Sarth - warning

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Sarth - warning

Postby Dem » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:18 am

So we did S+3 and had all the drakes down, missing some dps but it's gotta be a win here right?
Nope.
At around 15/16mins into the fight Sarth started pyroblasting the entire raid. He was at 30% when we wiped.

We thought an enrage had been added in the patch, but current thinking is that he was moved out of the island area. He appeared to be in his normal position near the edge of the island though.

So I guess the warning is either don't take too long about it or make absolutely sure that Sarth stays inside the lava perimeter.
:cry:
Dem

Postby baleogthefierce » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:17 am

He now has an enrage at around 15 minutes.

"Sartharion goes berserk"
baleogthefierce

Postby Candiru » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:39 am

Is that to stop the disc-preist + lava tactic I wonder?
Candiru

Postby Dem » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:29 am

Do you have a reference for that? I haven't found anywhere that this is documented.
Dem

Postby baleogthefierce » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:58 am

Just from experience...

We were ending a Sarth + 3D kill with only about 4 dps still alive after we handled the drakes. (I know, I know super sloppy...but we didn't realize that the change to twilight torment was so significant; lots of our DPS were getting one-shot by the Lava Strikes and we just decided to ride out the super long kill since most of our healers were still up)

About 15 minutes into the fight he /emoted "Sartharion goes berserk," starting hitting harder/faster (though interestingly not enough to kill the tank instantly), tons of flame adds began to spawn, and he began to apply raid-wide Flame Buffet debuffs.
baleogthefierce

Postby kram » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:18 pm

Candiru wrote:Is that to stop the disc-preist + lava tactic I wonder?

I doubt it since you dont really engage sarth w/ the disc priest bug.
kram

Postby Belloc » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:23 pm

kram wrote:
Candiru wrote:Is that to stop the disc-preist + lava tactic I wonder?

I doubt it since you dont really engage sarth w/ the disc priest bug.

And the priest bug was hotfixed pre-3.0.8, right?

As far as I'm aware, the 15 minute berserk timer was always there. I could be mistaken, but that's what I've heard from other players. It's just another case like Shade of Aran or Magtheridon: It's a lot more likely that you'll wipe long before the berserk becomes an issue.
Belloc

Postby Vanifae » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:37 pm

I think the real warning is that your Healers are carrying your raid and your DPS is terrible. The drakes need to die super fast, the fact that you can sustain the raid that long says your DPS is way under performing.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:21 pm

Vanifae wrote:I think the real warning is that your Healers are carrying your raid and your DPS is terrible. The drakes need to die super fast, the fact that you can sustain the raid that long says your DPS is way under performing.

Well or that is DPS died early due to lack of healing.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Chunes » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:39 pm

Fridmarr wrote:
Vanifae wrote:I think the real warning is that your Healers are carrying your raid and your DPS is terrible. The drakes need to die super fast, the fact that you can sustain the raid that long says your DPS is way under performing.

Well or that is DPS died early due to lack of healing.

short of an errant whelp, fire ele or those random fireballs that splash into the arena, DPS shouldn't be taking significant damage in the first place unless they are tending a portal.
Chunes

Postby PsiVen » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:50 pm

At least topside, DPS are much more likely to die from excess fail, not lack of healing :)

Once you figure out how to handle the tanks, the key to the fight is your DPS not failing. If so many people are dead that you hit the berserk, you probably would have died to the 10% enrage anyway.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby baleogthefierce » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:01 pm

Chunes wrote:those random fireballs that splash into the arena

those random fireballs suddenly hit very hard with shadron's aura, shadron's acolyte, and twilight torment (the fire damage component is now active all the time) all active...

...especially if you don't realize that twilight torment is different now. ><

Yeah, we beat our heads against this fight for a while post-3.0.8 before we realized that Twilight Torment is actually a serious concern whereas before it was just a DPS slowdown.
baleogthefierce

Postby Dem » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:23 pm

We're aware that dps were underperforming i.e. dying.
Probably compounded by healing - we were using 5 healers which would be adequate if dps could stay out of the crap. Used 6 later on and will probably use 7 for the final and successful attempt.

We did send the raid to remove the twilight debuff.

The final phase wasn't random, it was pyroblast on the entire raid. I'm just interested in the enrage as I haven't seen it documented anyway. The 10% fire add enrage is noted everywhere but if there's a 15 min hard enrage I haven't seen it written anywhere. Any references welcome.
Dem

Postby Vanifae » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:41 pm

Probably because most raids are dead before 15 minutes or they won.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon