Remove Advertisements

Glory of the Hero, Difficulty analysis

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Worldie » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:19 am

That one isn't a gear check, i got that like the day i dinged 80 with people still dressed in lvl 70 stuff. It's a competency check. Ofc overgearing makes it trivial.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:00 am

The Occulus Void achievements are going o be very difficult, we tried the all Bronze one, but that requires nearly perfect execution. Probably best if people just use two colors, then two another time, and so on and so forth.

Either way I hate Occulus.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Worldie » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:02 am

Thing is, the 5 amber strategy is the easiest way to get Emerald Void.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:08 am

Worldie wrote:Thing is, the 5 amber strategy is the easiest way to get Emerald Void.

As well as the 20 minute achievement.

The 5 greens strategy is also the easiest way to get Amber void.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:23 am

Worldie wrote:Thing is, the 5 amber strategy is the easiest way to get Emerald Void.

It is not remotely possible without extreme coordination. The stun has diminishing returns now, give me a strategy that works and I will agree with you.

Lore wrote:

As well as the 20 minute achievement.

The 5 greens strategy is also the easiest way to get Amber void.

I think this one is broken now too, unless there is a new strategy.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby daemonym » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:33 am

few questions atm.

watch him die - kiting the watchers to the entrance is still an option? i'm sure that i could hold them back there for a good amount of time if we're still able to do it. tank it, blow trinkets, lay hands, bubble before death and holy light to full, cancel bubble, pray. otherwise would need a stacked group for interrupts on the web wraps while i tank it all.

Hadronox Denied - i thought resetting him and blowing him up before the adds start healing him didn't work anymore?

share the love - if somebody that was impaled dies and is -not- ressed does it still count? also, does the impale always happen after the aoe knock back? if so, you could probably just have somebody just taunt the boss then, if you get impaled they do w/e they can to survive (unless you're somehow able to still tank while on his horn...), otherwise you just taunt back. is this about right or just take a second tank?
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Lore » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:34 am

The stun has always had diminishing returns. Here's how 5 ambers works:

First, you organize a time stop rotation. This is independent of the rest of the fight, just make sure someone's hitting it every time it comes up.

Second, you put 4 drakes in one "group" and 1 by himself. At the pull, the 1 channels the +damage buff while the 4 hit the arcane bolt thing and then immediately start channeling the damage buff themselves. As soon as the 1 sees 4 beams up, he hits his bolt (breaking his channel) and starts channeling again. The 4 break their channels and hit the bolt, etc.

Every single bolt after the first volley from the 4 will have the max number of charges active. Combined with the damage buff being active, every bolt will be doing about 200k damage. So you're burning him down incredibly fast. By the time he goes immune to time stop, you'll have pushed him low enough that he goes into phase 2. All the whelps will have massive charges on them from time stops, so you just 1shot them while avoiding the sparks. The phase lasts long enough for diminishing returns to reset, so you just repeat and he dies.

It takes some coordination but I wouldn't say it's "extreme". Make yourself the 1 drake, and tell the other four "Shoot when I tell you to, and then put your beam up immediately. Kill whelps when he phases out."

I haven't done the green drake strategy since the patch but I also can't think of anything about it that would break.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:37 am

Extreme may be harsh but it's definitely one that will take most groups a ton of time to do, or really rget right.

We only got about three time stops before he was pretty much immune.

Edit: Yeah we were trying that charge strategy it was working but we got massacred by drakes at about 50-70%

What was the original Green strategy, kiting?
Vanifae

Postby Lore » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:42 am

daemonym wrote:watch him die - kiting the watchers to the entrance is still an option? i'm sure that i could hold them back there for a good amount of time if we're still able to do it. tank it, blow trinkets, lay hands, bubble before death and holy light to full, cancel bubble, pray. otherwise would need a stacked group for interrupts on the web wraps while i tank it all.

It still works, yes. It can be a little glitchy; the boss will randomly despawn and reset sometimes. You'd probably be better off using DP instead of DS/heal since they'll run off after the group. You'll also need a solid healer and a DPS that can take some hits (enh shammy with spirit wolves/shamanistic rage is a good one).

Hadronox Denied - i thought resetting him and blowing him up before the adds start healing him didn't work anymore?

We never killed him using the reset strategy. First, to be sure you understand what heals him: the adds are actually doing damage to him, it's the poison volley that heals him. We've had the most success with just aggroing him (to stop him from webbing the doors), letting the adds beat on him until he drops around 70%, then blowing cooldowns and just burning him down before he heals up.

share the love - if somebody that was impaled dies and is -not- ressed does it still count? also, does the impale always happen after the aoe knock back? if so, you could probably just have somebody just taunt the boss then, if you get impaled they do w/e they can to survive (unless you're somehow able to still tank while on his horn...), otherwise you just taunt back. is this about right or just take a second tank?

I believe it does still count. Definitely want to have a second tank, makes it so much easier. Best to have a hybrid DPS that can help heal also.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:46 am

Vanifae wrote:Edit: Yeah we were trying that charge strategy it was working but we got massacred by drakes at about 50-70%

By the whelps? They should be time stopped too. They move really slowly, so once phase 2 starts just run around oneshotting them.

Yeah, you make a big loop around the outside and keep poisons stacked up. Whoever has aggro will take hits but the poisons will self-heal them fast enough as long as you keep moving. The whelps move too slowly to catch you. I actually solo'ed him on normal once this way.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:47 am

Lore wrote:
Vanifae wrote:Edit: Yeah we were trying that charge strategy it was working but we got massacred by drakes at about 50-70%

By the whelps? They should be time stopped too. They move really slowly, so once phase 2 starts just run around oneshotting them.

Yeah, you make a big loop around the outside and keep poisons stacked up. Whoever has aggro will take hits but the poisons will self-heal them fast enough as long as you keep moving. The whelps move too slowly to catch you. I actually solo'ed him on normal once this way.

Whelps enrage and have infinite range on their attacks now.

Edit: By the time we Timestopped a third time he broke out of it after about a second or two.
Vanifae

Postby Lore » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:52 am

Yeah you need to be burning him below 50% before that happens (or close).

Whelp infinite range makes me qq.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:54 am

Lore wrote:Yeah you need to be burning him below 50% before that happens (or close).

Whelp infinite range makes me qq.

Yeah I was doing Heroics last night to get this achievement it was sort of a ball buster.

Also I suck at vehicles.
Vanifae

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:04 am

My honest opinion if you really want to brute force some of these tougher encounters, bring Bloodlust/Heroism.
Vanifae

Postby Senador » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:33 am

For Share the Love, by far the easiest way we found to do it was with 2 Paladins in the group.

First of all, he only Impales while a Rhino and only twice per phase. They are entirely timer based, so you can sit there and fight him almost indefinately.

We normally go for Share the Love specifically to do that achievement, so we bring one DPS that has enough tank gear to hold the boss a bit. With 2 Paladins, you do this.

Offtank pulls boss and tanks it.

Boss transforms, You (Prot Paladin) BoP a DPS. Your other Paladin Bubbles themself, and then BoPs whoever is left. This makes it so the that only you do not have BoP or Bubble. The boss will always Impale you then. After Impale you taunt the boss, and your healer doesn't have to deal with the lower geared tank anymore.

You can then simply wait until your BoPs and Bubble from the other Paladin are back up to help "Force" his Impales in the direction you want them to go to if he hasn't decided to cooperate by then.

We did have issues with people dieing and it not counting, similarly I think we had an issue with FD as well, but as this is about as far from a DPS race as possible, you shouldn't need those agro resets.
Senador

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats