Remove Advertisements

Patchwerk and AD

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Patchwerk and AD

Postby Racolus » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:25 pm

Lastnight I went to raid with my guild against Patchwerk.

Yeah he hit hard so and so and stuff. After we downed him, I found my AD proced.....27 times, yep, the DA (death avoided) said 27.

I'm the OT along with 2 more, my gears are a mixture of 10/25 Naxx, 37K health (FRB), 47% avoidance (FRB), block capped along with 1k BV.

Is it only me...or Tankadin goes wrong?
Racolus

Postby Kynes » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:41 pm

It's quite possible AD saved you 27 times, especially if you're not overgearing the fight.
Kynes of the Nightfall - Darkspear
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ar&n=Kynes

Eversteel used to tank uphill both ways in the snow.
Kynes

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:04 pm

Actually probably not. If you are in AD range and you are the OT, getting hit by another hateful will kill you. If you have 37k health, you'll be in AD range at 13000, but patch's hatefuls hit for well over 20k, and 70% of even 20k is that is still 14k.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Levantine » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:04 pm

I can definitely see AD saving you that many times on Patches.
Levantine

Postby Wolvar » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:17 pm

AD mitigates 30%, Righteous fury mitigates 6%, BOS mitigates 3%, Shield of the Templar mitigates 3%.

So yeah it's possible... but 27 times is a LOT to be at 1-2k health.
Wolvar

Postby Racolus » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:21 pm

I was thinking the same like Frid.

I should be 'leap frogged' instead of having AD saved me 27 times, although it is hard to tell with losa healing going on and stuff.

What I can think of are:

1) Have they changed the way that AD works? Like the hit which will makes you below 35% will have AD already kicked in?

2) Are the 'pre-healings' when you are down to 35% counted against the next hateful strike so you can survive?

3) Simply Tankadin2 is bugged?

Did anyone has Tankdin2 installed and yield similar results?
Racolus

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:05 am

Racolus wrote:I was thinking the same like Frid.

I should be 'leap frogged' instead of having AD saved me 27 times, although it is hard to tell with losa healing going on and stuff.

What I can think of are:

1) Have they changed the way that AD works? Like the hit which will makes you below 35% will have AD already kicked in?

2) Are the 'pre-healings' when you are down to 35% counted against the next hateful strike so you can survive?

3) Simply Tankadin2 is bugged?

Did anyone has Tankdin2 installed and yield similar results?

Mathematically it's incredibly unlikely since at your max AD range, a hateful will leapfrog your remaining health nearly every time. It could be some sort of lag issue, or just a bug with the addon.

You said you had 37k health, that puts your max AD range at 12950. For a hit to leapfrog that, it has to do 18,500 damage, after all of your other mitigation. Looking at our last WWS with a warrior tanking, you would not have survived any of the hatefuls he took, even if I consider you having 3000 BV and blocking all of them.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby MrDuck » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:17 am

It's something with the addon. I offtanked him once, and on every hateful that landed (i was topped before it hits) it yelled it saves my arse. Which is obviously impossible.
MrDuck

Postby amh » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:26 am

Mine "saved" me every time I got into AD-range, without taking any more hits before being topped off. That spam got annoying real quick.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Racolus » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:24 am

Meh, on one hand I think it is too good to be true.

On the other hand, somehow, I wish it is, so I can go out and say 'AD really kick a$$!'

*sigh*
Racolus

Postby majorwoo » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:00 am

I've always been under the impression that tankadin claimed AD saved you when it hadn't (related to how the calculation was done) - I thought I saw a thread on that somewhere back in BC, though maybe this was fixed?
Despite all my rage, I am still just a Paladin Tank.
majorwoo

Postby Wolvar » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:17 am

Racolus wrote:Meh, on one hand I think it is too good to be true.

On the other hand, somehow, I wish it is, so I can go out and say 'AD really kick a$$!'

*sigh*

You shouldn't have to sing the praises of AD. If the tooltip description doesn't convince people that it's one of the best mitigation talents we have.. then nothing will.
Wolvar

Postby Sarutankah » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:14 pm

That absolutely fails on some boss fights and excels when we are tanking... trash.

Any hit that takes you under the ad threshold should have the "extra" amount mitigated by ad.
Sarutankah

Postby knaughty » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:31 pm

Sarutankah wrote:That absolutely fails on some boss fights and excels when we are tanking... trash.

You're wrong.

There are a monumental number of threads and posts as to why.

Troll elsewhere.
Any hit that takes you under the ad threshold should have the "extra" amount mitigated by ad.

A calculator would be your friend. Then you'd be able to work out that your version of AD amounts to 10.5% extra EH for 5 talent points.

Except, it would actually be even better, due it being mitigation instead of heath, and thus synergising with block.

Overpowered much?
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby guillex » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:23 am

Knaughty wrote:
Sarutankah wrote:That absolutely fails on some boss fights and excels when we are tanking... trash.

You're wrong.

There are a monumental number of threads and posts as to why.

Troll elsewhere.

Watch your tone Knaughty.

Post an example, not "you're wrong." You know the rules. Be constructive.

Póg mo thóin
guillex

Next

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon