healer
Shadow Priest - DPS, dispeller
Hunter - DPS
Warlock - DPS
Feral Druid - DPS
Warrior - DPS

The holy pally healed mostly me, but somehow he never dispelled anything and the priest took care of that (I only noticed that by looking at the fight stats afterwards) :) The lock didn't have his felhunter out either...

But usually we have 2 dispellers, sometimes 3, if I'm healing instead of tanking. I guess the moral of the story is that only one person can take care of the dispels if neccessary ;)
GM of Reilu Meininki - Twilight's Hammer-EU

"A paladin is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."
Ahael

Postby Lightskin » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:52 am

I just tanked her again last night. Easy boss. Just be uncrushable and have Deadly boss mods...its win.
Lightskin

Next

Return to Karazhan