Welcome

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Meteor » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:24 am

Hey, been reading these forums for a long time, thought it was finally time to make a profile here.

Little bit about my Char, started off shortly after BC launched and worked my way into a guild and into one of the main tank jobs. Worked through Kara and made it to Mid BT/MH before Wrath hit. With Wrath been main tanking once again and have cleared most 10 and 25 man content.

Always been a fan of the site, has great info, community and insight into everything.

P.S. I might be Canadian
Meteor

Postby Malthrax » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:27 am

Long time lurker, first time poster.

/waves

Malthrax, from Farstriders (a.k.a. Failstriders)
Malthrax

Postby Jutul » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:06 pm

Hello all, long time browser of this site, first time poster, just joined today finally.<p> Joined WoW and started off with a Paladin only a few months after it first came out, to play with friends, been Ret most of the time even during "vanilla" wow. I have specced healing every so often when needed although it was never my favorite, although during wotlk it seems to be a little more fun now. Prot is my fav spec as of late, although I will often toss on my ret gear for 25 mans if another dps is needed (usually in Vault).
Jutul

Postby Jutul » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:06 pm

This site has been great though in helping me get back into tanking after many months off from the game from early Kara through this past December and only playing with my non-alliance toons when some buddies wanted to do major BC endgame raids with my horde shammy.
Jutul

Allo

Postby Halford » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:04 pm

Long time reader, first time poster, HUGE fan of this site and all that it does sooooo well.

This place has helped me repeatedly over the last year.

Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you!

Halford
Halford

Hi

Postby Rummy » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:20 pm

Hi guys n gals,

I only discovered this site about a week ago and I love it.

I played elemental shammy / warlock pre-BC and lvled a holy Pally for BC coz the guild needed more heals.

About half way thru SSC / the eye I quit wow for about 9 months due to family commitments (and then to try on Age of Conan which imo is EPIC PHAIL !!!!!!!!!)

I'm back for wotlk and after lvling to about 73 ret and pugging with a few retarded tanks i decided to give taking a go, and I've gotta say Pally tanking is the shit !!!! :D

We're half way thru Naxx now and i'm MT of our little guild, as you can see from my profile i'm now working on getting block capped and improving hit rating. I'll probably switch from herb to mining in 3.1 once i see how the profs pan out.

If anyones got time to check out my gear/talents etc and suggest any improvements i'd love to hear it

I've trolled wowwiki, allakhazam, elitist jerks, tankspot, tankadin during work hours alot over the last few months but without a doubt maintankadin is now my favourite site. Keep up the good work
Rummy

Postby Miriael » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:59 am

Lurked a long time on this site, thought I'd finally say hello.
Miriael

Postby Kytiahnan » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:29 am

Greetings y'all,

Been mooching these pages for the last coupla days now, and can honestly say that I've picked up more hints and tips than from any other site. ( Allah comes close, but is more generic)

Ain't been tankin that long, but enjoying it immensely- my Pally alt seems to have replaced my Mage main. ( still sometimes hit key bindings for pom pyro).

Hail from sunny (lol) England, n look forward to joining the community.

Catch y'all in a bit.

Kyt
Kytiahnan

Postby Graves » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:41 am

Hi there. I'm Graves and I've been a lurker of these boards for about a month and a half. For the longest time my paladin was on the back burner of my vast array of toons.

After I had a few IRL friends come to the server that both my and my buddy's Alliance toons were on, I decided to start playing her more. I was ret all the way to 80 then found out that nobody out of the five of us had any intention of tanking. So I decided to suck it up and go prot. I've never been happier in all my months of playing the game. We were made to tank and I'll be damned if I go back ret.

God bless everyone who makes these boards what they are for without them, I'd be nothing. Thank you!
Graves

Postby Davinoth » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:42 am

Hello!

I've been visiting and lurking MainTankadin while maintaining my Cheese Empire for well over a year now, figured it's about time to Register! :P

Many thanks go to the Admins and Mods of these forums, not too mention the users. You've all provided me with lots of reading materials... :P

As for my relationship with WoW, I've been playing since beta (Dwarf Mages ftw!) and still love the game and hate Blizzard. :P I've been playing my Paladin for three years or so, two and a half years Prot.

Sadly, I started WotLK later than most, but it's Davinoth of Dark Iron. :)
Davinoth

Postby Xanthira » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:11 am

Alright time for me to say hi.

My boyfriend (Mickaelos) lead me to this site . . . you could say I'm following in his footsteps. Bringing up a pally was kind of his idea, and for a long time I just went with it. Started with leveling as a prot and was fine with it till about 40-45. Couldn't stand all the cursing and cursing that went around my way of tanking, and to be honest I pretty much sucked I think. I switched to heals, and I loved it. Still do. I was a healadin up until 71 when Mick asked me to go back to prot. It didn't' take me long to agree. It was easy leveling as prot. I mean I could heal like there was no tomorrow, but I couldn't level like that. In short I was a good healer but a crappy shockadin. What made it even better was that Mick spent a lot of money one me. Got me the full cobalt set. Oh man did it make things easer. Not to mention he stood behind me all the way. XD we had our arguments and fights, but I guess that's a relationship for you.

Pretty much stayed in the cobalt gear till about 78 when things started getting switched out. Didn't completely get rid of everything till 80. Again though Mick was there for me, and again he spent a lot of money on me. Got me the Titan Steal Helm and Shield. Got the groups ready for me to run threw since I don't care much for pugs. I got the worse luck with them. To be completely honest I hate pugs. I have gotten kicked out of so many that I've lost count. All because when they start criticizing someone (or me) and I stand up for them (or myself) they get pissed off and kick me out. That pretty much did it for me. I stick to the guild runs, but been thinking of getting back in to pugs since not everyone can run all the time. Not to mention I have leader XD.

