Remove Advertisements

[10/25] How To: Naxxramas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Passionario » Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:01 am

If you are running with a mage-heavy 10-man group, be particularily careful on Faerlina. It appears that their uncontrollable mirror images specifically focus near-dead adds.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby baleogthefierce » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:19 pm

Careful of the shadow resist bug that affects priest MC on GWF/Raz
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=13393399391

We earned the "Momma Said Knock You Out!" achievement on our first night in [25] Naxx because we couldn't figure out how to MC the adds to stop the enrage :P
baleogthefierce

Postby Sober » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:41 am

for 2 healer 4H, you need to somehow to have either the ranged tanks as self-healers or put one healer on both. If that's the case then you need your melee tanks to get as close as possible but not get both marks and a healer needs to sit in the middle (is how we did it.) unfortunately I was stupid enough outrange the healer a couple of times but in the end we did it. I died and we hit a total of 50 marks before we finished. Also Judge Light, that helps. And if you're running 2 healer Naxx10, definately need a replenishmentbot.

Also, I don't see myself tanking Heigan anymore (until they take out/change phase 1 being safe on the platform, lazy guildies) but the problem besides the aura's range - sometimes I'd use my phase 2 dance positions and get too close to healers - but the problem I got was as soon as Heigan goes back to phase 1, the raid is all grouped up and as he runs for me he basically hit everyone with Decrepit Fever (that's no fun to cleanse), which is weird because I've never seen this happen even when we 'cheated' phase 1 by dragging him past everyone into the corner of the platform. Just a coincidence?
Sober

Postby Fedaykin98 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:00 pm

This has probably been said already, but I haven't read all 7 pages:

You don't have to kite Anub'rekhan at all, on either version. Have everyone but the tank stay out of the range of locust swarm when it happens - healers heal the tank through it at max range. Much easier than the kiting version, and way less to screw up.

I did not know that you could kill an add instead of MC on Faerlina 25 - I'm going to have to look into that.
Fedaykin98

Postby Belloc » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:43 am

Fedaykin98 wrote:I did not know that you could kill an add instead of MC on Faerlina 25 - I'm going to have to look into that.

You can't. I've tried it before -- you have to use MC to dispel Faerlina's enrage on 25-man.
Belloc

Postby Panzerdin » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:28 pm

Fedaykin98 wrote:This has probably been said already, but I haven't read all 7 pages:

You don't have to kite Anub'rekhan at all, on either version. Have everyone but the tank stay out of the range of locust swarm when it happens - healers heal the tank through it at max range. Much easier than the kiting version, and way less to screw up.

I did not know that you could kill an add instead of MC on Faerlina 25 - I'm going to have to look into that.

It's in the OP, I think.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Re: [10/25] How To: Naxxramas

Postby pincopiones » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:10 pm

Panzerdin wrote:The Abomination Wing:

Patchwerk:

1) You don't have enough gear as a tank. Two healers per tank at least. If you're using only 2 HS tanks, you MAY (not necessarily) need to go to 3 healers.
2) Your are undergeared. Not very likely given the low gear requirements, but if you're in greens, you won't make it.
3) You suck. Beg healers can spam their awesome heals the whole fight and hope dpsers can burn him quickly enough as healers will not benefit from Mana Regen.

Fixed : )
pincopiones

Postby Panzerdin » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:00 pm

And the point of that was...
Panzerdin

Postby majiben » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:00 am

Panzerdin is alive! Haven't seen you post in a while. Also:

I'm in ur stiky drailng it.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Panzerdin » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:54 pm

I'm alive, I've just got an arm in plaster, so I'm not bothering to post much.
Panzerdin

Postby Kelaan » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:15 pm

Yikes! get well soon, then.
Kelaan

Postby Panzerdin » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:44 am

5th of Feb. It's my own damn fault though, so I don't deserve much sympathy.
Panzerdin

Postby GothicPL » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:58 pm

Fedaykin98 wrote:You don't have to kite Anub'rekhan at all, on either version. Have everyone but the tank stay out of the range of locust swarm when it happens - healers heal the tank through it at max range. Much easier than the kiting version, and way less to screw up.

Not kiting is riskier from the MT healer point of view. It's not a problem to keep the tank up with big heals through the locust swarm. However, if the healer gets spiked, the tank may not survive the burst. Kiting approach does not have this random dangerous element to it.
GothicPL

Postby Panzerdin » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:10 pm

Neither does having two healers.
Panzerdin

Postby majiben » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:26 pm

Not to mention hots, instant casts, absorptions, and tank cooldowns.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon