Remove Advertisements

Doom Lord Kazzak (can we tank him)

Doomwalker, Doom Lord Kazzak

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Doom Lord Kazzak (can we tank him)

Postby wingman » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:54 am

So, our guild cleared Gruul and we didn't have enough warlocks on to try Magtheridon, and the raid leader was like, "lets go kill kazzak"

I have been our guilds main tank since we created it, but the leadership says I can't tank Kazzak because if my mana runs too low I'll die and wipe the raid. From what I have read, he puts a debuff on you that lasts and we'll eventually drain 50% of your mana. It seems to me that with our mana pool as small as it is, even if I go below 50% mana, a super mana pot would be all I needed (not to mention if I'm tanking him I'll be getting lots of mana regen from heals). Also, from what I've read, there's a fairly good chance that I won't even get the debuff, but the raid leader is saying anyone who goes below 50% will get it. Can some people who have actually killed Kazzak provide some input to this fight and whether we can tank it or not?
wingman

Postby Oramac » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:02 am

paladins have tanked him before. of this i am sure. how well suited to it we are isnt something i can tell you though.
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac

Postby Lore » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:06 am

That's how the old Kazzak worked. The new one is a little different - he puts a debuff on a random person that drains 5% mana every second for 10 seconds, and if that person goes completely OOM, it explodes. Just being under 50% mana has nothing to do with it.

He does a fair bit of damage, so it should be impossible for you to go completely OOM.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Warrender » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:36 am

There's been Paladins who have successfully tanked the new Kazzak as well.

Demon outdoor boss who can be 40 man zerged. I haven't tanked him myself (my guild doesn't go for outdoor bosses for some reason) but I would think a Paladin would be able to generate enough frontloaded threat for DPS to burn him down before the mana thing becomes problematic.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:02 am

Considering the huge amount of damages he does, the boss is definitively tankable by a paladin since the zergheals will continously replenish the mana pool.

To be sure i'd use a full sta/low avoidance gear, to reduce the chance a serie of avoided attacks causing to spend too much mana without regenerating.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby ehly » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:59 am

I tanked Kazzak last night no problems.

Kazzak hits fairly hard, and often. So the mana regain from healing is greater than what you would ever loose from the debuff.
ehly

Postby Sero » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:13 pm

Tanked him a few days ago too myself, definetly doable.

Though wiped at the 5-10% range alot on our best tries, but we had only 5 healers.
<Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU
Sero

Postby juggi » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:11 am

Tanked DLK a few days ago. Got Mark on me early in fight while mana was still low from the pull and had to crush a mana pot. Our threat means not only can we tank this mob, but its a Paladin advantage mob.
juggi

Postby Gideon » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:27 am

Back when we were not sure how far the 2.0 tankadin buffs were going to take us the only examples (posted on the official forum at least) of succesful maintankadins in raids were Megor/Donar and Endure.

Megor did Kz. Endure did Kazzak.
Gideon

Postby Inferno255 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:45 am

We had the druid tank die at 12%, I managed ot stay second in threat and pick him up and he was down. Never really tanked him fully though. He definetly hits like a ton of bricks, but then again I was in kara/bit of ssc gear then.
Inferno255

Postby Mithos » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:59 am

MTd both outdoor bosses in mostly kara gear with ss crafted boots/belt a few times. Seeing as Kazzak is a huge DPS race, I raised the point that I could keep my threat maximal whilst keeping uncrushable, which the warrior coudn't do as he kept getting rage starved for some reason (was watching his bar during the fight). They both hit really hard though, you will not run out of mana unless you are packing some insane gear. Good palatank fight this, albeit very short ;>.
Mithos

Postby aureon » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:45 am

you are much better than a war.
that fight is:
-pull
-wait the tank to turn the mob (if you're melee)
-nuke the hell outta him.
and.. see what happens if you tell a 0/21/40 warlock to nuke the hell :)

start with AS+exo while under AW, judge righteousness and have another paladin judging crusader (holy o ret doesn't matter, better if ret ofc) and start with vengeance, while spamming cons/HS/exo all CDs. keep attention to HS, he hits for 5-6k and can crush up to 9k.
ah, and get hunters chain misdirect you ofc.
aureon

Postby Tekkel » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:59 am

Tanked it last night with a single misdirect. We killed him on 2nd attempt ever with me tanking. I got so much frontload threat before he dropped dead that noone passed me on the threatlist while going all out. Was very nice but I had around 20k raidbuffed hp. I even got bombed but that was no problem at all.
Tekkel

Postby kvark » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:16 am

Didn't have the setup to try vashj, so we tried this fella for the first time. Only having 22 (ranged from blues to half t5 geared) people we were kinda low on dps, so everyone running away on enrage meant our dps was just too low. Had quite a few wipes to that alone.
My TPS on this guy was quite nice (1200+) and I rarely took nasty blows even on enrage ( popped moroes watch on enrage )

Ssoooo our healers said "fck it - we'll heal you all through enrage so we dont loose dps". And so they did, AE heals for the win :)

http://www.stage6.com/user/Fristieh/vid ... s-av-(-22-)

( hunter recorded it, hence wrong naming )
kvark

Postby Averroes » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:31 am

Averroes

Return to Outdoor World Bosses