Remove Advertisements

Sartharion 3Drake addtank problem

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Sartharion 3Drake addtank problem

Postby Fearaldra » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:13 pm

Hey guys,

I´ve got a big problem while tanking those adds of sartharion.

Our setup is :

1 Warrior for Sart
1 Druid for Drakes
Me and a Deathknight for the adds.

99% of the time it looks like...

fire elemental spawns > lavawave > fire elemental hits a priest > 1hitkill or
2hit

I try to use concersation on CD but the area of effect isn´t huge enough to match the hole ground so it´s impossible to catch the adds of those people who stay outside ( 15+ ppl ).And most of the time 1 or 2 concersation hits aren´t enough to keep the healtreat so the elementals an drake move through my concersation and don´t care it.

I asked my leader if we can stay close together but he told me it´s impossible because of the void zones and the healrange 4 MT.

What can i do ?

If i need more then 2 sec ppls die and my concersation need to tick 3 or 4 times to bind the mobs and i can´t taunt them all with sotr or taunt because of the cooldown.

BTW: I don´t have any problems with the lavawalls or those void zones so don´t care about that ^^
Fearaldra

Postby Skeezy » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:41 pm

You've got a very strange tank set-up going there, I would say you need to shuffle your roles.

I'd put the DK on sarth, unless your feral has all the Frost resist gear.
You on Drakes, and the warrior on Adds, the extra tank helping on adds.

Warriors ability to intervene/charge and taunt w/o a CD, is pretty priceless. Plus TClap and Shockwave can mitigate a lot of damage.

Not saying you can't do it, but when I do it, a priest always seems to take a hit, and if its a bad spawn, at a bad time, it's likely going to end with them face down, its just a difficult task. I tend to keep my consecrate down by the highest threat healer, for me it seems to be a priest, and besides if a paly gets it, atleast they wear plate. You'll almost always have your taunts on CD, both of them.
Skeezy

Postby Fearaldra » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:06 pm

Hmm about our tanks :

Me 41k HP buffed 6k TPS
Druid 46k HP buffed 5k TPS
Warrior 44k HP buffed 5k TPS
Deathknight 36k HP buffed 2-3k TPS

Warrior 33k Buffed 2-3k TPS *substitute*

so i don´t think it´s so good to let our DK tank tank sart :/

But we will try :) thanks 4 the answer
Fearaldra

Postby kram » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:28 pm

Just try and keep consc in the middle near the portal, I always try to drop consc just before a flame wall to try and pick up the random ones that spawn in the wave. With 2 tanks on adds you shouldnt have a problem keeping them off healers with 4 taunts between the two of you. If you really dont have a taunt up and see one that you know needs to be picked up right away toss AS at it, the daze isnt really fun on that fight though.
kram

Postby Frickit » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:24 am

Fearaldra wrote:Hmm about our tanks :

Me 41k HP buffed 6k TPS
Druid 46k HP buffed 5k TPS
Warrior 44k HP buffed 5k TPS
Deathknight 36k HP buffed 2-3k TPS

Warrior 33k Buffed 2-3k TPS *substitute*

so i don´t think it´s so good to let our DK tank tank sart :/

But we will try :) thanks 4 the answer

your dk needs better gear...your druid should be MT. Warrior should be on adds. You should be on drakes....

having said that, my guild has TWO geared warrior tanks on drakes and me soloing adds so good luck trying to get through
Frickit

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon