Favorite Naxx Fights?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby daemonym » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:16 am

heigan - i have no idea why but this fight is much fun to me. the whole dancing bit tickles me when everybody knows when and where to move it just looks so silly i giggle ^^

4H - i like this one because it actually feels like a real raid encounter not a tank and spank with a single oh by the way don't stand in bad stuff mechanic. only thing i don't like is the RNG factor of meteor as it always seems to come down on a tank switch on mark 3 and splatter them (this normal?). so we just have the groups run up with their tank just in case, works out very well.

thaddius - because the few times i've done him i had the same charge until 30% then it doesn't change again till he's dead.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
User avatar
daemonym
 
Posts: 2322
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:05 pm
Location: With Cats on Mars

Postby Wolvar » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:22 am

Wait till meteor is cast AFTER the 3rd mark application and you shouldn't run into that problem.
Image
Wolvar
 
Posts: 533
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:52 am

Postby Sederia » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:04 pm

daemonym wrote:4H - i like this one because it actually feels like a real raid encounter not a tank and spank with a single oh by the way don't stand in bad stuff mechanic. only thing i don't like is the RNG factor of meteor as it always seems to come down on a tank switch on mark 3 and splatter them (this normal?)

tell your dps to suck less
if (we take thane 1st now) he's not dead at switch, someones afk
fight goes something like
(me stand in a back corner QQ as the raid leader doesn't like my mass taunt in front)
trigger event
ALL hunters MD to Thane's tank
heroism & dps cd's
1 debuff
by 3stack - Thane is dead or falling over dead

works well, unless your going for the 4 at once achievement
User avatar
Sederia
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:46 am
Location: Garrosh-US

Postby Petersen » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:57 pm

Passionario wrote:Gothik.

It's like playing a one-sided Tetris deathmatch.



Fun things to do on Gothic: Tank Live side, tell your mates to not kill the first 4 sets of adds, then AoE them all down at once and listen gleefully to the screams of pain and irritation of those on the Dead side.
¬The Original PalaTank, Petersen the Unbreakable
Tanking with a Paladin since before it was 'cool.'
Petersen
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:36 pm

Postby phaqueue » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:16 am

Tbolt wrote:I love Heigan, the dance is just fun and always good times to make fun of the people who don't make it. Also nothing like the sound of 3 people dying to the lava behind you, to make you laugh on vent.

After Heigan I'd probably say Patches is my favorite when I'm main tanking him. I'm not a big fan of 4H right now 'cause i'm paranoid about my taunt doing something weird and wiping us but after we get our new one I'm sure that will also become a favorite.

Not a big fan of Gluth cause its hard to see whats going on and I'm mostly just staring at his crotch for the fight.


easy fix to the taunt issue - just make sure that the other tank knows not to taunt till you say so - usually the other tank says "switch" then I say ok - I got him - taunt...

you will likely have both on you at the same time long enough to take a hit - but it's not that big a deal...
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
User avatar
phaqueue
 
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:45 am

Postby phaqueue » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:22 am

Sederia wrote:
daemonym wrote:4H - i like this one because it actually feels like a real raid encounter not a tank and spank with a single oh by the way don't stand in bad stuff mechanic. only thing i don't like is the RNG factor of meteor as it always seems to come down on a tank switch on mark 3 and splatter them (this normal?)

tell your dps to suck less
if (we take thane 1st now) he's not dead at switch, someones afk
fight goes something like
(me stand in a back corner QQ as the raid leader doesn't like my mass taunt in front)
trigger event
ALL hunters MD to Thane's tank
heroism & dps cd's
1 debuff
by 3stack - Thane is dead or falling over dead

works well, unless your going for the 4 at once achievement


if your DPS can't pull this off... it's really not hard to not get hit by meteor... basically - instead of switching at 3 stacks... get 3 stacks... then switch after the next meteor... you will probably pick up a 4th stack during the switch - but it's not really that much...

also - remember that he will start casting meteor and will stop moving - just keep running - I've noticed that he tends to cast it where you were when he started casting - not where you are when he finishes... hope this helps :)
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
User avatar
phaqueue
 
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:45 am

Postby cap_x » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:31 pm

first clear of naxx 10 on Friday night.

over all i really enjoyed it.

Thaddius = very entertaining to tank

4 Horsemen = mayhem but good fun

Sap = fun one to tank while shouting "ZOMG GTFO of Blizzard!" over vent

KT = phase 1 looking for adds makes me dizzy.

Patch = intense to see if the healers can keep you up. kinda reminds me of when kara was serious business and prince was a challenge.

Gothik = undead aoe spam fun

over all Thaddius, 4 horsemen and KT were probably my favourite encounters in the place.

want to get in and give Malygos a crack.
Image
cap_x
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:14 pm

Postby Tiranknight » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:21 pm

Fight's I do like:

Patchwerk - maybe because I just sit there and spam buttons. 8) Can be stressful fight if you/healers are undergeared but I haven't had to worry about that the past few weeks.

Anub-Rehkan - I like this fight because if you are Off-tanking you actually feel like you have a job in here picking up the adds although it's not much.

4 Horsemen - Don't know why I like this encounter but it kind of has a smooth rhythmic flow to it.. 3 stacks switch, visa-versa and the whole time you are hoping the back side can survive so you can go help them out as quick as you can.

I'm sort of warming up to Grobbulus at first I didn't like that fight at all... but when your raid understands how to properly place the Injection diseases it's not all that bad.


Now fights that I absolutely HATE in Naxx...

Gluth - Kiting Zombie chow sucks... even though I'm getting good at it, it's just so annoying.. especially if the other side kiter is struggling you have to go pick up the slack for the Zombies they get loose and can accidentally stack up more debuffs than needed.

Thaddius - worst fight in here IMO... not because I can't get it but no matter what some retard will die on the first polarity shift no matter what... some people will miss the jump no matter what... someone will lag out and take out like 4 people running late to their charges side... just too much of a Pain in the arse fight because you need flawless performance from all 25 people in the raid.

Loatheb - the whole time during this fight I'm just sitting there wishing it would be over... although I do enjoy seeing some unussually high crits with SoTR I would otherwise never see it gets old quick.
Tiranknight
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:02 pm

Postby amh » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:27 am

Tiranknight wrote:Gluth - Kiting Zombie chow sucks... even though I'm getting good at it, it's just so annoying.. especially if the other side kiter is struggling you have to go pick up the slack for the Zombies they get loose and can accidentally stack up more debuffs than needed.


Do them all yourself, slacker :D Much more entertaining than picking up one chow.... one chow... one chow... one chow... one chow... one chow... one chow... one chow...
I used to play a paladin.
User avatar
amh
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3012
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 6:25 am
Location: Oh hi

Postby majiben » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:49 am

Chow kiting is my favorite part of naxx.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
User avatar
majiben
Moderator
 
Posts: 6999
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Retired

Previous

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron

Who is online

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests