Remove Advertisements

Glory of the Hero

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Vanifae » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:50 pm

Down to three now, Make it Count, Ruby Void, and Emerald Void.

Should be a fun two days :)
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Worldie » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:59 pm

For Emerald void you should definitively go 5 ambers.

Amber Void is easily done by a combination of Rubys and Emeralds.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Infernosaint » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:30 am

Or 5 ruby with an unmounted healer.. unless they fixed that.. adds die instantly, and the orbs in banish phase dont go for the healer. I did 5 amber and 5 ruby next day.. and then soloed as emerald.. which HAS been fixed now..
If you don't fall over when looking at my zomgawesome stats, i'm in prot or RP gear.
Infernosaint

Postby Cearn » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:47 am

Infernosaint wrote:Or 5 ruby with an unmounted healer.. unless they fixed that.. adds die instantly, and the orbs in banish phase dont go for the healer. I did 5 amber and 5 ruby next day.. and then soloed as emerald.. which HAS been fixed now..

Even in 3.0.8 Arcane Barrage 2 hits any unmounted healers.
Cearn

Postby Infernosaint » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:07 am

yes? Heal it :P
If you don't fall over when looking at my zomgawesome stats, i'm in prot or RP gear.
Infernosaint

Postby Elsie » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:18 am

I've been at Make It Count, Amber Void, Experienced Drake Rider, and Red Void for... 2-3 weeks. Of course, that's really "Two" achievements since 3 of them will be done with "all green."

To get Green Void:
The EASIEST method is 3 reds 2 bronze. People will say 5 ambers, but 5 ambers is Very, Very RNG. It is also succeptible to -any- sort of lag. Using this method, the three red drakes tank in an order and time stop is used at the start and during frenzy.

Bronze Drakes:
Bronze Drake 1: Use Time Stop at the start for free DPS time. Begin to channel. At 10 stacks, wait for Drake 2 to channel. Shoot, and channel.
Bronze Drake 2: Use Time Stop at a frenzy. Shoot till Drake 1 is at 10 charges. Channel. When Drake 1 uses a 10 stack shoot, you will immediately have 10 stacks. Shoot once he begins to channel.
Kite Phase
Repeat
Special: The bronze drakes hinge on coordination of Not shooting your 10 stack bolt till the other is channeling. This is very important or else there's no point in the bronze drake at all. If the rotation is screwed up, then whoever misfired should channel again. The high damage from red drakes will easily make up for it.

Red Drakes:
Red Drake 1: Keep Martyrdom up and use Evasive Maneuvers as much as possible. Continue to 20-25% HP
Red Drake 2: Do what Red Drake 1 does after he is at 20-25% HP.
Red Drake 3: You probably won't need to, but repeat the above.

Special: All red drakes should target random adds when he spawns them. This down two things. Firstly, adds give red drakes an incredible amount of evasive manuever charges. Secondly, the red drake attack works as an inverse-chain lightning. That is, Target 1 takes 100% damage, and the damage is increased every time it is chained to a new add. In a sense, this is actually more damage than the Bronze Drake. Since all three red drakes are ideally targetting different adds, all the adds will still die extremely quickly. Furthermore, the blasts will chain to the boss doing a ton more damage. Your evasive manuever charges will also increase dramatically.

The 5 amber strategy involves a lot of luck. It is also probably about 30-90 seconds faster. However, the 3 red / 2 amber strategy is a lot more foolproof. The initial amber will almost always hold threat, but martyrdom lasts 10 seconds with a 10 second Cool Down - so it's up 99% the time. We did this with ~3 Bronze Drake screw ups of "early shoots before a channel" and still only had 1 frenzy/add phase per Kite phase.
Elsie

Postby Elsie » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:27 am

dehydration - is there a certian % that the boss spawns the adds at? since the crystals have a delay it would be a lot easier to get a heads up when to hit one. and when they enrage, do the adds stop coming?

The trick to this boss is to not dps him. This is basically like the second boss of heroic Magister's Terrace - too much dps too fast and you lose. The trick is that every "add phase" the adds spawn closer to him. So the third "explosion" where melee get knocked back requires either 1) quick crystal use 2) ranged DPS to focus on where the boss is since two or three spawn nearly on top of him or 3) melee dps to be up against a wall so they are not knocked away and can kill them.

watch him die - now that you can't kite, do you just have 1 tank on the boss and 1 on the 3 watchers and have them separated as much as possible to the boss tank n dps don't get wrapped? can the web wraps be out ranged? i don't see how you can do this one without kiting as if your healer or add tank gets wrapped it's game over right then.

