Glory of the Hero, Difficulty analysis

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Belloc » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:49 am

Spectrum wrote:
Seloei wrote:Less rabi however...

Didn't do it before it was bugged, hell didn't do most of them before they were bugged and having serious problems with these.

The only solution we've found is to bring 2x enh shamans with reverbation talented (-1s on shock spells, 5s cooldown) and have them spam it as soon as it's off cooldown after the 2. interupt and bring 4x dps, 1 tank.
His casts (seem to be) based on incombat time. (10, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40 etc) and the haste based on life left.

Was just wondering if anyone had achieved the Less-Rabi achievement post 3.0.8 and if you had then how? :S

Hrm, they changed it? I thought it also cast more frequently at lower health and the best way was to get him around 35/40% and then have a mage CS for the 8 second lock-out and then burn him down.

I've been hearing that his casts were changed to a physical school, preventing interrupt lockouts. In other words, counterspell does nothing besides interrupt the cast.
Belloc

Postby Lore » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:52 am

Belloc wrote:
Spectrum wrote:

Didn't do it before it was bugged, hell didn't do most of them before they were bugged and having serious problems with these.

The only solution we've found is to bring 2x enh shamans with reverbation talented (-1s on shock spells, 5s cooldown) and have them spam it as soon as it's off cooldown after the 2. interupt and bring 4x dps, 1 tank.
His casts (seem to be) based on incombat time. (10, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40 etc) and the haste based on life left.

Was just wondering if anyone had achieved the Less-Rabi achievement post 3.0.8 and if you had then how? :S

Hrm, they changed it? I thought it also cast more frequently at lower health and the best way was to get him around 35/40% and then have a mage CS for the 8 second lock-out and then burn him down.

I've been hearing that his casts were changed to a physical school, preventing interrupt lockouts. In other words, counterspell does nothing besides interrupt the cast.

False. The interrupt effect still lasts. If it didn't, the cast would do nothing.

Also I just did it last night.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Kelaan » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:54 am

Will the lockout only happen if he's currently casting it?
Kelaan

Postby Lore » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:56 am

Yes. That's how interrupts work :P
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Belloc » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:05 pm

Lore wrote:
Belloc wrote:
Spectrum wrote:

False. The interrupt effect still lasts. If it didn't, the cast would do nothing.

Also I just did it last night.

That's not what I said.

What I said was that it doesn't prevent him from casting the spell again. I'll state again, but a bit more in depth: using CS will interrupt the spell but, as far as I've heard, it will not prevent it from being cast again for 8 seconds. Rather, from what I am hearing, he will continue to cast the spell at his usual increment, which I am hearing is 5 seconds.

So, if you CS the cast and he uses it again 5 seconds later, then CS is not locking out the spell, just interrupting.

Now, feel free to correct me if I am still wrong, but note that the above quote mentioned that he starts off casting in 10 second increments, and then starts casting every 5 seconds after a certain point. If you down him before the 25-second cast, then you're not seeing the effect that I am describing.
Last edited by Belloc on Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belloc

Postby Lore » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:09 pm

I understood what you said; that's exactly what I was responding to. It still locks him out. My "the cast would do nothing" comment was because I'm pretty sure interrupts wouldn't function without a lockout.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Belloc » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:12 pm

I'll be pleased if that's still the case. However, if you're killing him before his 25-second cast, then you're not seeing the effect that I'm describing. I haven't attempted the achievement post-patch, so I can't really say any more :)

I hope you're correct!
Belloc

Postby Lore » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:18 pm

If you experience something different, then sure. Otherwise I'm going to go off of my experiences (like I said, I *JUST* did it last night) over rumors.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:13 pm

Lore wrote:Less-rabi is still a "do you have a mage in the group" check.

It's very, very easy to do with an 8-second Counterspell.

That assumes you can burn down 40% of his HP in ~7 seconds.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Thornir » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:05 pm

Worldie wrote:
Lore wrote:Less-rabi is still a "do you have a mage in the group" check.

It's very, very easy to do with an 8-second Counterspell.

That assumes you can burn down 40% of his HP in ~7 seconds.

235400 health * 0.4 = 94160 health

94160 / 7 = 13451 Group dps

(13451 - (1.5k dps from tank)) / 3 DPS classes = about 4k dps per class

I don't think so.

Bring a rogue AND a mage.

(If I did my math wrong let me know).
Many fall, but one remains. - The Stranger
Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour. - Patrick Stewart
Thornir

*Now with 100% more beef!*
Thornir

Postby Serelynn » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:40 pm

Less-rabi is the only one holding me up. My standard group is me, fury warrior, elemental shaman, shadow priest, and holy priest. We've come so close before on Less-rabi. I think we had to run out of the instance like 10 times. We brought in a mage (his DPS is not as good as our shadow priest on average), and on our first fight we had him to 5% before the transformation. Unfortunately, the boss died from auto attack swings and DoTs so we couldn't run out again. It was a frustrating evening.

Need to round up the group again and knock out the last achievement holding us back. We still need to do Amber Void and Make It Count but those are pretty easy.
Serelynn

Postby Cowadin » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:00 pm

Serelynn wrote:It was a frustrating evening.

Doing Gotta Go! pre patch we got him to 1% (3602 HP to be exact) after dots on his second burrow. we yelled for about 10 minutes, pulled again and got him that time -- which i think was very fortunate for our sanity, cuz we were all about 5 hours into attempts and ready to kill ourselves after seeing him come above ground again after we were sure we had it -- showing off his measly 3602 HP.

But thats what achievements are for anyways -- frustratring us and making us nerd rage cuz we cant get a shiny new flyer/title. ;)

-Cow

Tankadin. Pew Pew.
Cowadin

Postby yappo » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:54 am

Have they changed 'Does it have to be snakes' in Gundrak? I followed the advice for merely surviving the encounter given here (actually I followed a slightly different one given on-site), and the achievement became a value added bonus.

Entire party but tank returns back to entrance after clearing the way. I gift boss with a frisbee and run like hell. Party kills boss at entrance. Dead boss. No snakes.

So, either dead or achievement :D I guess that ought to make the achievement in itself trivial rather than easy.
yappo

Postby Worldie » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:00 am

That achievement didn't change at all. Simply you probably ran into a competent party rather than a bunch of noobs who can't outDPS the tank
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby yappo » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:10 am

Worldie wrote:That achievement didn't change at all. Simply you probably ran into a competent party rather than a bunch of noobs who can't outDPS the tank

That doesn't bode well for when I'm dragging my guildies there :(

Oh well, at least it was a DPS insisting on someone installing recount, (We flag it after each boss-fight), so they complain about their own dps rather than I having to do it.

Anyway, is a gear-check really a difficulty-indicator? Given that my current gang won't make the achievement, but that they also gather emblems and rep like mad, a couple of weeks from now we'll still burn him down in time without anyone having learned crap.

So, still vote trivial :D
yappo

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats