Remove Advertisements

Compilation of AOE leveling locations

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Belloc » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:28 am

Janduin wrote:
Belloc wrote:I couldn't find the spot that you are referring to. Could you post a screenshot, possibly? I've just been pulling them into the tent.

Servers are down, I'll try later to get a SS. If you are on the platform with the Umbral Brutes and Runesmiths, the vase or cauldron or whatever that we are referring to is in the northeast corner of the ledge (assuming up on the minimap is north). Looks like a big pot, whatever it is. You aggro the entire ledge and then run behind it from the left. EZ mode way to keep them all in your frontal cone, all the time.

Alright, it was the word "vase" that confused me then. Cauldron is much more appropriate and now I know the exact spot that you are referring to. Thank you very much :)
Belloc

Postby Kelaan » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:23 am

A hunter at TKA posted a spot that he said worked well for nonstop leveling of his pet:

http://www.users.qwest.net/~nirv/bestfarmingspot.jpg

Mob: http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=30960 (lvl 80 undead)
Spawn rate: I'm not sure.

Apparently, you can only do this before you've done the quests in the area which bring in NPCs to fight them.

Also -- apologies for the poor state of this thread. I'll try and consolidate information better in the opening posts.
Kelaan

Postby Krazy » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:51 am

I started to wonder why I kept seeing so many mages camping the skeletal runesmith spot in Icecrown in the last few days....until I found this posted on the mage forums.

http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=95111

Stupid mages...now everyone knows about the spot and its impossible for me to farm at all anymore. Its camped 24/7....

At least his video shows the area well, he rides past the cauldron you want to get behind right at the start of the video.
Krazy

Postby Staurol » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:58 am

For leveling early on, there's the giant Rhino herd in between Warsong Hold and the Amber Ledge in Borean Tundra. This is a great spot for me as they're all melee, no stuns, and I could pull 20-25 pretty easily. The only catch is that most of the Rhinos are neutral (yellow) and have to be hit or walk through consecration in order to aggro. Another reason this is a good spot is that after about 30 minutes here, if that, you will have enough stacks of rhino meat for the cooking daily that you won't have to worry about it for a loooong time.
You can call me Stroll
<Dirt Dogs> - Eredar
Staurol

Postby halabar » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:50 pm

Krazy wrote:
Janduin wrote:There is a place NE of Icecrown Citadel in Icecrown, that has a bunch of Skeletal Runesmiths and Umbral Brutes. The Brutes have a knockback and I think the skellies have a sunder-like ability, but other than that they are all melee. There is a path going up to the ledge where there are no mobs, so you can land there safely every time.

What I did was put on all my block rating gear (not even close to passive uncrush anymore) including Figurine, which is still OP, mounted with Crusader, and rounded up all mobs. There is a big vase in the NE corner of the platform. Run behind it from the left and you find a place where you can wedge yourself and not get knocked back. Moreover, all mobs will be in your frontal cone. SoL/JoL, use Holy wrath liberally, and use Figurine. I did it crittable, which could be slightly scary a times, but I was able to do a pull every 3 minutes. Each pull was 16K or so XP unrested, which worked out to be ~1% at level 79. At level 79 that is 320K XP/hour. In getting from 45% to 80 I made a couple hundred golds and got ~260 frostweave cloth in less than 3 hours.

This spot rocks! Thanks! I'm already 80 but those guys are super easy to round up and tank down no problem. I get like 1-2 greens per pull to DE as well :-D $$$. Infinite dust is going for 5-6g per on my server so that's a great place to make bank!

The only downside is they respawn so fast I can't even loot them all before aggroing more.

I'll have to try this when finished with the cave.. :-) would rather hit 80 and start grinding gear in heroics... :-)
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:52 pm

Kelaan wrote:A hunter at TKA posted a spot that he said worked well for nonstop leveling of his pet:

http://www.users.qwest.net/~nirv/bestfarmingspot.jpg

Mob: http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=30960 (lvl 80 undead)
Spawn rate: I'm not sure.

Apparently, you can only do this before you've done the quests in the area which bring in NPCs to fight them.

Also -- apologies for the poor state of this thread. I'll try and consolidate information better in the opening posts.

Cool, I have a spirit beast that needs leveling...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby CKaz » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:14 am

Neroth wrote:I tried the Runesmiths and Brutes in Icecrown last night at lvl 77...Once I hit 78 it was near continuous pulling with nice Frostweave drops.

I'm hunting around @75... I'm wondering if that's a bit too early to do that spot effectively enough to be worthwhile? Hmm :P

Also this looks like it needs update love - any new thoughts?? :D

And.. sticky?? I just went all over WotLK, General, here looking for thoughts.
fuzzygeek wrote:Some people have always endeavored to avoid int.
CKaz

Postby Kelaan » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:52 pm

I suspect not -- they're 79-80ish, I think, which means I believe you want to be 77+ to avoid crushes? I mean, I'm sure you can kill them, but it seems like it might be painful enough to be too slow. give it a shot, but I'm skeptical.

Apologies for lack of update-love; I've been lazy. If someone else wants to do it better, feel free -- and either I can edit my first post to fit it, or a mod can likely make it the first post. I don't have any attachment to this, hehe, as I've certainly not put much work into it.
Kelaan

Postby Wakeman » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:26 am

tagged... gotta level up my pally faster.....
Image Fear my Bacon of Light!
Wakeman

Postby Ängel » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:58 pm

Did the mustangs in grizzly hills. There are 4 groups of 10-12 running around. Rested xp per horse at 75 was 1900. Unfortunately they do not respawn fast enough.
Ängel

Postby CKaz » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:23 pm

Are Runesmiths and Brutes nerfed? I'm 77 now and looking ... :P

ty
fuzzygeek wrote:Some people have always endeavored to avoid int.
CKaz

Postby Anubisknight » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:29 pm

CKaz wrote:Are Runesmiths and Brutes nerfed? I'm 77 now and looking ... :P

ty

Yep. No more cloth drops, gold dropped nerfed too, and from what I've heard so is the XP gained per kill.
Anubisknight

Postby Anubisknight » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:30 pm

I found one more spot for aoe levelling (started levelling my mage, so couldnt do the iron dwarf thing). Its right on the cost east of valiance keep - some pirate-type mobs, easy to round up and a relatively fast respawn rate.
Anubisknight

Previous

Return to General Strats