He is still kitable. If the Kiter goes immune or invisible then they despawn. I simply had two groups misdirected to me and Avenger's Shielded the third. I kited them over a frost trap (first slow). When they caught up, I used the Engineering Boots to rocket out the way. When they caught up at the door, I used Divine Shield, and then finally LOH/holy wrath. We won before I was dead with a DPS DK tanking.
-Holy Paladin, Unholy DK, Shadow Priest, Hunter (BM), Protection Paladin.
-HIGHLY unoptimized group for this, barring the Hunter.
-Speed Potions would also work. Earthbind would be welcomed too.

respect your elders - is the range between 1 side and the other of this room far enough for the immunity to go away? can 1 healer keep the add tank and boss tank alive without serious issues?

The immunity is about distance. 1 healer (or elemental shaman) can keep an unholy DK up with ease. The immunity is about distance, so you can technically kite him outside of his area a ways and leave 2 good ol' boys in there to hold the guardians.

hadranox denied - aoe all the spiders down then kite the boss around so the adds that comes don't get killed by the poison he does, this how to do it?

Simply tag him as he comes up and let all the adds kill him. If you take him very early, he will "evade reset" with you as primary tagger and they will do the work for you. Then you simply AoE down the spiders that were attacking him (holy wrath / consecrate / lol).
Elsie

Postby Vanifae » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:34 am

For Dehydration the easy way is to use the security switches on the wall when he breaks apart. Just have a ranged move to a different one at each split phase and the Achievement is cake.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Seloei » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:59 am

4 reds + 1 healer worked a few days ago. That would be the easiest way to get amber + ruby void. If you are having a hard time, get a paladin he can bubble through the first banish phase and if there are bombs near him, bubble as it is about to end etc.

Make it count is a speed race, get some good dps and just plough through the instance, 2 red, 2 green, 1 amber and the amber channels until 10 stacks and blows it. 1 red on adds, one on the boss greens heal who needs healing etc.
Seloei

Postby majorwoo » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:44 pm

Worldie wrote:For Emerald void you should definitively go 5 ambers.

Amber Void is easily done by a combination of Rubys and Emeralds.

5 ambers works, but this is far easier.

Red - Your healer
Red - x1
Yellow - x3

Engage boss right over the platform where the chest is. Healer gets aggro and tanks till his drake dies. Lands on platform and heals red drake #2 (Drake #2, not player 2 as drake takes the damage). Red keeps up martyrdom since a yellow will have agro.

Incidentally you can do 5 greens and just kite him in a circle the whole time (remember poison stacks on whelps heal you too) giving you amber/red void in one run.

I only have one left for my proto, to do it in 20 minutes without someone DC'ing or being dumb. Curse myself and my stupid refusal to do the normal dragon/reset bug.
Despite all my rage, I am still just a Paladin Tank.
majorwoo

Postby Loras » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:28 am

Question for Make It Count:

We're doing this 1 red 2 ambers 2 greens. Really can't see the use of 2 reds, as adds die from the chain fire within 3 sec anyway. BUT - what we had most problems with - drakes disappearing from inventory on death.
Now... Some people report having them AFTER a res. During one of my runs a mage died, we CR-ed him and the drake disappeared. Now, can anyone say for SURE (101%) when and why the drake disappears from your inventory and when and why it stays? Would save a lot of time after those accidental deaths during bosses...
Loras

Postby Belloc » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:51 am

Had your combat res'd friend already released? If so, that's the cause.

Releasing and then receiving a resurrection tends to erase items like this (and the Tears on Archimonde).
Belloc

Postby Loras » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:34 pm

Really can't say as I don't remember... So you mean a normal OR combat res on anyone who HAS released will result in the removal of the drake item from inventory, while ressing one who HAS NOT released will keep the item in the inventory? If that's the case, would be awesome, as it will cut off the dilemmas "to release and run while you fight or wait for a res".

P.S. Achievements for which you need to wait 1 day if you fail ftl :roll:
Loras

Postby Kelaan » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:00 pm

Loras wrote:Achievements for which you need to wait 1 day if you fail ftl :roll:

I kinda agree; I wish we could re-run heroics, and if it were reset that way, it'd have no money, XP, loot, or badges drop... but still be able to try achievements.
Kelaan

Postby Vanifae » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:56 pm

5 Amber Drakes is pretty damn hard, but we did it.

Not extreme coordination but it's tough a little luck too if you can get him to not spawn any whelps.

I just gotta Make it Count now.
Vanifae

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats