3.0.8 changes re: achievements

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

3.0.8 changes re: achievements

Postby Maat » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:00 pm

We ran through a bunch of heroic achievements today and found that the little tips and tricks we used pre-patch no longer work.

Oculus: Make It Count: can no longer keep the drake talismans from normal mode

Ahn'kahet: Respect Your Elders: can no longer kite boss to the entrance, he hard-enraged once I pulled him to that first room of undead nerubians, 1-shotting me 35k or so (and everyone else for 40-60k)

Gundrak: Less-rabi: didn't do this one personally, but friend was not able to grab him after the evade (after kiting him until he transforms, then dropping aggro).

Azjol Nerub: Watch Him Die: the 3 sets of adds cannot be kited, as the encounter resets if any of the mobs leave the main room

Azjol-Nerub: Gotta Go!: yah the tooltip still says 2 minutes, but the timer is 4. confirmed by blues.
Last edited by Maat on Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maat

Postby Threatco » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:04 am

Thank you so much.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Cowadin » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:06 am

hmm. im kind of surprised about the respect your elders change... i didn't think that one was much of a "bug" .. but the real way to do it.

what are you supposed to do now? kite the elders when they spawn? cuz the boss goes immune when they do spawn, and they spawn based on a %, not a timer, right?

sounds a lot tougher to me.

-Cow

Tankadin. Pew Pew.
Cowadin

Postby Belloc » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:37 am

Cowadin wrote:hmm. im kind of surprised about the respect your elders change... i didn't think that one was much of a "bug" .. but the real way to do it.

what are you supposed to do now? kite the elders when they spawn? cuz the boss goes immune when they do spawn, and they spawn based on a %, not a timer, right?

sounds a lot tougher to me.

-Cow

You have to tank the boss at one end of his room and have an add off-tanked at the other end of the room. The immunity is an aura that doesn't reach that distance.
Belloc

Re: 3.0.8 changes re: achievements

Postby daemonym » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:20 pm

Maat wrote:Azjol Nerub: Watch Him Die: the 3 sets of adds cannot be kited, as the encounter resets if any of the mobs leave the main room

so you need 2 tanks or 1 that is retardedly well geared in addition to a massively favorable RNG to do this one then? -sigh-
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Belloc » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:48 pm

daemonym wrote:
Maat wrote:Azjol Nerub: Watch Him Die: the 3 sets of adds cannot be kited, as the encounter resets if any of the mobs leave the main room

so you need 2 tanks or 1 that is retardedly well geared in addition to a massively favorable RNG to do this one then? -sigh-

Nope, you just need to be able to interrupt the watcher that casts the blind or wrap or whatever.
Belloc

Postby Kelaan » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:14 pm

Wow. Those kiting changes really make the Gatekeeper fight harder. :D Thanks for the heads-up. Is it just a straight up DPS and healing race, then?
Kelaan

Postby Belloc » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:42 pm

You can DPS race, or you can kill all the non-watchers while tanking the watchers. As long as you interrupt the one with the stun, you shouldn't have much trouble.
Belloc

Postby Kelaan » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:30 pm

Interesting. How do you avoid killing the watchers? Every time I run, they seem to evaporate. I'll have to bring some single target DPS I guess, and probably have someone that can pummel OT the watcher that stuns? Or do you just OT them all and have a dedicated pummeler?

Are the watchers fearable / shackle-able? That might make it easier ... I bet they aren't. :)
Kelaan

Postby Candiru » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:57 am

They are stunable though.

I used to use AoE stun-> run to entrance to kite them for the achiement.
Candiru

Postby Belloc » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:32 am

Candiru wrote:They are stunable though.

I used to use AoE stun-> run to entrance to kite them for the achiement.
I don't believe that works anymore.

No, they can't be shackled or feared. They don't do much melee damage as far as I recall (though, I still don't have the achievement due to not having a working group when I've been there to tank). The way I would do it is by focusing the watcher and interrupting him with exorcism, hammer of justice, holy wrath, another exorcism, and then having another person stun him if the fight isn't over at this point.
Belloc

Postby Seloei » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:10 am

watch him die is quite easy even now, if you have one more plate melee in the group. He tanks the real boss, you kill off the 2 small adds from the left and middle add, shield toss the last group, stun the middle watcher and run like hell to the entrance. Wait for them to finish off the boss, zone out.
Achievement complete but your group is dead.

The adds run slower than run speed
Seloei

Postby Worldie » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:16 am

That one doesn't work anymore as they said, they reset as soon as they leave the main room.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Seloei » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:12 am

really?
Quite sure i did it last thursday for someone... after patch 3.0.8 for sure since we hit a brick wall with rabi the same day due to it being fixed.

Theres a way to "reset" the boss with the christmas present so you can go behind him and all out nuke and make a target macro for the one who aoe stuns and burn him down. Takes a hell of a lot of dps but a group in the guild did it that way.
Seloei

Postby Belloc » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:54 pm

Worldie wrote:That one doesn't work anymore as they said, they reset as soon as they leave the main room.

I just confirmed that this is not the case.

One of the casters will bug out, and the skirmishers tend to screw everyone up, but the mobs can still be kited to the entrance.

I got this achievement tonight by killing the skirmisher packs, pulling the third pack, stunning them all, and then kiting to the entrance and letting my fury warrior friend tank the boss (in prot gear).

When the mobs disorient (or wrap, not sure which it was), they will drop aggro and run for the rest of the group. As soon as it drops, just cast a heal on yourself and they'll come back for you. This gives the group a LOT more time to kill the boss.
Belloc

Next

Return to General Strats