Remove Advertisements

[You Dont Have An Eternity] (5 min Malygos)

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby sfrog » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:19 am

elfjorc wrote:Hey, at least you guys can actually make it through Heigan without someone dying.

Immortal try #5.
Thadius dead, no deaths and achievement! Everyone smiles nervously.
Four horsemen down, no deaths. Bigger smiles.
Spider wing. /yawn
Heigan dead, no deaths. Cautiously everyone's starting to grin.

30secs into Loatheb, 5 people die. We're still not sure how.
Without Honor...there is no Hope.
sfrog

Postby Worldie » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:44 am

deaths on loatheb can only be caused by failure at healing
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Wolvar » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:32 pm

...or popping a spore on the tank immediately.
Wolvar

Postby Martie » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:22 pm

I ruined our undying attempt by getting mixed up on what side to stand on on Thaddeus.
The rest of the run was flawless.

Of course, some of the blame falls on the guy who was supposed to tank him but missed the jump, some falls on the guy pulling Thaddeus away from me, and some falls on the guy intentionally confusing the sides a bit....

But most falls on me.

I'm not gonna live that down anytime soon. :(
I'm about to drop the hammer...
...and dispense some indiscriminate justice!

This is my armory profile
Martie

Postby Lisson » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:24 am

we were at 28% KT, the healer next to me got detonate mana so he had to move, at the exact time i got ice blocked and exploded... lost immortal :(
Lisson

Re: [You Dont Have An Eternity] (5 min Malygos)

Postby Diocaska » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:29 am

Joanadark wrote:failed by 5 seconds.....
#$#T$%$@%$@#$@Z^$T

any ideas on how to get the freaking scions on the opposite side of your spark stack dead faster?

Got screwed in the meantime until reset cause some dumbass priest put SW:P on Malygos at the end of P2 and killed him after we'd failed.

I know you've already got it now, but would a DK anti magic shield help at all?
Aurellia(90) Ulshala(85) Diocaska(85) Leighesha(85)
Diocaska

Re: [You Dont Have An Eternity] (5 min Malygos)

Postby Cakes » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:31 am

Diocaska wrote:
I know you've already got it now, but would a DK anti magic shield help at all?

An AMZ would help reduce damage taken by the group while on the spark buff, but it's not really helpful for the problem Joanadark was asking about (dealing with scions that are far away).
Former GM and Raid Leader of Midwinter - US PVE Ysera
Cakes

Postby majiben » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:36 am

But couldn't he lay the zone closer to the scion and in front of their path so the group could move to get them?
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby hoho » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:40 am

Who do you think should get the first priority over the disks in P2, melee or aff. locks/spriest? As spriest I could easily keep all the flying adds dotted with 2-3 dots ticking for ~1.6-2.3k each for massive damage. One might say it is doable on ground too but so far when I've tried it healers fail to keep me alive.

Of course if people don't fail at stacking sparks most of the ranged mobs can probably be shot down by ranged people in a few seconds
hoho

Postby majiben » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:42 am

Stacking ranged might be the way to go for 10 man at least. You're unlikely to ever get a low enough melee count in 25 man to send up casters first.
majiben

Postby hoho » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:55 am

Majiben wrote:You're unlikely to ever get a low enough melee count in 25 man to send up casters first.
Are you sure that one dot caster can't outperform any melee in the air? I'm not talking about mages-hunters and non-affliction locks but affliction locks and spriest whose dots do a lot of damage.

In my experience melees usually do around 3-3.5k dps (not all the buffs are working up there). To match that on spriest asuming average of 1.8k per tick for with two dots on each mob it means I need to have ~6 dots ticking or 3 mobs dotted. Usually I have 5+ dotted up. On ground I can rarely get more than three dotted and most of the time just sit there looking the air and waiting for them to fly closer.
hoho

Postby majiben » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:23 am

Yeah but you also have to consider that because melee focus fire platforms start falling faster which mean more melee get into the air to deal damage.
majiben

Postby hoho » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:28 am

Majiben wrote:Yeah but you also have to consider that because melee focus fire platforms start falling faster which mean more melee get into the air to deal damage.
They can also stay on the ground to burst the other melee mobs down one by one to get the dotter or two in air faster. Sp and aff. lock plain suck on nuking down stuff that dies relatively fast. So if a melee gets a disk first then the other things on ground will die that much slower.

Have others had practical experience with sending dotters up first?
hoho

Postby majiben » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:35 am

But once you run out of the close range mobs your melee just sits on it's arse.
majiben

Postby hoho » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:07 am

Majiben wrote:But once you run out of the close range mobs your melee just sits on it's arse.
It's not much different from dotters as we can't reach many mobs under bubbles/on sparks, usually I'm lucky to be able to cast anything on more than two of them. Also I must run around a lot whereas on a disk I can move and cast simultaneously.

Perhaps my raid-setup is different, we have no affliction locks and I'm the only spriest. We usually have ~5-7 melee dps. During the last few weeks I've been given the first disk and from the feeling it seems our P2 goes buy much faster than it used to. Also part of it could be that we usually have huge lag during P2 and even when casting two dots can occasionally take 5+s instead of ~2.5 they do more damage than melees trying to spam their abilities with similar lag.
hoho

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon