Remove Advertisements

[10/25] Making the Heigan Dance easy

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby phaqueue » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:49 am

if you get really good at recognizing the zone boundaries - it is possible to tank him facing sideways and still have room behind to DPS (at least on 10 man) the DPS will have to be basically on top of him - and each other the whole time... but it is doable (did it the other day - all DPS was behind him - we got safety dance)

it's a royal pain - if you miss your mark... you can get hit with the zone behind you... if your DPS is back to far - they will get hit...

I have to agree with Maj here.. easiest way to deal with this complaining is to ask a simple question of the melee "Do you do more DPS from the front of the mob? or while dead?"
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Postby Threatco » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:13 pm

Overexplanation is what got me killed the first time.

The edge of the zones matter nothing if people don't have a feel for the timing.

Once I noticed it was simply "Move to the next area that just blew up ASAP" it became cheese cake.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby daemonym » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:09 am

Threatco wrote:Once I noticed it was simply "Move to the next area that just blew up ASAP" it became cheese cake.

omg so much this! if i start ad the middle ish area of zone 1, i can just hit auto run and make it through all of the explosions just fine. unless i start too far up i might have to pause like half a second and then move on. my only problem is when we get to zone 4 i have a tendency to run -too- far and end up getting clipped by the first 1-2 blasts, but other than that its cake. and i sure do love me some cheese cake!
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Rothifer » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:48 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcOZ6xFxJqg

Someone asked what this refered to so here you go.

As to doing the safety dance, do like the others say. Watch for pretty green floaty things.

Raid getting killed because they can't figure it out? Wiping a lot? Do like I do. Be inconsistant. Pull the boss into a safe zone first couple of times. Than leave him in the bad zone. When all the dps yell "WTF L2 SAFETY DANCE TANK" remember that THEY are dead and not you. Eventually the dps get the idea that THEY are responsible for where they should stand.

So that is what I tell the RL. What I am actually doing is laughing my ass off trying to kill as many DPS as possible. /roll on MY T7 will you *shakes fist*
Rothifer

Postby Belloc » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:53 am

We had a very laggy Naxx raid last night, so we decided to use the safe spot for the entire fight. (Except for melee, who were on the platform for phase 1).

We still had 3 melee die. I guess "stack directly on top of the circle" is just as hard as the dance.
Belloc

Postby masterpoobaa » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:18 pm

god he is easy.
died the first time as i misscounted.
Havnt died since.

I always face the platform, and do sideways strafe.
So easy n simple.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby BlackKnight6667 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:38 am

Mazater wrote:
Belloc wrote:What safe spot is that?

I'm guessing he's referring to the tankspot video about Heingan, melee stands ontop of the tank and follows him blindly, so they don't have to actually know anything, just keep on moving.

And when they're doing that, they're hitting the boss from the front and making parry-hastened boss attacks, but who cares.

There is also a safe place in the room in general. in the crack of a door you won't get splashed so ranged DPS stays their the whole fight, Healers step forward from that point to put one foot on the edge of the platform (just where it starts, not the top)along the wall, another safe spot. Melee DPS stands behind the boss, with the tank at the bottom left corner of the platform, just in sight of the healers and just keeping him out of range of the debuff.

On phase two everyone crams their butts into the corner where the Ranged was. back to phase one Tank runs up and re-positions into the same setup. rince repeat. He usually goes down in 2-3 minutes due to 100% ranged DPS time on target...

PS> this stated every group should try every time to do the dance the "official" way before using this method...
BlackKnight6667

Postby Bregor » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:47 am

Wasn't this fixed?
Bregor - Deathwing(EU) - 0/53/18
Bregor

Postby Belloc » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:18 am

Bregor wrote:Wasn't this fixed?
No. We used it on Wednesday. Word has it that it is fixed in 3.0.8, but it doesn't sound like something that can be hotfixed.
Belloc

Postby Dokidoki » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:20 am

Im noticing a lot of people had hte same problem I did. When it was first explained to me, our GL (shaman) put totems in the zone and used a horrible explanation as to what we had to do and when.

I ended up just following my friend who was MTing and I did okay, but I knew if I had to MT it I would be screwed because I didnt understand how to tell when to move or where.

It's much easier once I found its just "look for flash, then move where flash used to be".

Dont overexplain this fight, you're just confusing people.
Dokidoki

Postby Caelia » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:58 am

29 minutes to down him in Naxx25....6 of us did it, 1 dps, 2 tanks, 3 healers. We use Brez chains to get people up...multiple times...
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Postby Rutilcaper » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:45 am

Any idea if the safe spot was hotfixed or not? Honestly I'd be just as happy if it was. I'd like to do the fight the real way.

As for melee dying in the safe spot... it might have something to do with hitboxes. Certain people in our group (feral druid, orc warrior) always seem to die during it, and they're standing in the same place as everyone else. I don't know how they could get hit and no one else does.
Rutilcaper

Postby avatar8481 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:26 am

We normally were using the safe spot, and had on Monday night. Last night nobody found it on our first run, so we just forced people to learn the dance. It's so simple I think we'll just give up on the safe spot, even if wasn't hot fixed.

Postby BlackKnight6667 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:39 am

Rutilcaper wrote:Any idea if the safe spot was hotfixed or not? Honestly I'd be just as happy if it was. I'd like to do the fight the real way.

As for melee dying in the safe spot... it might have something to do with hitboxes. Certain people in our group (feral druid, orc warrior) always seem to die during it, and they're standing in the same place as everyone else. I don't know how they could get hit and no one else does.

The safe spot is now gone :( all must learn the dance...]

Ran Nax last night, and noted that not only is the sweet spot gone, they expanded his de-buff range just enough so you cannot tank him on the platform and get heals from the outsice far edge of the platform which kills the healer safe spot...
BlackKnight6667

Postby Annadin » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:20 am

Yep, the 'safe spot' has gone. Lrn2dance :)

We ran this last week the proper way in 25-man, as we have always done. It wasn't an announced attempt at The Immortal but frankly I was getting a little fed up with silly deaths on this one, so... to spice things up a little as Raid Leader I tapped the guild Bank Manager for 2,000g and offered to split the pot between everyone who survived the fight :D

If we wiped 1st time, the pot would reduce by 500g

Nothing concentrates the mind like a wad of cash, and 23 people made it first time in record time :D

Fortunately for The-Two-Who-Died we'd already had a death elsewhere from someone else, so it wasn't their fault that we blew an otherwise excellent run at The Immortal! (btw, do you guys announce the intention to go for The Immortal from the start, or just wait until, say, the 4th-5th boss with no deaths and then mention it? /endthreadhijack)
Wittysigplaceholdertext.txt

Main: Annadin, Paladin
Spare Tankadin: Panadoll, Paladin
Other Alts: Jaybee, Priest - Samiam, Rogue - Shamiam, Shaman
Guild: Cotton Candy of Shadowsong Europe
Youtube: Channel
Annadin

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon