Remove Advertisements

Solo Onyxia (Level 80)

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Sarutankah » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:35 pm

Yeah I ran a couple 55's there the other day.

Screw them and the cash nerf - I will go back to running ramps for DK's.
Sarutankah

Postby Anubisknight » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:22 pm

How much gold does Onyxia drop now?
Anubisknight

Postby Kelaan » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:14 pm

She dropped about 55g for me when I did it this weekend. I'm not really motivated to go back, which means I can devote more time to ZG, lol.
Kelaan

Postby Seraphyna » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:30 pm

Yeah, only got 50g or so the last time I killed her as well. I'll probably kill her each reset, just because I like having the bags, and am usually too lazy / poor to go and buy bigger ones (they'll be for my bank, so not much of a hassle).

I'm thinking for pure profit, if you can manage to kill Kurinaxx, Rajaxx, Moam and Ossirian in AQ20, you'd get more money for your time. I'm guessing (from the prices of the books from UBRS runs), that the skill books each boss drops will still vendor for 10g each, and the gold nerf wouldn't be quite as harsh (I've heard maybe 25g instead of 40g for the first couple of bosses?)
Seraphyna

Postby Kelaan » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:31 pm

Seraphyna wrote:I'm thinking for pure profit, if you can manage to kill Kurinaxx, Rajaxx, Moam and Ossirian in AQ20, you'd get more money for your time.

Possibly. I had a frustratingtime with trash before Kurinaxx, and felt underwhelmed by the rewards. Re-doing the gauntlet solo was extremely awesome, though. ;) JoL and level 80 Might on the Cenarion dudes was pretty dang cool.
Kelaan

Postby Discus » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:30 am

Patch 3.08 is rapidly turning into a very unpopular patch.
Discus

Postby Anubisknight » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:23 pm

dang.. 50-55g is less than 40% of what she used to drop.. thts really sad..
Anubisknight

Postby Sarutankah » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:47 pm

Kelaan wrote:
Seraphyna wrote:I'm thinking for pure profit, if you can manage to kill Kurinaxx, Rajaxx, Moam and Ossirian in AQ20, you'd get more money for your time.

Possibly. I had a frustratingtime with trash before Kurinaxx, and felt underwhelmed by the rewards. Re-doing the gauntlet solo was extremely awesome, though. ;) JoL and level 80 Might on the Cenarion dudes was pretty dang cool.

Just an aside - can you pull the whole gauntlet at once? might speed it up as long as you leave that one pack before the boss so you don't accidentally get him as well (I love how his thunderclap always procs the death avoided warning in tankadin)
Sarutankah

Postby Kelaan » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:09 pm

I tried running past a bunch of trash, and ended up pulling several groups, as they were all patrolling. Some of the wasps do a knockup/back, it seems (but I never looked up which), some do a poison, etc. Overall, it was rough, and I actually wiped on it, or came close and blew long cooldowns (LOH, bubble) to avoid it. (I forget which).

It was painful enough that I'd prefer to do it slower w/ no chance of failure, LOL. If i weren't soloing it, and had a healer or some solid AOE dps, that might make it less of a problem.
Kelaan

Postby Anubisknight » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:27 pm

Kelaan wrote:I tried running past a bunch of trash, and ended up pulling several groups, as they were all patrolling. Some of the wasps do a knockup/back, it seems (but I never looked up which), some do a poison, etc. Overall, it was rough, and I actually wiped on it, or came close and blew long cooldowns (LOH, bubble) to avoid it. (I forget which).

It was painful enough that I'd prefer to do it slower w/ no chance of failure, LOL. If i weren't soloing it, and had a healer or some solid AOE dps, that might make it less of a problem.

The purple/violet ones have a knockback. I tried to leeroy the whole courtyard the first time I was in there - and got my ass kicked too.. lol. One more annoying group of mobs is the pack of beetle-like bugs on the way to Ossirian - if you don't get your back to the wall in time, you get tossed around a lot. They don't hit for much, but its just annoying.

And I think Sarutankah was referring to Rajaxx's waves - if you can aggro more than one at a time by just riding in and/or kiting one of the mobs to the other waves and aggroing them. I'll be trying that the next time I'm there - need to get exalted with CE - didn't do much raiding pre-TBC.
Anubisknight

Postby Kelaan » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:44 pm

OH! Rajaxx's waves. Yeah, I once tried that. It was funny: the NPCs won't come out to help you, and I was getting hit in the back enough that it seemed kinda close. Next time just grabbing a bunch does seem like an idea, especially mounted, and I'll just bring them back to the NPCs, I guess.
Kelaan

Postby Discus » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:36 am

dang.. 50-55g is less than 40% of what she used to drop.. thts really sad..

Yup, not worth bothering travelling all that way now. So 3.08 removed our threat from JoL, double SHoR BUG and the value of solo farming.

Still at least we got chicken (and a single target threat).
Discus

Postby Seraphyna » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:32 am

Kelaan wrote:

Damn! I totally forgot you could buff those guys. Something I should look at next time I get my butt in there.

On getting to Kurinaxx, you can do it without pulling many packs at all. After I kill the first two guys, I take a wide berth around the left side of the room, and generally only need to kill one or two packs of Swarmguards and bugs before I have to head down the stairs to the boss. The four packs where Kurinaxx is I generally clear just so I don't have any unexpected surprises while doing my retarded dance with him.

To be honest, Rajaxx is the one who ends up giving me the most problems, and I generally have to sit back and throw myself a few more heals then I would like, and occasionally get to a point I'll need to pop LoH. Either way he's yet to kill me, so it's not all that bad.
Seraphyna

Postby Belloc » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:25 pm

For those that just want to kill Ossyrian, you can skip Kurinaxx and Rajaxx. I accidentally skipped Kurinaxx the first time I tried to solo Ossyrian. For Rajaxx, just walk in the very middle of the packs.
Belloc

Postby Vindicated » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:17 pm

How do you manage to accidentally skip kurinnaxx? he has a pretty big aggro range, I have accidentally aggroed him on my solo AQ20's.
Vindicated

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats