How to Solo Baron Geddon as a Paladin

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Krazy » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:22 am

Tropicana wrote:First binding off Geddon today, yay!

Bah...I've killed them both every week since the start of WotLK (hit 80 three days after launch) and still nada...

Guess there's still hope knowing the bindings can drop even now.
Krazy

Postby Infernosaint » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:02 pm

Ok, i would really like to know how much it takes to kill this guy at lvl 80.. I have a Pretty good prot set and a great Raid retri set, and green FR gear.. what whould be easiest?
If you don't fall over when looking at my zomgawesome stats, i'm in prot or RP gear.
Infernosaint

Postby Titanshammer » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:42 pm

WTB Geddon Binding PST... I been soloing Garr since ZA came out and was 3 manning Geddon every week too. 2 weeks ago Garr dropped his first binding after 43 solo kills. Geddon has still yet to drop his or anything rare...
Titanshammer

Postby Tropicana » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:47 pm

Infernosaint wrote:Ok, i would really like to know how much it takes to kill this guy at lvl 80.. I have a Pretty good prot set and a great Raid retri set, and green FR gear.. what whould be easiest?

Ret is easiest for me. 8/5/58.
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sxhZ0xZVfbx0IufMsguAo
I never wear FR gear, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt. 2-3 pieces of holy gear, puts me about 1200-1300 SP. Also been killing him since I hit 80, shortly after expansion release. I've died once, from an unlucky bomb crit+melee crit.

WTB Geddon Binding PST... I been soloing Garr since ZA came out and was 3 manning Geddon every week too. 2 weeks ago Garr dropped his first binding after 43 solo kills. Geddon has still yet to drop his or anything rare...

Greetings from my bank :twisted:
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 109ht8.jpg
Tropicana

Postby Infernosaint » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:32 pm

As i dont really have any holy gear, ill be trying without.. i think i have 1300 Spell power with might on.. I'll se how it goes.. gotta take Garr first :P is that possible as ret now?

What would you think of this spec? http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sxhZ0xVZErbx0IucMsgzuo

It's just your spec, but with some DPS talents changed for 10% avoidance.. so if i slap on my Prot gear on Garr, and Retri gear on Geddon with this same spec.. think it would work..?
If you don't fall over when looking at my zomgawesome stats, i'm in prot or RP gear.
Infernosaint

Postby Tropicana » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:04 pm

Worth a shot, I haven't tried garr as ret in prot gear, but I might try next week (tomorrow) with that spec, looks interesting.
Tropicana

Postby Infernosaint » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:26 pm

Yeah, that's my point.. you dont loose anything that important if you have the avoidance/BV without "Redoubt".. and since it was doable at 70, it should be doable at 80 with a gimped spec..
Infernosaint

Postby Infernosaint » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:30 am

Ok.. just reporting in.. Used the spec.. Took Garr easily and fast in tank gear, and Geddon in 90%ret 10%tank..

so no need to change spec or anything. :) no bindings.. but oneshot on my first try ever :)
Infernosaint

Postby viperas » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:22 am

Ive been reading this thread for a while and still Baron gives me trouble. I have tried with pure tank spec and with the hybrid ret/prot spec that only goes down to art of war and the mana on judge talent in ret. Destroyed Magmadar, and the 1st naga boss (sounds like lucifer, horrible with names sorry) and garr is a joke.

But as soon as I hit baron I get whooped. I have a tank set with ~21k hp unbuffed and 541 def: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Viperajs

I also have a ret set that is meh. Mostly reputation items with a titansteel mace.

What would be the general consensus here as for easiest way to bring this guy down? Any help is very much appreciated.
viperas

Postby Panzerdin » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:24 am

Still Mystakal's strategy, judge/seal light if you're having that much of a problem, and a little FR won't hurt if you can get it. And make sure to cleanse yourself of the mana burn.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby viperas » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:35 am

forgot to mention that I have ~300 FR from northrend greens. Ill try to get a bit more and follow his strat and try again
viperas

Postby Panzerdin » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:42 am

That'll be fine. Whack FR on though. What's killing you?
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby viperas » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:58 pm

Well when I go in as full tank spec I go OOM too quick.

When I go in as the ret/prot hybrid I take too much dmg and seem to have to heal too much. Though I haven't tried to use the ret spec recomended in this thread. I am going to try that next and bring all 3 sets with me (healing, ret, and prot) and try some different combination till I get it right.
viperas

Postby Erutaron » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:04 pm

I tried this the other day..... kinda winging it after reading thru this thread quickly.

Only FR i had was Aura, I tried in Full tanking gear (mostly Naxx10), I ran OOM and got rocked. Secondly I tried in my healing gear with FR Aura, and while I didn't go OOM, I was doing very little dmg, and was taking a lot of dmg...

I am going to go pick up some the FR gear, my main questions is how much is enough at 80? Should I do this in Ret Gear, Holy Gear, Prot gear, or a mix of sets?
Erutaron

Postby Kerotan » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:47 pm

I managed to do Geddon with FR aura, three pieces of healing gear (PvP gloves with the +crit on FoL for example) and the rest tanking gear.

I just ate the aoe and had a Hound beating on me to get mana regen. Was a pretty stable fight till the Hound died.
Kerotan

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats