Reckoning

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Postby Kynes » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:09 am

Tronden wrote:I was just looking at some stuff on the ret side of life - and I had put together a somewhat feasable build with reckoning and the rest with ret talents. Not enough points for divine storm... but I don't play ret so I am not sure how essential that is.

Extra swings on a 2-hander with a ret seal on could be pretty powerful, no?

Also, one other thing I was thinking about - reckoning could be useful if it worked with ShoR and HotR. It would be like the ShoR 2-rank abuse, but intentional and all highest rank :-) This and a double HotR would help stack SoV on 3 mobs much faster (not too important for single target but still).

I don't have reckoning in my build... but I did when I was leveling. it was hella good when I had Crusader enchanted on my weapon. That thing procced like CRAZY then. Of course... I was in Stranglethorn Vale at the time... so it didnt mean a thing for anything end game.

Anyhow, I think it could use some love too. having it work with all physical attacks would do it for me. To make it extra OP, I would want it to add +1% hit for each point. +5% hit and double ShoR? mmmmm.... That and its hard as hell to get +hit rating at 30 - which is when the first point could be taken.

Reckoning will proc a 2nd stack of SoV, yes. But it won't work with HotR or ShotR. As well, a ret build loses *way* too much for reckoning, which relies on the ret paladin being hit anyway (which shouldn't be happening). Not worth it.
Kynes of the Nightfall - Darkspear
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ar&n=Kynes

Eversteel used to tank uphill both ways in the snow.
Kynes

Postby leperkhaun » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:27 am

masterpoobaa wrote:The next question is: How can Reckoning be improved/made useful again in raids?

instead of a % chance to get more swings; how about...
% chance to increase weapon delt holy damage? (SoV, HotR) or reduce self dmg done with SoM/SoB?
% chance to increase parry?
Increase expertese and/or hit rating while active?
Increase crit chance on target of pallytank while active? (kinda like a bonus ontop or instead of Heart of the crusader?
Chance to stun/interupt enemy attack/disrupt spell casting?

Or the one i like best - give the pally a % boost to strength for X seconds.

reck seems to have a low proc rate. Maybe increase the proc rate and have the procs deal holy damage so that it can benifit from RF and might be a good option for TPS.
leperkhaun

Postby masterpoobaa » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:38 pm

change it so its a % chance to proc off one of your attacks, rather than an attack against you.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Eanin » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:02 pm

We've been asking for about six point eight billion years that the extra swings be made holy damage. So far, no dice :(.

It's not a terrible talent. It's pretty nice for dps and especially for soloing. However, 3.0 really killed it. It doesn't generate mana in AoE packs anymore (BoSanc does), and we don't use SoR for threat anymore.

It is, however, a nice dps talent, so, if you're like me and like to show up on the dps meters, too, it's worth a look.
Eanin

Postby Domodios » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:18 am

So far that I have found is in AoE tanking when I set a warning when it goes up so that I can spam tab target to spread the seal of corruption stack love around for maintaining aggro. Otherwise it's just a very small strait dps increase proc, but you can nearly count on it for AoE due to getting hit so much. I would venture to say with the new 3.1 talents if it stays in it will have some use as a small burst damage increase.
Domodios

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:39 pm

The question will be whether reckoning will be better than, say, crusade (a straight 3% increase against Humanoid, Undead, Demon, and Elementals), or full SotP.

WTB new trees.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Khayne » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:54 pm

I'd like it to be turned into a "Retaliation chance"

3/6/10% chance when hit to cause immediate counter-attack for 50% of weapon damage as holy damage.

No parries for the people paranoid about them.
No wasted procs when proc overrides another.
Useful on aoe threat too since you'd pretty much hit everything once in a while.
Make it do a small animation too, and i'd be overjoyed to see myself attack and flail everything in sight :D .
Hell, anything to make it viable again =p

Even if nothing else, turn our next 4 melee attacks to holy damage with no chance to be dodged/parried, don't even need extra strikes.

Would be dps increase since we'd ignore armor and enemy couldn't avoid our wrath. Would fit in name too since the time of reckoning is at hand, there'd be no escape.
Khayne

Postby Thegodz » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:23 am

so who else thinks its gay that in the new 3.1 talents we have to take reckoning to get AD
Thegodz

Postby Balerion » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:46 am

Thegodz wrote:so who else thinks its gay that in the new 3.1 talents we have to take reckoning to get AD

If that's the case and MMOChamps trees are accurate, then I think it's pretty disappointing. Reckoning is not a required talent from the prot tree in it's current form and is considered a marginal talent to spend our leftover points on (see many other discussions, but it's a "take it or leave it" talent).

As for Reckoning... I like the idea of having Reckoning deal holy damage so it's affected by our inherent talents/abilities to increase threat via spell damage. Further, I like the concept of making it reactive vs. hits against us (a riposte that hits for a % of weapon dmg) to increase our AOE tanking threat a bit more. These were the two ideas in this thread I found most appealing.

Would the "riposte" idea be overpowering? I don't think so... It's not something that we could use to "snap" aggro instantly on packs. It also would be 'threat generated over time' rather than frontloaded.
Balerion

Postby Levantine » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:14 am

Thegodz wrote:so who else thinks its gay that in the new 3.1 talents we have to take reckoning to get AD

So who else thinks it's hetero that they gutted dual wield specs for Death Knights after specifically saying they wanted both 2h and DW to be viable.
Levantine

Postby Origon » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:16 am

<--, although to be fair, they gutted a few 2h specs, 2h frost and 2h diseaseless blood (Although buffed diseased blood quite a bit)
Origon

Postby Levantine » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:18 am

Origon wrote:<--, although to be fair, they gutted a few 2h specs, 2h frost and 2h diseaseless blood (Although buffed diseased blood quite a bit)

You're missing the point.
Levantine

Postby Origon » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:19 am

Nah, I noticed the point there, just wanted to mention that :P (bored to death at work, 4 more hours of doing absolutely nothing but occupying a chair)
Origon

Postby Levantine » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:20 am

moar wow imo
Levantine

Postby Origon » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:25 am

pretty much everything wow-related is blocked, theres a camera pointed pretty much at my back and part of the monitor (so games / videos are too noticeable), can't VNC out to my home computer for unrestricted internet either, proxy sites all blocked too
Origon

PreviousNext

Return to Basic Training & Talents