Remove Advertisements

Maexxna's Enrage [10]

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Maexxna's Enrage [10]

Postby pedal2000 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:19 pm

I'm looking for tips how to survive this with my gear:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Sharlette

Whenever he wraps me, I get smoked, my health ping pongs. When he hits the enrage and webs, I get really smoked. It's frustrating not to be able to tank, so I'm just curious if anyone has some suggestions on strategies to survive it? I already make sure holy shield/sacred shield are up, and I pop my armor trinket just before the first enraged web, but no dice.

Ideas?
Last edited by pedal2000 on Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
pedal2000

Postby Marwan » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:15 pm

If you have Deadly Boss Mods or BigWigs it will warn you when the Web Wrap is coming ... when you see the Web Wrap coming and he's already enraged or going to be enraged when he wraps you ...

Divine Protection

You can also have your dps hold until after he wraps you and THEN burn him to 30% which will give you more time to get him down before you get the enraged wrap combo.

Guardian Spirit works well here also.

Also ... no professions!?
Marwan

Postby Belarkan » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:05 am

If you are a bit short of dps, let the other tank taunt after you burned your shield well during the first enraged web wrath.
He'll be able to use his shield wall or whatever equivalent.
Belarkan

Postby Samilyn » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:23 am

Don't stress about Holy Shield uptime during Web Wrap, you can't block while stunned (Web Wrap effectively stuns you).

Right before the wrap Sacred Shield is a good idea, as well as any HoT's the raid can throw on you. Even feral HoT's are effective. Make sure the poison has been cleansed if it's on you, or either have a druid use Abolish Poison before the wrap, or be in the same group as a shaman with Poison Cleansing totem up.

If your healers are really struggling have them set up a rotation to use their special abilities. Guardian Spirit or Hand of Sacrifice can be applied directly before the web wrap, and both Druids and Shaman can use their NS directly afterwards to top you off.

Also use your own consumables as needed. An armor potion will help a lot for the first 2 minutes (or almost 4 if you use one directly before combat). If you come out of a wrap with 35%+ health your fine, so continue tanking as usual. However, if you come out with less than that, use a Healthstone, Health Potion, or even LoH.

Oh yeah. Make sure to use Divine Protection before the enraged Web Wrap, and have dps save ALL their cool-downs for the enrage. The less time she's enraged, the less likely you'll get pwnd.
Samilyn

Postby Belarkan » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:01 am

Samilyn wrote:Also use your own consumables as needed. An armor potion will help a lot for the first 2 minutes (or almost 4 if you use one directly before combat). If you come out of a wrap with 35%+ health your fine, so continue tanking as usual. However, if you come out with less than that, use a Healthstone, Health Potion, or even LoH.

Is it possible to drink 2 armor potions in a fight ?
I though only one was possible.
Belarkan

Postby majorwoo » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:09 am

Belarkan wrote:
Samilyn wrote:Also use your own consumables as needed. An armor potion will help a lot for the first 2 minutes (or almost 4 if you use one directly before combat). If you come out of a wrap with 35%+ health your fine, so continue tanking as usual. However, if you come out with less than that, use a Healthstone, Health Potion, or even LoH.

Is it possible to drink 2 armor potions in a fight ?
I though only one was possible.

Drink one before the fight. Pull. You can pop the second one after the first falls off, or wait for the 30%. Also, if your going to hit 30% during a web wrap we have all DPS stop, wait for web wrap at say 32-31% and then nuke boss. Blow bubble wall on the next wrap and she'll be dead before she does it again.
Despite all my rage, I am still just a Paladin Tank.
majorwoo

Postby majiben » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:06 am

On most bosses using an armor pot before the pull is a waste (of money) because the beginning of the fight is easy as opposed to the end where it can really hurt. You can also use SS and other absorption effects if your DP is on CD.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Mordinm » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:34 am

If you have a shaman or priest healer try and get them to spam you with their 1.5 second heals shortly before the web wrap for the 25% extra armor when they crit. If you have a pally healer I'm pretty sure they can bubble either out of the warp or before and avoid it. If you have to go though 2 enrages you can DP the first and get imp LoH for the second if you have a pally healer.

On your part the enrage is all about your HP pool and armor with one freebie due to DP. Make sure you have your armor aura up.
Mordinm

Postby guillex » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:39 am

[10]
[25]

or [10/25]?

PLEASE specify which you're talking about in your thread title. It keeps things clean and tidy.

Go ahead and change it.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby pedal2000 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:25 am

Sorry Guillex. Fixed. And thanks all for the advice, I'll give it a shot next week.
pedal2000

Postby Belloc » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:32 am

Shield wall the first enraged wrap and trinket (Seal of the Pantheon) the second one. If you get a third, drink an armor pot for it.

Also, get used to using your raid cooldowns, like Hand of Sacrifice, or the priest Guardian Spirit (?). HoTs are also a must.
Belloc

Postby majiben » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:34 am

Three web wraps seems a bit excessive for the last 35% of the boss's hp.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Zeels » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:20 pm

If you are human, use your every man for him self on the 2nd webwrap. Then lay on hands if you have to.

Like stated above you shouldn't have to endure more than 2 webwraps after the enrage.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby camlost » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:46 am

I recall trying the human racial during a web spray and it didn't work.

I use an Indestructible Potion when she enrages. I bubble wall for the first web spray and if there's a second, I use a trinket that gives more EH.

There were times where I actually had to endure 3 enraged sprays..but DPS has since improved.

If your dps is taking too long to kill her that may be a problem.

Also like people have said, shields, HoTs, are all important.

And we usually stop DPS at about 33%, wait for a web spray, then go all out to kill her quickly once she enrages.
camlost

Postby Zeels » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:30 am

camlost wrote:I recall trying the human racial during a web spray and it didn't work.

I use an Indestructible Potion when she enrages. I bubble wall for the first web spray and if there's a second, I use a trinket that gives more EH.

There were times where I actually had to endure 3 enraged sprays..but DPS has since improved.

If your dps is taking too long to kill her that may be a problem.

Also like people have said, shields, HoTs, are all important.

And we usually stop DPS at about 33%, wait for a web spray, then go all out to kill her quickly once she enrages.

I noticed that too the other day(human racial not working)..... Wonder if that is a nerf hmm...
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Next

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon