Unholy DK add tank

Ele Shammy
Warlock
Warlock
Shadow Priest
Hunter

Druid
Pally

A main reason I wanna bring the hunter is, hes our best DPS and to dispell the enraged fire elementals.
Blitzago

Postby Aubade » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:45 am

hmm, Maybe a Mage instead of one of the warlocks. with the new Arcane/Fire or Arcane/Frost builds that 3.0.8 inspiried mages AoE has surpassed warlocks by alot.

Also, Drake tank should be a paladin due to the less of an insta-gib factor. =] Good luck! My guild hasn't tried tackling +3 yet, we've done +2 on both 25 and 10 but attendance and lag has been biting us in the ass
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Cakes » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:54 am

I'd suggest against the hunter due to synergies (i.e. he gets none and brings none to the rest of your group, barring tanks), but bring him for dps and nothing else. Tranq is midly useful, but your tank really shouldn't be getting blazes caught by the fire wall anyway. Druid and pally will do fine, that's what we did our first kill with.
Former GM and Raid Leader of Midwinter - US PVE Ysera
Cakes

Postby Aubade » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:56 am

Hmm, after looking at the Group again, you def want to bring a mage instead of 1 of those warlocks for the +10% spell crit buff, mages are currently the only class with the debuff and with such a spell heavy group you'll definitely want it.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Janduin » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:17 am

1) We find it much easier with 3 healers and 4 dps, but this probably depends on the quality of your dps.

2) Even with nerfs, if the unholy DK has comparable gear I'd put him on Sarth and have one of the warriors do adds.
Janduin

Postby Grizwold » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:47 am

Its possible, but what alot of the people said, should probably bring a mage instead of one of the locks. The unholy dk should be fine on adds, he just needs to me very mobile, I found tanking the adds to be pretty good with a pally at times, so the DK may have some problems with the elementals at times as every now and then 4-5 will spawn as far away from each otehr as possible, and the only way i was able to manage them was to use both ranged abilities (taunt, AS) to grab em, and when we did it recently in 3.0.8 the new ranged taunt helped a ton as well. I don't know dk's skills all that well yet, but if they dont have multiple ranged taunts on different c/ds it could be a problem.
Grizwold

Postby kram » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:12 am

Its doable with pretty much any raid comp. When making your group make sure you have someone that can tank and heal inside the portals when you take them.

Misdirect helps when the drakes land too although the drake tank could probably pick them up with a taunt without issues.
kram

Postby Chunes » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:40 am

any chance we could direct this conversation to the already existing 10Sarth+3 thread?

http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... hp?t=17373
Chunes

Postby Blitzago » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:47 pm

Grizwold wrote:Its possible, but what alot of the people said, should probably bring a mage instead of one of the locks. The unholy dk should be fine on adds, he just needs to me very mobile, I found tanking the adds to be pretty good with a pally at times, so the DK may have some problems with the elementals at times as every now and then 4-5 will spawn as far away from each otehr as possible, and the only way i was able to manage them was to use both ranged abilities (taunt, AS) to grab em, and when we did it recently in 3.0.8 the new ranged taunt helped a ton as well. I don't know dk's skills all that well yet, but if they dont have multiple ranged taunts on different c/ds it could be a problem.
Our problem is we have 0 raiding mages in our guild, even though weve done OS25 + 2.
Blitzago

Re: [10]OS + 3

Postby knaughty » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:20 pm

Blitzago wrote:Would it be possible to do it with a group makeup of
War MT
<snip>
Pally heals.

Nope, not possible.

Shortened the list to just Sarth tank + castable CDs.

First Breath of Doom, Pally does HoSac+bubble

2nd BoD: Shield wall

3rd BoD: Splutch!

DK to Sarth MT and you can prob do it. At least... it is technically possible.

Warriors are just as good if not better at add tanking. Consecration pretty much sucks here. i get stuck with adds every week, but DK/Warrior both better at it, IMO.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby kram » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:47 pm

Hunter pet can Roar of Sacrifice if needed (requires a tanking pet i think?)

if the DK is on adds he can drop a AMZ for the tank too since he can move around pretty freely.
kram

Postby Belloc » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:42 pm

Knaughty wrote:
Blitzago wrote:Would it be possible to do it with a group makeup of
War MT
<snip>
Pally heals.

Nope, not possible.

Shortened the list to just Sarth tank + castable CDs.

First Breath of Doom, Pally does HoSac+bubble

2nd BoD: Shield wall

3rd BoD: Splutch!

DK to Sarth MT and you can prob do it. At least... it is technically possible.

Warriors are just as good if not better at add tanking. Consecration pretty much sucks here. i get stuck with adds every week, but DK/Warrior both better at it, IMO.

You don't have to take the BoDs if you kill the twilight adds.
Belloc

Postby Worldie » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:09 am

Belloc wrote:You don't have to take the BoDs if you kill the twilight adds.

With just 4 DPS by the time you kill one add you'll have maybe 15 seconds before the next portal is up.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Joanadark » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:49 am

With just 4 DPS by the time you kill one add you'll have maybe 15 seconds before the next portal is up.

2 dps up, 2 dps down.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Rehlachs- » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:15 am

the disciples have like 200k hp. having in mind, that one of the dps down there has to heal from time to time and that there won't be any group support (totems, SA, feral auras, whatever) from the other players you won't be able to kill it in the given time.
you need at least 3 dps to be sure.

if you can manage to kill the disciple fast enough with any number of players going down, it might be possible, but Shadron will be alive for a very long time. since killing Shadron should be your main priority this tactic is pretty risky.
of course, it works. my guild uses this on heroic mode, but on non-heroic you might lack the raw man power to do this .. so not every raid is able to it that way, especially when they are using with certain raid setups.
Rehlachs-

Next

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon