Maly 20 man

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Maly 20 man

Postby Tieran » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:17 am

Has maly been broken somehow?

I was tanking him yesterday and without exception a healer or two would die after he landed and did his breath.
We have never had this issue, and the healers in question are not stupid. I can vouch that they never stood infront of the boss, and they are reporting dieing to "arcane breath buff" which obv you get from being hit by the breath.

I don't quite understand how this is working and was wondering if any of you are having the same issues.

Nb we dismissed pets and it still happened.
Tieran

Postby ulushnar » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:18 am

Maybe if you used 25 men?
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Janduin » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:01 am

The breath debuff should only hit your tank (I don't know if the pet bug was fixed, but you dismissed them so it's not that), but it basically turns him/her into a bomb which explodes after a few seconds, doing damage to all friendlies within some area. So melee have to be a little careful, but this shouldn't hurt your healers unless they are standing in melee range, which would be pretty dumb.
Janduin

Postby Serelynn » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:56 am

After vortex, the raid runs towards the closest power spark while the tank moves the dragon away from it. This keeps the group separated out and after the breath attack, the following explosion won't hit the raid. The other thing you could be hitting is that with some of the changes to AoE healing, people might not be getting topped off quick enough to save them from the randomly targeted arcane bolts he throws at the raid. Those are the only two things I could see happening.

We killed Malygos 25 last night easily, the only change we noticed was him being untargetable during the Phase 2->Phase 3 transition. And, the silly little heart icon above the chest from Alexstraza.
Serelynn

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon