Remove Advertisements

HoS: Maiden of Stone patch changes?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

HoS: Maiden of Stone patch changes?

Postby Candiru » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:54 am

When I went to heroic HoS yesterday I found that when she casts the sleep, she now de-agroes on the tank and starts hitting the healer/DPS instead.

She did this even if no-one was in a void zone, but if a healer was in the void zone she would go straight for them.

So I had to stand in the void zones as she cast it from then on to avoid all the DPS being killed while we finished her off with no healer.

Anyone else seen this happen to them?
Candiru

Postby amh » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:41 am

I thought she always did this? I´ve never been caught outside the void, but I haven´t run HoS that many times either.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Wolvar » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:00 am

She goes for the highest threat among those that are awake. Get in a black circle when she starts to cast.
Wolvar

Postby Candiru » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:39 am

Every other time I have done it before the patch she keeps hitting me even if I am not in the circle.

Odd.
Candiru

Postby DanimalEQ » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:42 am

Not sure if the mechanics are slightly different on heroic, though on regular, I would always taunt her while she was casting her sleep. She'd still fixate on me and swipe at me to wake me up, then I'd go about cleansing the healer, then dps.
DanimalEQ

Postby Wolvar » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:44 am

They stealth patched that awhile back. RD won't hit her when she's casting the ae stun anymore since like a long time before the last patch.
Wolvar

Postby Belloc » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:56 am

If you are incapacitated, she will attack the highest threat of those that are not incapacitated. If everyone is incapacitated, she'll probably attack you, but I'm not sure.

The correct way to do this fight is to tank her just outside of the black circle and to have the entire group move into it near the end of the cast. The entire purpose of that black stuff is to break you out of the incapacitate.
Belloc

Postby Threatco » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:38 am

Ill confirm as im almost 100% sure.

She used to attack me first after she cast her AOE incapacitate, immediatly removing incapacitate. This being the reason why "I" did not have to do the black stuff jumping.

This worked even when we got the time acheivement, with the dps and healers all breaking their incapacitate, and the boss breaking mine for me.

Now, it is as the others say. She will aggro the highest aggro who is NOT incapacitated which means tanks have to dance now.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Mithrumil » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:21 am

I just did this last night, and noticed a neat little trick on her.

She does indeed aggro people who aren't sleeping, and of sleepers she will then aggro the tank (If you were holding aggro in the first place).

Funny little thing that happened to me last night, the hunter's pet in my group doesn't go to sleep when everyone else does. She went straight to the hunter's pet, so noone had to worry about being damaged while sleeping. Then when we all woke up she came straight back to me.
Mithrumil

Postby Belloc » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:40 am

Threatco wrote:Ill confirm as im almost 100% sure.

She used to attack me first after she cast her AOE incapacitate, immediatly removing incapacitate. This being the reason why "I" did not have to do the black stuff jumping.

This worked even when we got the time acheivement, with the dps and healers all breaking their incapacitate, and the boss breaking mine for me.

Now, it is as the others say. She will aggro the highest aggro who is NOT incapacitated which means tanks have to dance now.
That was likely due to latency. She was probably in the middle of an attack, or you had the dot on you.

I say this because her current functioning is identical to the way she functioned during the beta: She has always deaggroed upon incapacitate. That is how all mobs deal with incapacitate effects. So, again, it is likely that her attack hit you after the incap due to latency, or the DoT effect that is present in the fight.
Belloc

Re: HoS: Maiden of Stone patch changes?

Postby Mozen » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:59 pm

Just to add to this.

We have people confirming that taunt still works as of now to force her to hit you (the tank) and break you free.

The reason RD doesn't work anymore, seems to be due to the special workings of RD. She probably removes her target when casting the stun, so it'd be a bug if RD worked. Since we're in 3.0.8, Hand of Reckoning should work to keep her on you.

I haven't had a chance to actually test it, though.
Mozen

Re: HoS: Maiden of Stone patch changes?

Postby Retilicious » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:23 am

Mozen wrote:Just to add to this.

We have people confirming that taunt still works as of now to force her to hit you (the tank) and break you free.

The reason RD doesn't work anymore, seems to be due to the special workings of RD. She probably removes her target when casting the stun, so it'd be a bug if RD worked. Since we're in 3.0.8, Hand of Reckoning should work to keep her on you.

I haven't had a chance to actually test it, though.

HoR does indeed work. On single target fights like maiden, i always throw HoR into my rotation to make sure she turns toward me, and i have not encounter this problem yet.
Q.Q Less, Pew Pew More
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Retilicious

Return to General Strats