Remove Advertisements

Ideal weapon speed

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Postby Daeren » Sun May 20, 2007 4:51 am

Theowyn wrote:I had a thought about resilience; if it were theoretically possible to stack only resilience instead of defense to push crits off the table, then stack block rating to get 102.4% combined avoidance, would this free up more itemization budget for stamina and block value? Just a thought :)

Defense gives bnoth avoidance and crit immunity, and therefore it >>> resilience.
Daeren

spell crit

Postby Mavrix » Sun May 20, 2007 9:19 am

I see a lot of people talking about spells from mobs being unable to crit and pve spell crits being non-existant, while others seem fairly certain they have themselves been crit during pve by spells.
Can anyone post a link to a blue post or other evidence that spell crits can't come from mobs to put this issue to rest for us?
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Re: spell crit

Postby Dorvan » Sun May 20, 2007 11:49 am

Mavrix wrote:I see a lot of people talking about spells from mobs being unable to crit and pve spell crits being non-existant, while others seem fairly certain they have themselves been crit during pve by spells.
Can anyone post a link to a blue post or other evidence that spell crits can't come from mobs to put this issue to rest for us?

I'm looking for a thread now, though the onus is really on those who say NPCs can crit with spells to produce a screenshot showing that, as you can't provide a screenshot showing that mobs never crit ;)
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Maulininis » Sun May 20, 2007 5:50 pm

I havent raided kara for a while coz ive been letting others get gear. Next time im at netherspite or aran ill have finger hovering on the screenie button.

(netherspite's shadowy breath during banish has crit me before im sure of it)
Maulininis

Postby Lore » Sun May 20, 2007 5:59 pm

If mobs were capable of critting with spells, you'd see it happen a lot more often than the random "I got crit by a spell! It must be possible after all!" that pops up every so often.

I can assure you that in my 2 years of tanking max-level content I have never seen a mob's spell crit.
Lore
Global Mod

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations