Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Malygos now 6 mins for the achievement.

Postby knaughty » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:03 pm

Nerfed.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Joanadark » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:10 pm

so dumb. didn't need a nerf in the slightest.

This change doesnt let you stack less sparks, it simply lets you be sloppy and bad in phase 2.
Or i suppose the intention might be to let you bring a melee heavy raid, not bring him to 1hp, but have time to finish him the normal way in p3, but thats just kinda dumb imo.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Worldie » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:00 am

Question: did they actually make the sparks immune to root as some people were saying?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby knaughty » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:20 am

Oh crap.

Not nerfed. Sparks + pool despawn after 90 seconds regardless of when you kill them.

IE: Maybe you could root them (don't know), but there's no point.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby towelliee » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:29 am

Ok so far we have speculation

- Sparks or the Pool despawn after 90 seconds
- root may not be used against sparks

Anything else?
towelliee

Postby Enkal » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:31 am

Said something on mmo-champ that they made the encounter slightly harder and thus compensated by raising the time limit to 6 mins. :?
Enkal

Postby Ewige » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:36 am

Unrootability confirmed? Can they still be gripped?
Eiv - Fliegende Kinderscheiße!
Ewige

Postby Darkkopi » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:08 am

What i notice after doing a 10m version of Malygos after the patch was the change in the phase 2 to 3 transition. It seems that once you board the drakes, there's a 20-30 sec duration where Malygos is immune to attacks from the drake and can't be targeted at all so that's like taking away 20-30 sec from the 6 minute timer.
Darkkopi

Postby towelliee » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:53 am

Are you sure you didn't target him after phase 2 was over if so you have to de-target and re-target once you mount the Drake.

Blue post said earlier to someone stating it harder said

"as new gear comes in the future the encounter will be much more doable"
towelliee

Postby Splug » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:29 pm

That dead time already existed. You had to finish P2 with about 30 seconds remaining while you waited for him to roleplay at the start of P3 - you could hammer on him, but he wouldn't lose that last HP until he was done with his speech.

Not being able to mass-stack sparks makes it a straight-up damage race, rather than an odd-execution gripping minigame. Interesting change, though to be honest the other way was kind of a fun romp into oddness.

Chains of ice still seemed to work, but I was tanking so gripping sparks would have been bad.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Joanadark » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:31 pm

What i notice after doing a 10m version of Malygos after the patch was the change in the phase 2 to 3 transition. It seems that once you board the drakes, there's a 20-30 sec duration where Malygos is immune to attacks from the drake and can't be targeted at all so that's like taking away 20-30 sec from the 6 minute timer.

that was always the case.

And goddamnit, i really wish i hadnt volunteered to sit for our first few times doing it before the patch. ><
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Darkkopi » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:03 pm

What i mean was somehow they increase the time for the phase transition.

Usually once I am mounted on the drake, I will use the 500% sprint and go up to Malygos to shoot my first bolt but I wasn't able to yesterday till about 20-30 second later.
Darkkopi

Postby Belloc » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:29 pm

Joanadark wrote:

that was always the case.

And goddamnit, i really wish i hadnt volunteered to sit for our first few times doing it before the patch. ><

I don't think this is correct. You could still attack and damage him, it just wouldn't take him below 1 health. If, however, he was above 1 health, he'd still be damaged.
Belloc

Postby wingman » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:37 pm

My guilds done 5 minute maly, but last night we decided to do 20 man maly. We noticed a few things have changed, and I think the achievement is harder now than before.

1) Sparks are rootable, but will despawn 90 seconds after they spawn, so you can't keep all sparks rooted in one spot and blow 4 or 5 up at once. Basically, the best you can do now is get 3 stacks. The buff also doesn't seem to last as long, but I don't have exact times on it.

2) Once phase 2 ends, you can not target Malygos at all. Prior to patch you could target him, and even dps him a bit while waiting for platform to shatter and what not. Now you can't even target him until the phase transition is totally complete.
wingman

Postby Darkkopi » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:41 pm

wingman wrote:2) Once phase 2 ends, you can not target Malygos at all. Prior to patch you could target him, and even dps him a bit while waiting for platform to shatter and what not. Now you can't even target him until the phase transition is totally complete.

This is what I mean.
Darkkopi

Next

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon