Remove Advertisements

Glory of the Hero, Difficulty analysis

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Belloc » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:45 am

Senador wrote:For Share the Love, by far the easiest way we found to do it was with 2 Paladins in the group.

First of all, he only Impales while a Rhino and only twice per phase. They are entirely timer based, so you can sit there and fight him almost indefinately.

We normally go for Share the Love specifically to do that achievement, so we bring one DPS that has enough tank gear to hold the boss a bit. With 2 Paladins, you do this.

Offtank pulls boss and tanks it.

Boss transforms, You (Prot Paladin) BoP a DPS. Your other Paladin Bubbles themself, and then BoPs whoever is left. This makes it so the that only you do not have BoP or Bubble. The boss will always Impale you then. After Impale you taunt the boss, and your healer doesn't have to deal with the lower geared tank anymore.

You can then simply wait until your BoPs and Bubble from the other Paladin are back up to help "Force" his Impales in the direction you want them to go to if he hasn't decided to cooperate by then.

We did have issues with people dieing and it not counting, similarly I think we had an issue with FD as well, but as this is about as far from a DPS race as possible, you shouldn't need those agro resets.

I recall hearing that he will impale the person 2nd closest in range to him. In other words, if the MT is tanking, everyone could just back off and have one person stand in between the MT and the other 3.

Not sure if that's a fact, but it's what I'm going to try when I go for the achievement.
Belloc

Postby Senador » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:55 am

As far as I know, it's random. As I've had a paladin standing off in the corner get impaled while the rest of the group was clearly closer.

However, the distance you are from him determines how much you take from the impale (AKA if you are all the way accross the room and he impales you, it'll 1 shot you).
Senador

Postby daemonym » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:16 pm

Senador wrote:For Share the Love, by far the easiest way we found to do it was with 2 Paladins in the group.

First of all, he only Impales while a Rhino and only twice per phase. They are entirely timer based, so you can sit there and fight him almost indefinately.

We normally go for Share the Love specifically to do that achievement, so we bring one DPS that has enough tank gear to hold the boss a bit. With 2 Paladins, you do this.

Offtank pulls boss and tanks it.

Boss transforms, You (Prot Paladin) BoP a DPS. Your other Paladin Bubbles themself, and then BoPs whoever is left. This makes it so the that only you do not have BoP or Bubble. The boss will always Impale you then. After Impale you taunt the boss, and your healer doesn't have to deal with the lower geared tank anymore.

You can then simply wait until your BoPs and Bubble from the other Paladin are back up to help "Force" his Impales in the direction you want them to go to if he hasn't decided to cooperate by then.

We did have issues with people dieing and it not counting, similarly I think we had an issue with FD as well, but as this is about as far from a DPS race as possible, you shouldn't need those agro resets.

so are the durations of bop and bubble long enough for him to be guarenteed impale 2 people (assuming you don't get hit with it first)? also, i take it that he cannot impale the same person twice in a row while they're still hanging up there.

Lore wrote:We never killed him using the reset strategy. First, to be sure you understand what heals him: the adds are actually doing damage to him, it's the poison volley that heals him. We've had the most success with just aggroing him (to stop him from webbing the doors), letting the adds beat on him until he drops around 70%, then blowing cooldowns and just burning him down before he heals up.

ya i know it's the poison (and thus dying adds) that heal him, but is it an aoe spell he casts, an aura, or a puddle of goop he drops on the ground you can kite him away from? also i'm going in with the assumption that i will not be using consecration which will likely kill half the adds and heal him for a ton.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Senador » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:30 pm

so are the durations of bop and bubble long enough for him to be guarenteed impale 2 people (assuming you don't get hit with it first)? also, i take it that he cannot impale the same person twice in a row while they're still hanging up there.

No. He will let the first person off the impale before he does it again, and it exceeds both the duration of BoP and Divine Shield. All it does is force one of the two to where you want it to go.

He can indeed impale the same person multiple times in a row. It is very annoying.

The reason we do this, is so that the weaker offtank only has to hold the boss until the first impale then I can pick it up from there as I'll have already been impaled. After this we sit and wait for him to impale. Sometimes we get lucky and the next four impales each hit someone else. Other times we're sitting there for 10 minutes or so until he decided to impale that one person.
Senador

Postby Seloei » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:22 am

best way to do share the love is with 2 tanks but we got it one night with a ret paladin strapping on a shield and taunting when his in rhino, when he got out i taunted him back and if anyone except him/me/healer got it, we just let them die to reduce the chance of 1/5 to 1/3

the easiest way how to get amber and emerald void is having 4 reds and the healer standing on the middle platform healing the drakes. a holy pala makes it easy mode since if he dies in the 20% phase you can finish off the boss without dieing still.

Ruby void however is only possible now with 5x amber drakes, since with greens you can't outheal the whelps damage that build up and ambers have almost no aoe attacks and killing the adds will mean you have so so many chances of failing due to a misplaced timestop during mini-enrages.

We used a 3/2 tactic however, to make it more "safe". 2 start to channel, other 3 shoot away until the 8s mark when the first timestop goes off. The other 3 channel and the first 2 shoot. Then rotate it around as usual. "me+healer on one side, 3 dps on the other side of the drake. If you see beams from our side, shoot and vice versa".
Having 2 channelers on one side just makes it more safer due to the fact that he likes to shoot the alone one in the 4/1 tac. Still, it's a very precise fight and even 1 mistake will mean a wipe.

Make it count however is doable with a good group and you'l have lots of time left (4min+ if the dps is naxx 10/25 geared). (2 green, 2 red, 1 amber, amber only keeps up the buff or he gets agro)

Also, for less rabi you can easily reach 15k+ dps if you bring in 4 dps classes and you. I've hit 2.4k dps in "BV maxed" gear in there with bloodlust + warrior + ret pala.
It takes him about 30-35 seconds to kill you, including a quake if you have atleast 1.5k block value and keep holy shield up and with 4 dps you burn him to 20% in the first 20s.
Last time i tried it with a mage, quite sure he used the ability about 5s after he did the first but going to just to try to interupt him for ~15 minutes to see what the timer/lockouts are.

btw, what group composition did you use for it? mage+spriest+lock+resto sham + prot pala?

edit: based on a comment post patch on wowhead they proved that he has a 10s retry if his at 51%+ health an 5s retry at <50%.
Seloei

Postby daemonym » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:48 am

Seloei wrote:Having 2 channelers on one side just makes it more safer due to the fact that he likes to shoot the alone one in the 4/1 tac. Still, it's a very precise fight and even 1 mistake will mean a wipe.

this is very true, me and some friends decided to give it a go on reg mode just for practice (especially since 2 of us never did the place ever). we were going with 4/1 with me as the single. and yes, i was always the first to die, sometimes very early also from him loving on me and not hitting anybody else. we all stripped to our skivvies so we wouldn't have a 50g repair bill in 15 minutes, which was good because we wiped 5 times. but we eventually got our timing down and we killed him in virtually no time.

all 5 of us were on vent and we had me calling out the attack/channel rotations. we were having issues previously because of this so i simplified the calls to me just saying "<i attack and channel> one, three! <i attack and channel> one, three!" with one other person in charge of calling out for time stops. but then instances got fubar and couldn't try this on heroic. just takes a small amount of practice (took us about 20 mins to get our timing from terribad to perfect) but once you get it, it's pure cake.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Seloei » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:30 am

Failed less rabi again, we had a mage+elem+ret+hunter+me and interupted all the time, waited until 51% mage interupted that, 5s later, BAM, transform "ok, maybe we got him under 50% that time".
took him to 60%, mage interupted. 5s later BAM! transform.

He had improved counterspell aswell which "should" have interupted for 10s but it didn't. Mages no longer can counterspell to give you a "bigger window" to burn him :/

Later today we went again, but with 2x enh shaman, ret, hunter, me. Got him to 1% when he transformed since BL was on cooldown and he died from SoV dots. 2x Reverbation shamans interupted 2 less than a second casts but failed the last one which was probably 0.1 or 0.2s cast time.

This is one stupid achievement which requires no skill just pure darn luck because he wasn't doing the interupts EXACTLY after 5s but 5.5 or 4.5s since sometimes the shamans were off cooldown and sometimes it wasn't finished. (Reverbation shamans have 5s cooldown on their wind/earth shocks)
Seloei

Postby Belloc » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:38 am

Seloei wrote:Failed less rabi again, we had a mage+elem+ret+hunter+me and interupted all the time, waited until 51% mage interupted that, 5s later, BAM, transform "ok, maybe we got him under 50% that time".
took him to 60%, mage interupted. 5s later BAM! transform.

He had improved counterspell aswell which "should" have interupted for 10s but it didn't. Mages no longer can counterspell to give you a "bigger window" to burn him :/

Later today we went again, but with 2x enh shaman, ret, hunter, me. Got him to 1% when he transformed since BL was on cooldown and he died from SoV dots. 2x Reverbation shamans interupted 2 less than a second casts but failed the last one which was probably 0.1 or 0.2s cast time.

This is one stupid achievement which requires no skill just pure darn luck because he wasn't doing the interupts EXACTLY after 5s but 5.5 or 4.5s since sometimes the shamans were off cooldown and sometimes it wasn't finished. (Reverbation shamans have 5s cooldown on their wind/earth shocks)

Confirmed: After 50%, he will cast every 5 seconds, no matter what interrupt you are using. The trick is just to count in your head and spam interrupts at 5 seconds. You either get lucky, or you fail.
Belloc

Postby Worldie » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:04 pm

Seloei wrote:This is one stupid achievement which requires no skill just pure darn luck

Wait where have i seen this again...
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Previous

Return to General Strats