Still I'm following in my bf's footsteps, and want to be as good if not better than him. I'm starting to love my pally now, and it's thanks to him not giving up on me and pushing me. It took him opening his mouth in our guild, and I've sorta taken over his place in our Naxx raids. On 03-06 I tanked two bosses out of Naxx, and on 03-18 tanked about 2 complete quarters. It was the most fun I ever had. More fun than my dk. What makes it even better is that I'm only defense capped. XD

Health Over 21.1k unbuffered but still squishy
Defense 541
Dodge 17.36%
Parry 15.82%
Block 12.25%

Haha- but I also cheat. I'm an alchemist so Flask of Stoneblood last for four hours (OH YEAAAA!!). I'll probably drop some of my defense gems for stam gems and use my Elixir of Major Defense to cap me. That way I get more health and still be capped. Then I wont be to much of a squishy pin cushion during the raids.

Anywise before I rant to much more. Liked to say hi to all of you.

On more thing XD

I loved to thank my boyfriend Mickaelos for all the help he has given me threw this, and my one goal is to make him proud of me. Don't care about what anyone else says about my tanking ability, but as long as I can make him proud of me that's all I care about.

If i have to choose between loving you, and breathing. I would use my last breath to say I LOVE YOU.
Xanthira

Postby Mickaelos » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:24 am

Since Xanthira mentioned me by name in her welcoming post I thought it would be nice to actually appear on the site as a legit member other than a browser.

Anyhow long time reader, and definitely a person that has sought out help and advice on this site more than once. Now I have tanked on a warrior for a bit back during Vanilla Wow and decided during BC I wanted to give the pally a swing at tanking and have fallen in love with them ever since. Tanked on a prot pally from lvl 1 to lvl 80, went through some of the vanilla wow, main tanked for Kara and ZA, and off tanked for a hyjal and one bt-a couple of times after the nerf to those raids. Ran through every heroic instance at 80, (I particulary hate Heroic Old Kingdom since it exploits what I believe a prot pallies weakness).

During wrath I have mained tanked for our guild throughout Naxx except for some areas. Thats pretty much it.
Mickaelos

Re: Welcome

Postby Mandigal » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:24 am

Hello!

I'm Maciej, I'm from Poland. I created my first wow acc in 2006, but after my trial time expired I decided to give up with wow. Honestly I didin't really want this, as I knew it was gonna end in another addiction. Well.. after some time my rl pack of friends started playing and they were so evil not to give me too much choice and eventually I got hooked in (June 2008) so... here I am, finally posting. :D

When I was oryginaly going to give it a try, I wanted to play human mage. But... first thing that happen, my firend was horde, so I picked undead(not like I don't like UD, I love them and Tirisfal). Second thing, when I was like lvl8 things started to bore me, so I quit.
When I got back in 2008 I rolled paladin and everything changed. My true love thrived. That was retribution paladin which I leveled to level 54 and that was quite high level for me back then :P, but I decided to move to another server in order to play with much more rl friends and start over.
So I ended on EU Burning Steppes server with my humbly growing paly (horde, prot since level 1, currently level 78). As my alt char I rolled also paladin. People ask questions and wonder. Well... I'm at privileged stage of the game that alow me to enjoy leveling, especially playing paladin, so I see no reason why not to roll him again. My first one is going to serve me as tank/holy, second one which I play from time to time, just for fun, eventually will be my pve dps/pvp char :) Thanks to dual spec.
I see a lot of people treating leveling as some kind of boring necessity, which I understand, but I think this is a bad thing! Some day I may become that kind of player too, everything eventually start to bore, but as long as I enjoy questing and leveling I will do so!

I'm a kind of guy who, before doing something, like to know things, so I was googling a lot of stuff I needed, mostly about items, quests and sometimes talent builds and theretical stuff. I also used blizzard forums to find recommended sources of knowledge. One way or another I found Maintankadin. I've been luring here for quite a while, hungry for datazzz. I think this is the best source of information about paladin tank.

Today I decided to register. Unfortunetaly, as a newbie (both in gameplay and in theorycrafting) I propably won't be able to improve this board with usefull information, but at least I can let you know I'm here sneaking for dataz and tell you guys that you are great and you are doing huge chunk of a good job :D.

Cheers.

/edit
One more thing guys. Tell me if these home-made wings, a cheap imitatins of the oryginal ones, won't bring shame to maintankadin. I didin't want just to steal them from someones avatar or something, so I made mine in paint :D.
PS. I am aware of the fact my English isn't perfect, thank you for understanding.
Please keep crying, your tears make excellent polish for my prot gear.
Tank you.
Mandigal

Postby Eadel » Fri May 01, 2009 7:31 am

Finally time for me to introduce myself.

I've been reading the forum for ... one year maybe, registered last september, but since English isn't my native language I never had the guts to step in one conversation.

A fellow tankadin introduced me to those new forums, at the time I played a Holy priest. Then, by reading the forum you guys made me fancy the prot pally, and there I am, a maintankadin in some random raiding guild !

I really enjoy all this, you guys made me really enjoy the game as a paladin, and keep up the good mood in this excellent board !
Prot/Ret paladin - 80 - Ad Noctem - EU - Confrérie du Thorium
Eadel

Postby argentevenin » Tue May 12, 2009 2:08 pm

HI!
I've been registered for a long time but very rarely posted or even browsed and thought I'd say hi.
I currently don't play WoW but still browse because I have nothing else to fill spare time + Im proberly going to be going back to WoW soon.
ssc: 6/6 TK: 4/4 BT: 6/9 MH: 5/5
R.I.P the firm :<
argentevenin

PreviousNext

Return to General